Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    are you helping out with interviews then?
    As always, yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I feel your pain. I'm doing an essay (half the reading done) for Monday 5pm; got a class 1-4pm Monday; got another essay (again, reading half done) for Wednesday 1pm; then the same procedure next Monday, except instead of a class it's a presentation on my dissertation, which I've read for but not written any of yet. I also need to phone Cambridge about some graduate stuff, actually submit my application form, visit a supervisor in Leicester, go to Queerbop... You know it's bad when actually sitting down and working out what you have to do makes you feel worse than just blindly doing it.
    Ouch, at least all of my potential supervisors are (necessarily) in Oxford.

Argh... I also have a flat Oxmas dinner to plan/buy/cook for in seventh.

I also need to phone Cambridge about some graduate stuff
    Traitor!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    Wetherspoon's is doing very well on the guest ales, in my opinion. Not many ciders admittedly. Hardly anywhere does do Old Rosie (Turf, ...?)
    (Original post by Alive)
    I've never seen it anywhere apart from the Turf. I've actually never seen it outside of Oxford, does anyone know if it is from a local brewing company or anything?
    The Cape does it too (It's right across from work so we're always there on a Friday).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Traitor!!
    I can't be responsible for the fact that no labs in Oxford want me...

ReputationRep:
    I can't be responsible for the fact that no labs in Oxford want me...
    Really? Not even the one you were in over the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    As always, yep.
    When are interviews this year? (date-wise)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    When are interviews this year? (date-wise)
    I think they're the 8th to the 17th...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Really? Not even the one you were in over the summer?

They are about to run out of funding, and their last grant app was rejected, and they want know if the next application is successful until March. The other lab in Oxford is too new - they need post-docs, and don't have the funding for post-grads. Which leaves two labs in Tabland and one in Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I think they're the 8th to the 17th...
    Muahaha I can go and bully the interview candidates when I'm visiting on the 13th :evil:

ReputationRep:
    At BUCS 5,4 & 3, shorties are fine (possibly also at 2); we do have long sleeved leotards, but the only club spares are no longer fit to be worn, so anyone who needs a leotard will have to buy one this year... you can use a Cambridge leotard if you want though, or borrow a long-sleeved off the gymnasts if they have spares (their design is like ours, but without the diamantés...)
    oh ok ill probably just buy one, i love leotards. And ill struggle to compete bucs 4 anyway so i fall well within the shorties category! we had club leos at cambridge so i never owned one anyway, the only club stash i had got hacked to bits by the paramedics when i broke my wrist.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else go to Cardinals last night?
    Yup, was a good 'un! Quite the experience, though I doubt I ended up drinking £13 of alcohol... had Classics In House discussion before hand and got generously force-fed a fair amount of wine by some quite insistent tutors

But Oxford is turning into a crash course in time management, which I am failing spectacularly at the moment. Plus I cannot actually do any of my work I want the xmas holidays to come soon!! AARRGGHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Q.E.D)
    Yup, was a good 'un! Quite the experience, though I doubt I ended up drinking £13 of alcohol... had Classics In House discussion before hand and got generously force-fed a fair amount of wine by some quite insistent tutors

But Oxford is turning into a crash course in time management, which I am failing spectacularly at the moment. Plus I cannot actually do any of my work I want the xmas holidays to come soon!! AARRGGHHH
    want to trade? ill have the work and you can have the broken wrist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    want to trade? ill have the work and you can have the broken wrist
    I'll trade....I never minded breaking my wrist/otherwise being unable to use it for 10 months. My knee + work don't really want to co-exist though. Urgh. Curse you evil leaf mush *shakes fist violently*

I'm off to play with chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I'll trade....I never minded breaking my wrist/otherwise being unable to use it for 10 months. My knee + work don't really want to co-exist though. Urgh. Curse you evil leaf mush *shakes fist violently*

well i cant work and im unlikely to get the feeling back in my hand for a year. wooo.

ReputationRep:

Play with Chemistry? You John's people are weird.

Speaking of which, I heard that your third years had five tutes last week. Insane.

ReputationRep:
    Play with Chemistry? You John's people are weird.

Speaking of which, I heard that your third years had five tutes last week. Insane.
    They did...not entirely sure how that one worked out....I'm quite pleased I didn't have that. 4 was quite enough. I'm playing with chemistry in the same sense that I was off to play in the RSL earlier (ie necessary evil that must be endured). It's all good, clean fun. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    They did...not entirely sure how that one worked out....I'm quite pleased I didn't have that. 4 was quite enough. I'm playing with chemistry in the same sense that I was off to play in the RSL earlier (ie necessary evil that must be endured). It's all good, clean fun. Obviously.
    I think one tute a week is sometimes too much. Do your lot drag lecture courses out over several tutes? I just don't know how they manage to fill so many hours!

ReputationRep:
    Yipes scientists have a hard life!!! I am doing quite ok with two tutes and two classes a week- can't imagine having 5!!!!!
    But on a positive not, I think I understand my essay title now, and I love greek participles!!

1.5 tutes per week. Tute takes around 10 hours.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.