Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    What does he look liike? I met a St Hildas fresher but I didn't ask for some strange reason.
    They've got a photo on their profile. I assume they're the one in the middle.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He came to a trampolining session, and I've been added email addresses to the mailing list - once you know his surname, it's pretty easy to work out who he is TSR wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    They've got a photo on their profile. I assume they're the one in the middle.
    Ah, the one with the suggestively placed bottle of water, no I haven't met him. Ah well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh dear, I have to say I lol'd at that :o:

OUCS are clearly bored today, they answered my emails in record time! And they're always so nice - I don't want to go back in to the real world and deal with the horrible IT/admin staff you seem to get elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    wooo day off, *smirks at those with lectures/essays/work*

ReputationRep:
    The houses where I'm living, Lincoln accommodation on High Street, used to have little worktops with sinks and fridges, that others used to use as kitchens. Downstairs, there's a little alcove, where you can fit a couple of chairs and maybe a coffee table. We dreamed of a future utopia, where we'd turn the downstairs into a bar, and live in it.

When we arrived, they'd locked up the worktops. Health and safety, they said: if something caught on fire, then there might be danger (this is an argument against unlocking anything, ever). There's just a sink, and a fridge. Recorded incidents of sink fires are hard to find, but they still kept them locked. So maybe we could put the bar in the alcove... but no. Because when we arrived, the complex was being renovated, and they'd decided to use our downstairs area to store around eighty sets of old curtains, of varying sizes, colours, and smells, that they'd torn down from other rooms. If you've never seen a decent curtain-pile before you die, do. It stretched about four feet high, and covered the area of an average college bed.

We got a bit pissed off with this a couple of days back - no-one had come to move them - so we moved the pile outside ourselves, and in its place put an armchair and coffee table from my room, and my fridge. This worked great - except the next day the curtains were back, put ON TOP of the coffee table and fridge, with a note from the scouts reading "please leave thease [sic] here".

I think someone must have gone to complain again, so this morning, the curtains are gone. But it seems that scouts' minds work in binary, as also gone are the armchair, the table, and MY ******* FRIDGE. Yeah, because it's a two-way choice - either you live with no possessions, or a four-bleedin'-foot high pile of curtains. This being after 11am, the scouts have all gone home. It being Friday, they'll be gone for the weekend. I'm down a fridge and my dreams.

In short, college bureaucrats are morons, and I can't find names for scouts that I wouldn't get rusticated for. I reckon they're actually pure, concentrated evil. I got up at 7 this morning, and looked in the bathroom mirror. I looked away, looked back, and there was a scout in front of it. They're like the statues in Blink, except if they go near you, they'll just send your living standards back to the 1500s. Until you're dead. "[/rant]"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    I walked by 2 + 2 = 5 on the union stairs yesterday. I'm slowly stalking up tsr...
    I'm vaguely intrigued as to how you met a Hilda's language boy?
    Was he hot? Cos I've had zero luck with men since I got here and I'm getting kind of desperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I got up at 7 this morning
    Story entirely plausible until this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    Was he hot? Cos I've had zero luck with men since I got here and I'm getting kind of desperate.
    Christ, of course he isn't. That's why he was at the Union. Otherwise I'd be at home having "sex" with these "chicks" I keep hearing about.

(Original post by Feefifofum)
    Story entirely plausible until this point.
    It was more of a "what? Why am I still dressed?" get-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Christ, of course he isn't. That's why he was at the Union. Otherwise I'd be at home having "sex" with these "chicks" I keep hearing about.
    The hot/union thing did cross my mind to be honest. I figured only weird, paloured freak-creatures went to the union but I wanted to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    The houses where I'm living, Lincoln accommodation on High Street, used to have little worktops with sinks and fridges, that others used to use as kitchens. Downstairs, there's a little alcove, where you can fit a couple of chairs and maybe a coffee table. We dreamed of a future utopia, where we'd turn the downstairs into a bar, and live in it.

When we arrived, they'd locked up the worktops. Health and safety, they said: if something caught on fire, then there might be danger (this is an argument against unlocking anything, ever). There's just a sink, and a fridge. Recorded incidents of sink fires are hard to find, but they still kept them locked. So maybe we could put the bar in the alcove... but no. Because when we arrived, the complex was being renovated, and they'd decided to use our downstairs area to store around eighty sets of old curtains, of varying sizes, colours, and smells, that they'd torn down from other rooms. If you've never seen a decent curtain-pile before you die, do. It stretched about four feet high, and covered the area of an average college bed.

