The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quistis
Why were the Physics vivas so nice? The Medicine project vivas were horrible :frown:

Probably just because ours were only introduced a few days before we started our projects and this year the "vivas" (or meetings with assessors as they're supposedly called) are a trial run. You don't get any marks for what you actually say/do in the "viva" but indirectly they might affect the mark you get for your actual write-up. I think they're trying to bring it into line with the other science subjects where the vivas are important, but they couldn't just introduce it suddenly this year!
Hoofbeat
Probably just because ours were only introduced a few days before we started our projects and this year the "vivas" (or meetings with assessors as they're supposedly called) are a trial run. You don't get any marks for what you actually say/do in the "viva" but indirectly they might affect the mark you get for your actual write-up. I think they're trying to bring it into line with the other science subjects where the vivas are important, but they couldn't just introduce it suddenly this year!

Apparently Hodby was giving a spiel in his about the department wanting to mark them more rigorously and spend more time in assessing them (hence the vivas) because it was felt that in previous years there was not enough focus on the marking considering how much of the year/degree it makes up.
Reply 4382
Yes, of course I can just organise a completely new finalists photo and get the SU to pay the photographers fee because you don't like the photo that you haven't even seen yet, and of course I can do that in 9th week after exams when no one, including you, you twerp, will be there, and it will be easy then for people to view the proof and pay for it and collect it.

Ffs :mad:
I wish I had longer for my viva thing, I was blathering on and on and it felt like the time suddenly ran out.
On a really random note...I love the people who work in EAT...I went in there after 6 hours in the library looking mildly miserable and got a hug from the guy serving me. That has actually made my day seem less abysmal!
Reply 4385
tarnishedpenny
On a really random note...I love the people who work in EAT...I went in there after 6 hours in the library looking mildly miserable and got a hug from the guy serving me. That has actually made my day seem less abysmal!

The new place on Queen Street? Is it any good?
Bumped again. Garr.
sophisti_kate
Bumped again. Garr.

lol for a sec i thought you were bumping the thread!!
cpchem
The new place on Queen Street? Is it any good?

I like it - it's pretty much along the lines of Pret but they do a nice breakfast (porridge...yay!) and very nice soup/sandwiches/salads/drinks...and you can get soup to take away and heat up. I get very excited about places that do nice soup because of the amount of time I spend with tonsilitis...
Reply 4389
The EAT in the Bullring has the friendliest staff in Birmingham :biggrin:
He gave you a hug?! What the... I'd be more bemused than anything.
It was partly the slight feeling of bemusement that banished the evil-workiness feelings...and the confusion...I don't think anyone has ever done that to me before...
Reply 4392
Bah! None of my friends want to go clubbing and I don't know what to do with myself. The urge to go out somewhere is overwhelming (I've just finished my week's work).
Reply 4393
sophisti_kate
Bumped again. Garr.

My blade fell out my gate during the start today.

On the plus side, the men are now head of the river.
I don't think anyone has ever done that to me before...
never hugged as a child- you must have been so lonely...
Is community more natural than solitude?

In a definite sense, we perceive and think completely alone and we are alone in that regard, no matter how many people we have around us. However, since the dawn of humanity (if it ever was a singular event; hang on, dawn isn't really a singular event anyway), humans have lived and interacted as part of a larger society to some extent, whether it be the hunter-gatherer tribes that crossed the lower red sea from Ethiopia onto the Arabian peninsula or the Jonny Facebook and the Miranda Myspace of today.
Teebs
Bah! None of my friends want to go clubbing and I don't know what to do with myself. The urge to go out somewhere is overwhelming (I've just finished my week's work).

Try being the only person in the whole of college to finish finals... Have held off getting battered (other than 1 bottle of champagne) til tonight when my tute partner finishes!!
Reply 4397
Bekaboo

Try being the only person in the whole of college to finish finals... Have held off getting battered (other than 1 bottle of champagne) til tonight when my tute partner finishes!!

Off to see Penny and Ben finish very soon #excited#
Bekaboo

Don't complain too much - just be glad you've finished! Some of us don't finish for another 3weeks....:frown: :mad:
Which means you've got 3 more weeks to revise. 3 weeks from viva to exam was not fun!!

Latest

Trending

Trending