Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ah see I have nothing to go back home for because my friends aren't in even the same county as my parents - my rents moved during my a-level year and obv when i came up here i had to move back in with them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Howzabout u?
    Im ok

As I said, the terms gone far too fast, it's starting to get scary! But yeah, it's generally all good, it's been a pretty good term I have to say, even with all the internship and housing nonsense (which I still need to sort out )

ReputationRep:
    Oh meh dont talk to me about after oxford - i'm still panicking about my final project!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh meh dont talk to me about after oxford - i'm still panicking about my final project!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah see I have nothing to go back home for because my friends aren't in even the same county as my parents - my rents moved during my a-level year and obv when i came up here i had to move back in with them!
    Ahh I see. My parents have never moved, it's just that I have far better friends (or certainly friedns who live closer) here than I do at home. Home is just boring and there's never anything to do or anyone my own age to talk to. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Trust me it's worse when your parents live in a tiny village with no under-21 population apart from yourself

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were a 2nd year. Surely you have another year til your project? Besides, Im not talking about "after" Oxford as such. I'll still be here next year but have to live out. Hence I need to find a house

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year - but when you're a biologist and have to do field work you have to be doing your writeup by micaelmas so you have to be planned by hilary at the v latest!

ReputationRep:
    (NB Bio is a 3 year course)

ReputationRep:
    I am a second year - but when you're a biologist and have to do field work you have to be doing your writeup by micaelmas so you have to be planned by hilary at the v latest!
    ouch... sounds nasty. I don't need to sort out my project until the start of next year, though I do need to choose some major options at some point.

and yeah I know it's 3 years :cool: - Im extremely glad mine is 4! Give me a whole extra year to enjoy uni before the big scary world.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh no options. I know I'm doing plants. Hell that means 2 weeks in portugal!! but... well environment dovetails better with PB but AB is more interesting, but it also involves neurobiology with the worst lecturer I've ever had,....

ReputationRep:
    Urgh no options. I know I'm doing plants. Hell that means 2 weeks in portugal!! but... well environment dovetails better with PB but AB is more interesting, but it also involves neurobiology with the worst lecturer I've ever had,....
    whats wrong with 2 weeks in portugal exactly?

I think I'll probably do Atomic and laser physics and Condensed matter physics as my options, but not fully decided yet. Anyhow I should be off. 9am lectures await me in the morning... wooo! :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    No it was like hell yeh!! Try and stop me! I agree - my bed calls me - it looks comfortable... just a bit empty... but there's a killer whale so who cares?!

ReputationRep:
    No it was like hell yeh!! Try and stop me! I agree - my bed calls me - it looks comfortable... just a bit empty... but there's a killer whale so who cares?!
    oh right Yeah I wouldnt object to it either :cool:

Mine's empty too... such is life. The easiest way to solve that is for you to get in your bed, then it won't be empty night! :hello: :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    I'm here! I'm always here, in any way you need me.

I never, ever *ever* let down a friend in need. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    I'm here! I'm always here, in any way you need me.

I never, ever *ever* let down a friend in need. *hug*
    or a woman in distress a potential state of undress? ^o)

ReputationRep:
    And yes I think Sam would probably oblige if I asked... was tempted to phone and see if i could stay at teddy hall rather than trek back up the WS Rd but i somehow cant invisage a scenario in which he wouldnt miss interpret that
    Or interpret it in the proper I'm-drunk-thus-have-no-inhibitions-and-a-good-excuse-in-the-morning way.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with been ravaged whilst drunk- as i tell my criminal law tutor (who wants to make it illegal to have sex whilst drunk) it'd make it impossible for most of the country to have sex if it was...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but why would you sleep with a drunk person if you're sober? I mean I can;t say I have much experience but bearing in mind how being drunk effects peoples kissing i'm guessing that after a certain point it just makes people rubbish in bed.... although i spose there is some middle ground where you're sober enough to be good but drunk enough to have no inhibitions and just be a bit... animal

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but why would you sleep with a drunk person if you're sober? I mean I can;t say I have much experience but bearing in mind how being drunk effects peoples kissing i'm guessing that after a certain point it just makes people rubbish in bed.... although i spose there is some middle ground where you're sober enough to be good but drunk enough to have no inhibitions and just be a bit... animal
    I'm sure I heard somewhere that men are a lot worse in bed when they're drunk! I however, don't speak from experience!

Stu, you said you're doing Atomic/Lasers next year.....do you mean the Quantum computing and lasers option? There's no atomic option as such :confused: At the moment I'm not sure what to do. Probably do the Atmos Option (tho depends how much I enjoy next term) and then considering either CMP or Biological (am going to go along to short option lectures on that and see if I enjoy them). I know I'm not doing Lasers/Particle/Theoretical so my only other option would be Astro, but I don't like relativity!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.