The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Athena
Controlled chaos, maybe :p:

At the moment I can gloat, but I'm going to have so much work to do when I go back to the office at the end of this course. :frown:
F1 fanatic

Spoiler

:h: :aetsch:

:sad: The snow's so pretty!
Reply 5362
I've done over half my essay - I can justify watching an episode of Merlin, right?
Yep :yes: I watched last night's episode this morning :^_^:
Reply 5364
Athena
I've done over half my essay - I can justify watching an episode of Merlin, right?

Yes!
Pleased the significant other & I aren't the only people who enjoy it... although they've done some odd things with some of the well known characters/myths! :p:

Any idea how long the series is?
Reply 5365
Elles
Yes!
Pleased the significant other & I aren't the only people who enjoy it... although they've done some odd things with some of the well known characters/myths! :p:

Any idea how long the series is?

13 episodes, I think. And yes, I keep watching it and thinking "now that's just odd!" Although not as odd as what they're threatening to do with Robin Hood (and already have done).
Things are officially bad :p:
I'm sitting on my bed eating clearance garlic bread for supper (79p from Sainsburys...woo!) whilst trying to do my physical/inorganic and contemplating the pros and cons of making myself dopey on painkillers before finishing my work. And listening to a VERY bad audiobook to make myself concentrate. Only I'm on TSR instead. Oops. And I'm very happy it didn't snow!
Reply 5367
I'm in a pit of pericyclic hell. I've finally found a part of organic chemistry I don't like.
cpchem
I'm in a pit of pericyclic hell. I've finally found a part of organic chemistry I don't like.

It's taken you over two years?!?! :eek: I think it took me a term! :p:
Statistical thermodynamics is the area of physical I'm most averse to...urgh. Why do we have to have 3 tutes on it....why.....
Reply 5369
You've started stat mech already? It's a bit early in the year for that sort of rubbish. I think we just did quantum and liquids/solutions in Michaelmas.
We've done quantum and this...I've read one of the books twice and I'm still lost. I'm sure I'll get over it...I think I'd have preferred liquids/solutions...
Reply 5371
But still... three tutes? I think our tutors would go crazy if they had to see that much of us.
It's blatantly because we're just awesome people :p: they just can't see us enough!
I officially can't do this...stupid isotopes. And equilibrium constants. Argh. And more argh. I used to love physical....
Reply 5373
Nuclear spin statistics?
Nothing involving Raman spectroscopy etc....to be honest I have very little idea...it's stuff like eqm constants for different isotopes of Cl when they combine from their respective separate molecules and ratios with deuterium/hydrogen in different reactions...I think I need more books than I have :frown:
Reply 5375
Do you have the lecture notes? They might help.
Nope....and I can't find them on the internet. It says Logan normally does it which could explain why. Most people seem to be struggling so I guess it isn't the end of the world...just very annoying.
Reply 5377
Yep... Logan has a set of handwritten notes which have been around since the beginning of time... much like his quantum ones.

That said, Logan is awesome, so I'm willing to forgive him.

Can you not steal them from your third years?
He is awesome...so he can be forgiven...the issue with stealing notes is that it ormally involves walking which I'm not too happy about as it's still quite slippy and I've already killed my knee once today...might see if I can guilt trip someone into bringing them to me :p:
Reply 5379
Just finished an essay and a presentation for tomorrow. Tomorrow, I take myself off to the RSL to start my next two essays for Sunday and Wednesday next week, so I can have two days at home and visit a lab in Leicester.

Latest

Trending

Trending