The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Elles
Balls.

Anyone know who's having one this summer, still has tickets & are likely to be good..?

Trying to work out whether they're still worth it or save it for my next college one, hmmm.

Lincoln is having their "Around the World in Eighty Days" next Sat and I think there are some non-dining tickets left at £80...
sophisti_kate
Lincoln is having their "Around the World in Eighty Days" next Sat and I think there are some non-dining tickets left at £80...

£70 - http://lincolnball.com/?p=home
Quistis
I went to Merton's ball last Michaelmas (would have been £90 if my ticket hadn't been free :wink:) and, apart from the free drinks, fatty fried food and ballgown-jeopardising helter skelter, it didn't really have anything the Hilda's ball won't.

Apart from that, the four self-styled Commemoration Balls are sold out - missed out on tickets to Worcester, but am going to John's instead :smile: I'm really not convinced it'll be worth £120 (and suspect I'll have to pay, sulk)

How do you get free tickets to a college ball?
Trinity sent a recent e-mail claiming not to have sold out, don't know if that's true.
Reply 4204
hannahpalindrome
How do you get free tickets to a college ball?

Play in a band/otherwise perform.
i cant see how they can possibly be worth spending 100 pounds on....
Lincoln has loads of tickets, apparently. I'm with the 'not worth spending so much money on crowd' but am swaying a bit. Apparently they need to sell another 40ish tickets to break even.
thomasjtl
Lincoln has loads of tickets, apparently.

I'm not sure *loads* is quite the right word. There are sufficient numbers currently left, but I understand they are expecting to sell out and ticket sales are much higher than in previous years! So if people do want to come, then I would book sooner rather than later.
Reply 4208
Come on Ede and Ravenscroft, this is not what I would describe as "phoning back almost immediately" :mad:
Don't they do graduation robes and stuff? :wtf?:
If anyone is interested in donating blood , there is a session at the Deaf & Hard of Hearing Centre, Little Gate Street (St. Ebbes vicinity) on Thursday.
Reply 4211
F1 fanatic
Don't they do graduation robes and stuff? :wtf?:

They also do finalists photos, which I'm meant to be organising...
umm, athena, you've been duped into feeding the E&R cash cow. Their photography business model is 'we can charge whatever we like because it's convenient for people to get their gowns and photos together. It's their graduation- their parents will be willing to pay anything'.
Reply 4213
I simply do as my SU president commands.

In other news - the new Dean appears to be both witty AND have a sense of humour :eek2:
Okies...maybe going for a run when slightly concussed wasn't such a sensible idea...
Reply 4215
Are you OK?! How did you get concussion?
Athena
Are you OK?! How did you get concussion?

I got smacked in the head by a frisbee on Monday evening at my first Ultimate practise. About halfway through our match the captain was aiming for someone in the distance and he didn't see I was standing about 10feet away from him or so and threw it straight at my head! Now have a nice bump and been suffering with headaches/neckaches and poor concentration (good excuse not to revise too much)! And yesterday afternoon I was so fed up of being stuck inside working (and not very effectively at that) I decided to go for a run around Uni parks. I felt great at the time but a little while after I got back my head started throbbing! No running for me today...
Hoofbeat
I got smacked in the head by a frisbee on Monday evening at my first Ultimate practise. About halfway through our match the captain was aiming for someone in the distance and he didn't see I was standing about 10feet away from him or so and threw it straight at my head! Now have a nice bump and been suffering with headaches/neckaches and poor concentration (good excuse not to revise too much)! And yesterday afternoon I was so fed up of being stuck inside working (and not very effectively at that) I decided to go for a run around Uni parks. I felt great at the time but a little while after I got back my head started throbbing! No running for me today...

Ouch! :s-smilie: I hope he was feeling sufficiently guilty about that :p:
Reply 4218
Hmm, I suspect I know who you're talking about, and he may well have just laughed rather than said sorry...
Argh, went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with pleurisy again, as I suspected. It's the second time I've had it, and it's immensely painful. Last time I had it i was laid up in bed for two weeks, and took months to recover fully from it. This could hardly have come at a worse time :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending