Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

Wilkommen - although I should warn you, this is the current students' thread, so we may moan quite vocally about applicants as interviews get closer...
    and ex-students :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    and ex-students :puppyeyes:
    :puppyeyes: I don't feel too much of a fraud as I'm still in Oxford and my bf is a student, but I guess I should leave it to the young'uns at some point :puppyeyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You know I only meant that this is the thread for people who've actually been to university :p:

ReputationRep:
    You know I only meant that this is the thread for people who've actually been to university :p:
    Yeah right, just try to oust the old farts... I know your game missy :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    what happens if stu or twistme (sorry, don't actually know your real name) decide to they wanna do dphils in the future? Then they'd be both former students and applicants at the same time. Could they still post then?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How do you manage to get through an Oxford interview if you can't do something as simple as pay for a photograph before a deadline? ******* hell! I currently hate a sizeable minority of the freshers.

ReputationRep:
    A Campaign spokesman said the ban might stop people confusing the Latin abbreviation e.g. with the word "egg".
    One of those news paper quotes that just makes you want to die a little inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    One of those news paper quotes that just makes you want to die a little inside.
    :confused: Addition to that (which deserves an emoticon far more furious than :mad:), they're banning the use of "vice versa" and "via" in council stuff?? These are part of the everyday english language.

ReputationRep:
    etc. seemed the most ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    ahh sorry for posting in the wrong place :P

*feels like a noob*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really shouldn't snigger when I read phrases like 'social grooming'...

ReputationRep:
    I currently :heart: the JR! They saw me *early* for my trauma appt today...okay I was still there for 3 hours seeing various people but it's the principle of the thing. Woo! But 3 more weeks on crutches stupid redislocation....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have too much work. I'm currently crying because of it. Stupid university

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

Oxford sucks....I almost cried on my tutor earlier when he asked if I was okay. Hope it gets better....

ReputationRep:
    :console:

(for tarnishedpenny too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I currently :heart: the JR! They saw me *early* for my trauma appt today...okay I was still there for 3 hours seeing various people but it's the principle of the thing. Woo! But 3 more weeks on crutches stupid redislocation....
    i have a trauma app on 18th to have the wires ripped out my arm... not looking forward to that

ReputationRep:
    Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Ouch.
    dont worry, im going to turn up smacked off my tits on ativan and codeine. then we'll see who can string together sentences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    dont worry, im going to turn up smacked off my tits on ativan and codeine. then we'll see who can string together sentences.
    a) Ouch
    and....
    b) Ativan? Codeine is great but I've been given it so often it no longer works brilliantly...
    c) At least the people in the trauma department are nice...even if they do inflict large amounts of pain on you.

ReputationRep:
    in house when people seize or something, they give IV ativan to chill them out. it's a benzodiazepine that could totally take valium in a fight.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.