Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    it all looks so gorgeous, but tastes foul, all stale/greasy.
    I'm quite possibly quite offended by that. They have as stardard on their menu a sandwich containing ham, beef, chiken and salami, rounded off with cheese and salad- how can you dislike a place that packs that much meat into a sandwich? Pecan and something slices are immense, too. Their espresso is a bit ****, though- they top it up with water once they've finished pouring it, freaks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    I'm quite possibly quite offended by that. They have as stardard on their menu a sandwich containing ham, beef, chiken and salami, rounded off with cheese and salad- how can you dislike a place that packs that much meat into a sandwich? Pecan and something slices are immense, too. Their espresso is a bit ****, though- they top it up with water once they've finished pouring it, freaks...
    By being veggie? :p:

I've had the pecan pie (greasy, stale-ish), cookie (you may have noticed how there's always piles of cookies in the windows, even after closing. This seems to be because they just get left there, so cookies also = stale), pastry (greasy - I think it could be better if you didn't opt to have it heated, in a microwave, which doesn't really work). To be fair, I avoid it now, so perhaps I just got bad days, but it seems overly priced for stuff that's likely to be nasty.

ReputationRep:
    agreed- microwaved pastries never come out good, and now that you mention it, i have noticed the cookies are left out. The pecan pie i had was awesome, though.

ReputationRep:
    One more question: do you think I should tell employers I'm looking for a graduate job so might only be there a few months, or keep quiet and hand my notice in when I get one?

Only varsity match that matters today!

ReputationRep:
    You're a dancer?

And in answer to everyone above - yeah I'm fine, just a bit battered and bruised but nothing broken, and my bike is now back in one piece!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by twistme)
    One more question: do you think I should tell employers I'm looking for a graduate job so might only be there a few months, or keep quiet and hand my notice in when I get one?

Only varsity match that matters today!
    Say you have no fixed plans. Or, as I did last summer, lie and say you'll be back to work for them after a few months travelling/more study or something. I hated the job I got under those terms and so don't plan to go back.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably not going to escape their notice that you either did nothing for the past four years or else got a compsci degree, as such they'll probably expect that you won't be wanting to earn £5.50/hr for too long. Don't tell them that you'll be off at the first opportunity, but if they ask maybe suggest that you're looking to start a graduate program in september or something. Shop/cafe/bar work has a pretty high churn anyway, so i doubt they'll mind, particularly- it's not like they'll be investing much in training you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    You're a dancer?
    No, womens pool - forget the boat race, this is the important one! We won 35-19

ReputationRep:
    I hate the weather! It gets sunny the week I decide I'm locking myself in my room to work...then I can't have the window open as everyone outside congregates on the grass outside my window. Argh. (rant over)
    ...and I'm trying to teach myself A-level biology. There's a reason I never did it....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Water polo Cuppers practise #excited#

ReputationRep:
    I can't have the window open as everyone outside congregates on the grass outside my window.
    water pistols/hose pipes work well.

ReputationRep:
    or if you don't want to be seen as a total twunt, discretely ask the gardener to turn the sprinklers on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    water pistols/hose pipes work well.
    Oooh...could be entertaining! But I don't know how good my chances are against 20-50 people :rolleyes:
    Earplugs appear to be the way forward. Mneh.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I have the delightful sound of someone (obviously a beginner) having a violin lesson coming through my window. This morning I had the (slightly more tuneful) sound of a whole group of playschool kiddies singing wheels on the bus, interspersed with my neighbor screaming down her phone. I thought south Oxford was supposed to be quiet!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hurray for the Wellcome Trust :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Hurray for the Wellcome Trust :party:
    Oooh you got your scholarship for the summer then? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just had a massage. am in a pink cloud. Best idea welfare ever had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Just had a massage. am in a pink cloud. Best idea welfare ever had.
    Yeah our lovely welfare officer got 3 free massages from Neal's Yard and had a raffle for finalists only to try and win them. Sadly I didn't win one, but it was such a great idea! I think I'm going to try and book myself a massage for 7th week when I'm very stressed!

ReputationRep:
    Well we had about 20 slots maybe of 20 mins each to have hands or feet or face or head done. I still feel like I'm walking in a bubble

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.