We got a bit pissed off with this a couple of days back - no-one had come to move them - so we moved the pile outside ourselves, and in its place put an armchair and coffee table from my room, and my fridge. This worked great - except the next day the curtains were back, put ON TOP of the coffee table and fridge, with a note from the scouts reading "please leave thease [sic] here".

I think someone must have gone to complain again, so this morning, the curtains are gone. But it seems that scouts' minds work in binary, as also gone are the armchair, the table, and MY ******* FRIDGE. Yeah, because it's a two-way choice - either you live with no possessions, or a four-bleedin'-foot high pile of curtains. This being after 11am, the scouts have all gone home. It being Friday, they'll be gone for the weekend. I'm down a fridge and my dreams.

In short, college bureaucrats are morons, and I can't find names for scouts that I wouldn't get rusticated for. I reckon they're actually pure, concentrated evil. I got up at 7 this morning, and looked in the bathroom mirror. I looked away, looked back, and there was a scout in front of it. They're like the statues in Blink, except if they go near you, they'll just send your living standards back to the 1500s. Until you're dead. "[/rant]"
    more interesting than your actual journalism tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol_wut)
    more interesting than your actual journalism tbh
    Agree?

Clever point, well made.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes, I've finally finished my write up of the summer. Padded with images, because I should probably have written another 400 words.

Only two essays to do in the next two days now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Yes, I've finally finished my write up of the summer. Padded with images, because I should probably have written another 400 words.

Only two essays to do in the next two days now...
    I'm still having trouble with mine - the introduction is a nightmare. There's a fantastic review article that covers all of the points I need to make. I'm considering just citing the entire thing as my intro...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just gave an overview of what the project does as a whole, and then my little part of it, as an intro. Seemed a natural way in.

ReputationRep:
    Why did I just feel the need to go to Tesco in this bloody awful weather? I now resemble a drowned rat.

ReputationRep:
    Do anyone's tutors still use alpha/beta etc marking? I just got a Beta ++ on a collection and have no idea what that relates to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Why did I just feel the need to go to Tesco in this bloody awful weather? I now resemble a drowned rat.
    I had to do a library crawl, it wasn't much fun.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Do anyone's tutors still use alpha/beta etc marking? I just got a Beta ++ on a collection and have no idea what that relates to...

Isn't the top end of 2.i, but not 2.i/1st borderline?

Greek Letter

Alpha 90 and above First
    alpha minus 80-89 First
    alpha double minus75-79 First
    alpha beta 70-74 First
    beta alpha 67-69 Borderline First
    beta double plus 64-66 Second (High)
    beta plus 60-63 Second (Reasonable)
    Beta 57-59 Second
    beta minus 54-56 Second
    beta double minus52-53 Second (Poor)
    beta gamma 50-51 Borderline Second
    gamma beta 47-49 Third
    gamma double plus 45-46 Third
    gamma plus 42-44 Third
    Gamma 40-41 Borderline Third/
    gamma minus 35-39 Pass
    gamma double minus 30-34 Pass
    Delta 25-29 Fail

From a Geography tutor, but I assume it's universal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

Isn't the top end of 2.i, but not 2.i/1st borderline?

Greek Letter

Alpha 90 and above First
    alpha minus 80-89 First
    alpha double minus75-79 First
    alpha beta 70-74 First
    beta alpha 67-69 Borderline First
    beta double plus 64-66 Second (High)
    beta plus 60-63 Second (Reasonable)
    Beta 57-59 Second
    beta minus 54-56 Second
    beta double minus52-53 Second (Poor)
    beta gamma 50-51 Borderline Second
    gamma beta 47-49 Third
    gamma double plus 45-46 Third
    gamma plus 42-44 Third
    Gamma 40-41 Borderline Third/
    gamma minus 35-39 Pass
    gamma double minus 30-34 Pass
    Delta 25-29 Fail

From a Geography tutor, but I assume it's universal.
    Ah brilliant, thanks! I had a feeling it was around there.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.