The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
Sunday is 1st week, ergo term time, surely?
:ditto:
Thanks guys! The link I was looking at only had vacation opening times:

http://www.ouls.ox.ac.uk/rsl/opening
I do find it really depressing that I know the weekend opening times of the RSL, with only two terms behind me, better than a 4th year scientist :p:
(:frown:)
Reply 4164
Hahaha, just saw one of my friends on Street Doctor looking really confused.
Athena
Hahaha, just saw one of my friends on Street Doctor looking really confused.

What's street doctor?
Reply 4166
BBC programme where four doctors go to a UK city and give consultations in the street. They were in Oxford middle of last term.
What's going on in Broad St? Making quite a racket! Is it the animal rights thugs?
Google says it's the SPEAK national demo...
No wonder the riot police were out in force (see what I did there :wink:)
Reply 4170
Oh please, not again :rolleyes:
When is the "I hate the protesters" demo again? I need to attend at least one while being here.
they don't happen very often, precisely because large demonstrations in general are disruptive and annoy people, and are the sort of activity pro-test want to discourage.
Athena

Voila.

Oh. Never heard anyone call it that in my 4 years here.
Reply 4174
I've got work worth half the year due in tomorrow, I'm not finished, yet I can't find the motivation to work. What's wrong with me?
twistme
I've got work worth half the year due in tomorrow, I'm not finished, yet I can't find the motivation to work. What's wrong with me?

Are you interested in your subject? I find my lack of motivation stems from the fact that I dislike most of my course.
Reply 4176
I love my course, almost all the time. I've just done all the bits I know how to do and am stuck staring at problems I've no idea how to solve. I'd be much happier sitting down to work if I thought I was going to get somewhere!
twistme
I love my course, almost all the time. I've just done all the bits I know how to do and am stuck staring at problems I've no idea how to solve. I'd be much happier sitting down to work if I thought I was going to get somewhere!

Ah, I get you. In that case you will just need to do as much as you can. Write something. I know, It is really annoying when you don't get something. My tutors are understanding when I don't answer certain questions.

I've got work worth half my year due in Friday of 2nd week, and I know what you mean. Especially when some parts of the problem take ages to do, and I need to be careful about which limits I'm taking and which approximations are valid.

What's the title of your work, anyway?
Reply 4179
Instead of sat exams this year we have take-home 'mini-projects' which are basically like really long, really hard problem sheets. I've got 3 in tomorrow, on automata, randomised algorithms and information retrieval.
At least after tomorrow I've only got 4 weeks of writing up my project then I'm done forever :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending