Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be....it's true! And he's still moaning to me about his knee...ah well! In that case enjoy the afternoon off! I'm trying to persuade myself that reading a spectroscopy primer is a Good Thing. It's not working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    It wouldn't be....it's true! And he's still moaning to me about his knee...ah well! In that case enjoy the afternoon off! I'm trying to persuade myself that reading a spectroscopy primer is a Good Thing. It's not working.
    Organic spectroscopy, or physical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Organic spectroscopy, or physical?
    Organic. It just doesn't look fun...should be better than whatever inorganic I have to do though.

You finishing physical for good soon CP?

ReputationRep:
    Organic is almost always better than inorganic... although I don't mind organometallics...

As far as physchem is concerned, I won't be taking the options, so all I have left is the last three lectures on Soft Condensed Matter, four on Photochemistry, and Reaction Dynamics (next term).
    In total - thirteen lectures, three tutes and revision. Well, and the IB paper (argh!)

Not bad end in sight.

ReputationRep:
    Except that, strangely, third year physical is making more sense to me than second year ever did. I reckon it's easier.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You guys need the equivalent of the Physics thread that Stu, Hoofbeat and Worzo had going :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    You guys need the equivalent of the Physics thread that Stu, Hoofbeat and Worzo had going :p:
    But then you'd all miss out on DP-based innuendo... and you wouldn't want that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hmm that club was pretty good, whatever it was called. probably should have drank more, though. Athene, how comes you left so early?

ReputationRep:
    I would like to shamelessly plug "The Academy", the show I'm in, as it is genuinely good and fun. Please go: OFS 7.30.

http://www.dailyinfo.co.uk/reviews/f...-_The_Musical/
    http://www.whatsonstage.com/blogs/central/?p=149
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    hmm that club was pretty good, whatever it was called. probably should have drank more, though. Athene, how comes you left so early?

Because I need to read for an essay, fill in two post-grad apps and help set up Queer Bop today, and even going to bed at eleven I only woke up 20 mins ago. Regretting it slightly though, as I think there may have been gossip...

ReputationRep:
    I've come across tutors recommending their own books and articles before. But my tutor this morning directed me towards an article published by a former pupil of his - published while he was at the same stage I am at now. Grr at my own stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I've done no work since last Thursday. Went to a seminar yesterday with nothing, and spent an hour writing

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY

I am slowly resigning myself to not getting my money's worth.

ReputationRep:

Because I need to read for an essay, fill in two post-grad apps and help set up Queer Bop today, and even going to bed at eleven I only woke up 20 mins ago. Regretting it slightly though, as I think there may have been gossip...
    if by gossip you mean three girls shamelessly try to bang the same decidedly average guy... then yeah. was pretty embarrassing. needless to say i didn't stay long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    an article published by a former pupil of his - published while he was at the same stage I am at now. Grr at my own stupidity.
    yeah thats about the point you look for ligatures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huw Davies)
    I would like to shamelessly plug "The Academy", the show I'm in, as it is genuinely good and fun. Please go: OFS 7.30.

http://www.dailyinfo.co.uk/reviews/f...-_The_Musical/
    http://www.whatsonstage.com/blogs/central/?p=149
    Ooh I am going to that tonight, RT is a friend of mine... really looking forward to it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's going to snow tomorrow and be -2C.

At Queer Bop.

And I can't drink because I'm manning the bar.

A warm costume is required, I think...

ReputationRep:

At Queer Bop.

It's been blizzard-like here this morning, but it hasn't settled and seems to have brightened up. -6 tomorrow though! :eek:

ReputationRep:

At Queer Bop.

Venus in furs!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.