Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ****...... U ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    My tutor has had a heart attack on the way in to Zoology this morning and is dead.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    ****...... U ok?
    As much as I can be - it hasn't really sunk in.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I can be - it hasn't really sunk in.
    :hugs: How old was he would you say?

ReputationRep:
    58 I think... somewhere around 60ish, so it wasn't like a really young lecturer but it's still pretty bloody weird... our first years are just like "... but... but ... he was meant to be giving us a lecture today" I'm sorry Charl

ReputationRep:
    In other news, I have concluded that some people are just really monumentally ****, and that others should be given gold stars for making me grin when an hour ago I was in floods of tears.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    :hugs: How old was he would you say?
    58 The porter on duty said he feels like the college is cursed, after Peter Derow had a heart attack in the Front Quad around this time last year

Boo: apparently that was when they first realised (at Zoology) that something was wrong - when he didn't turn up to give a lecture. His poor wife... the college chaplain phoned her up, and said she was telling the college to make sure they looked after us. Ahh dear - he wasn't always my favourite person, but there's still an enormous gap in college and academic life where he's meant to be.

ReputationRep:

My thoughts are with all of you who knew him.

ReputationRep:
    One of our biologists mentioned that this evening. Really sad

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry athena.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've just had a little bit of good news to balance out the sadness, in that I can go and visit Sir Walter Bodmer's genetics lab. I so nearly pressed the forward button to show my tutor though

I've just had a little bit of good news to balance out the sadness, in that I can go and visit Sir Walter Bodmer's genetics lab. I so nearly pressed the forward button to show my tutor though
    Bodmer's a good lad. He was Principal at Hertford a couple of years ago and gave us loads of free dinners and stuff.

Do you know a DPhil student called Ellen? She's a postgrad at Hertford doing something like archaeogenetics and loves Bodmer (her supervisor) about as much as you. Him and Barry Cunliffe, actually.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Morbo)
    Bodmer's a good lad. He was Principal at Hertford a couple of years ago and gave us loads of free dinners and stuff.

Do you know a DPhil student called Ellen? She's a postgrad at Hertford doing something like archaeogenetics and loves Bodmer (her supervisor) about as much as you. Him and Barry Cunliffe, actually.
    That's who he's told me to contact, actually.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    *bump*

TSR meet in 3rd week - see the sticky at the top of the forum (there you go, Jon).

ReputationRep:
    Aaaargh, I hate essays where you have no idea whatsoever how to structure your response... to make matters worse the title has the word "dichotomy" in it and I haven't a clue what it's supposed to mean in this context (well I have a vague idea, but can't rack my brains to come up with an approach that will fill 2500 words...)

It's due in on monday and I want to go out tonight, Saturday and Sunday

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing "Guess The Fine". I guess how much the Union will fine me, and if I'm right, I buy myself a Coke.

ReputationRep:
    This is the point where you email the 2nd years
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I'm playing "Guess The Fine". I guess how much the Union will fine me, and if I'm right, I buy myself a Coke.

What have you done - seconded Omkar's motion to have his election ban revoked?

ReputationRep:

What have you done - seconded Omkar's motion to have his election ban revoked?
    No, I covered President's Drinks in vomit after systematically alienating everyone in the room.

ReputationRep:
    I covered President's Drinks in vomit
    The room it was held in, or his actual drinks?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.