The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4760
Bekaboo
Would somebody please slap me incredibly hard? I have unpacked everything - i.e. hours worth of packing to try and find my gown because it turns out I now need it for photos, and therefore it needs to come to Oxford with me, not stay at home for the parents to bring in 2 weeks. Started with the lifting, then the taking out piles of stuff, then taking everything out... Being positive it must be here because it was ticked off on the list. It's not ticked off on the list. It's not even on the list. So my gown, which was in the box under my bed, is not under my bed, and is not in any of my packed stuff, and is... nowhere. And I need it. And **** **** **** **** ****.

Not exactly a solution to the list problem - but what sort of gown do you need? Could you not borrow one from somewhere?
Well this is where the whole mess starts. I've got SCR photo thing on Monday for which they say academic gowns - except I haven't graduated yet so technically I'm not allowed a BA gown, only a commoners gown, or at a push a scholars gown (since I bloody well should be one) but I don't even know if they're gonna be ok with that. They only just told me - so I was trying to find my commoners gown, which I'm taking back for chapel (Jesus sing in gowns), to take it out of the "stuff parents are bringing in 2 weeks" bags and put it into the 70L rucsac I'm living out of until then. Except... it's not there. So basically I need to find my commoner's gown because I need it, but it'd also be a lot better to have it when I go back otherwise I am without question going to have to rent one - and when my wage minus tax is about 25 quid I'd rather not spend a whole day's wages on this stupid lunch and renting a gown! ARGH! (Stressed much?)
Reply 4762
Boo, don't the chapel have spare gowns you can borrow for this kind of situation? I've borrowed a chapel gown before (and I'm not even a member of Wadham choir...)
Or the porter's lodge. Sometimes there are spare ones at the lodge that someone vomitted on and discarded outside hall.
Well potentially but seeing as I officially stop being a member of the college on the very day I need the gown I might have some difficulty asking hehe! I just don't understand where it's gone: i've looked everywhere :frown:
Hire one?
vapid slut magician
Hire one?

Panic over. Only took me 6 hours to find the thing...
Didn't want to hire one puppy because I need mine for this year anyway, just not for another month, but also because I'm not spending my entire first day's wages on some stupid lunch and bloody gown hire!
Reply 4767
I can't believe that this thread found its way onto the third page... too many stupid questions being posted around the place.
Too many variations on the same 4 or 5 questions....mneh. On a completely unrelated note...I now have college children. I'm very excited...I like writing letters! *bounces up and down excitedly*
Meep - I finally get myself to an internet cafe to check mails and things for the first time in 6 days and have so little to reply to that I spend most of the time doing PSs on TSR :frown:
Reply 4770
My Herald email account lapsed yesterday. Weird feeling - checking my Oxford mail was always the first part of my morning internet routine. Now I'm settled in down in London, though, I suppose I'm starting to get used to the idea that I'm not at Oxford any more.
Agrippina
We went to Shirtworks, I don't know of anywhere else :confused:. I don't think Shirtworks have a great reputation though, they always seem to be pissing everyone off.

The Managing Director of Shirtworks would like the opportunity to discuss any problems which our customers experience while placing orders with us and would encourage direct email correspondance via TSR.
Shirtworks processes over 8,000 orders a year and on the rare occasion when something goes wrong we will endeavour to correct the mistake and provide recompense if required.:smile: :smile: :smile: Thankyou for reading.
By naming the account "Shirtworks Ltd", they're being only slightly more subtle than when they did that "I've used Shirtworks, they were great!" post.
Shirtworks Ltd
The Managing Director of Shirtworks would like the opportunity to discuss any problems which our customers experience while placing orders with us and would encourage direct email correspondance via TSR.
Shirtworks processes over 8,000 orders a year and on the rare occasion when something goes wrong we will endeavour to correct the mistake and provide recompense if required.:smile: :smile: :smile: Thankyou for reading.

Please note that this post was given the ok by admin. Feel free to call it rubbish if your experience tells otherwise. Shirtworks are not being permitted to advertise (please report it if they do) but they are being given the opportunity to address criticism.
In my experience the cost of setting up a screen is prohibitive when wanting to print relatively small volumes of shirts, if they're interested in feedback (£22 per image, if I recall correctly, with no varying cost dependant upon size)
Reply 4775
:ditto:

And now the Dark Blue franchise has gone back to Canterbury, I seem doomed to a life of over-priced university stash. But I suppose I probably have enough now.
Arghhh I will murder the self service login thingy. That is all.
when do we have to do that by? what's the address for it as well? I haven't been sent anything about it this year...
Reply 4778
thomasjtl
when do we have to do that by? what's the address for it as well? I haven't been sent anything about it this year...

https://www.studentsystem.ox.ac.uk/
Reply 4779
I haven't had any info either. Argh, why does it have to be so difficult?

Latest

Trending

Trending