(Original post by Athena)
    Student finance :mad:
    What have they done?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    What have they done?
    It's more what haven't I done (ie, remembered when the student finance deadline was). But I've been at uni, and so haven't had any reminders etc - they all go home and my parents don't open my post

ReputationRep:
    If it's for the next academic year, I wouldn't worry about being late. I've done my forms in the summer for the previous two years and my LEA have been very good at processing it within 2-4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be filling my form in after the deadline this year, too - I only found out on Monday which uni I'll be at next academic year, so obviously I couldn't do it on time! I have been reassured by various friends that, as LennonMcCartney says, you can hand your forms in really rather late and still get your loan on time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cheers guys, I feel a lot better about it now

ReputationRep:
    even if it is delayed, the result will be a late loan payment, rather than no funding at all judging by what's happened friends.

Frickin' animal rights protestors.

ReputationRep:
    Deadline? What?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Morbo)
    Frickin' animal rights protestors.

*****, the lot of them. I look forward to the day when I 'accidentally' run one down on my bike - I was so close this morning...

ReputationRep:
    Are the animals right protesteos there every day? Its just that I was cycling down South Parks Rd. and was a little surprised to not see anyone protesting there for once.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I they're only allowed to be outside the new lab one a fortnight (maybe less often) in a little marked out box. I've never seen them protesting there. It's the ones at degree ceremonies that annoy me (and Morbo, I gather).

ReputationRep:
    There's a regular gang who do Thursdays.

The old woman who has a sign saying "Drink cows milk ................... If you want cancer" stuck on her car she parks on Mansfield Road particularly amuses me.

ReputationRep:
    I must have been very unfortunate in my previous trips then, considering I always bumped into them.

It annoys me that some of the things they're chanting, or some of the slogans they carry, are quite clearly false. I have nothing against reasonable and sensible protestors, but invariably the if any of those exist on South Parks Rd. they always appear to be outnumbered by the aforementioned idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I they're only allowed to be outside the new lab one a fortnight (maybe less often) in a little marked out box. I've never seen them protesting there. It's the ones at degree ceremonies that annoy me (and Morbo, I gather).
    Yeah, like Huw Davies says, they're there every Thurs, sadly. My biggest fear is that they're increasing the chance of student injury by making us more likely to walk on the pavement-less side of the road (by the fences in front of the lab) in order to avoid them

ReputationRep:
    The Thursday lot are tremendously unintimidating, in my view.

ReputationRep:
    I've probably said this before, but when i graduate i'm going to make sure my hood is trimmed with real rabbit fur just to spite them. Ergh, i just can't understand what motivates people enough to be such utter ***** as to protest outside graduation ceremonies of students who have absolutely nothing to do with or any influence over the animal testing going on.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what usually happens with lectures and practicals on bank holidays, btw? Am i to assume that they just go ahead as usual, or will they be cancelled?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They've always gone on as usual for me

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.