Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    HAH, Maher/Quinn/Lean fined ALL their advertising. Every single poster to come down. Bit late, but thank god someone's finally doing something about their cheating.
    And... hang on. What?

ReputationRep:
    I am rather unamused by the queen visiting my college. Various restrictions on where I can go and things. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Jonathan, you're in trouble now...
    crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    crap.
    Can you actually get fined by OUSU? I'd love to get fined by OUSU. That's just an invitation to a giant "**** off", isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Can you actually get fined by OUSU? I'd love to get fined by OUSU. That's just an invitation to a giant "**** off", isn't it?
    That's what you think, but you won't be laughing so much when you see where all that OUSU money has really been going. The black suited, kevlar armoured enforcers are probably on their way to your room now, ready to drag you out and execute you for electoral violations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably not)
    why were you in at half twelve?
    because all the trampolinists went home and i didnt fancy my chances finding drunken gymnasts in park end when i know no one else who was likely to be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    And... hang on. What?
    £130 per candidate. Their slate has spent over a thousand, photocopied posters and ordered posters from shops other than the official shop, the have hoodies from another shop unsanctioned by the RO... half their campaign hasn't been within regulations.

ReputationRep:
    £130 per candidate. Their slate has spent over a thousand, photocopied posters and ordered posters from shops other than the official shop, the have hoodies from another shop unsanctioned by the RO... half their campaign hasn't been within regulations.
    Interesting. I'm off to run off half a million "Support Stefan" posters to leave in Bonn Square.

Are you involved with any campaign, btw?

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it. Now Baskerville's been fined all his, too? Why are none of the news sources reporting this? The RO's going mental, I hear. Carnage!

Yeah strange how that hasnt been reported.

ReputationRep:
    Their slate has spent over a thousand...
    How sure are you of this? Given Maher's slate agents are a bunch of lawyers, I reckon you're treading very dangerous ground. I hear they've even got a magic circle law firm to do pro bono work and represent them after every other campaign decided to team up against them yesterday and make complaints.

Given that Baskerville's campaign has harassed members of Maher's campaign, spread lies about his policies, and been as flippant with the rules as Maher, I don't know what the fuss is all about.

Maher's slate also seem to be promoting all 3 candidates equally unlike Baskerville's literal "support Stefan" slate (given he'd have no chance on his own) campaign. Still not seen a poster other than his even though his slate makes up over 10 people.

I'm not involved in any campaign but I wish I had got involved to help Maher out. If he loses it'll be a travesty.

ReputationRep:
    Frankly I have just seen far too much of Stefan Baskerville's face over the last two days. If I ever meet him, I'm going to punch him in the nose simply on principle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj_deity)
    Frankly I have just seen far too much of Stefan Baskerville's face over the last two days. If I ever meet him, I'm going to punch him in the nose simply on principle.
    I've had one of his minions knocking at my door. I just lied and said I'd voted for him to get rid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    I've had one of his minions knocking at my door. I just lied and said I'd voted for him to get rid.
    You should have released your own minions on him. Just post something on here saying "a free Oxford offer for the person who brings me person x's head on a plate." Guaranteed to work.

ReputationRep:
    yawn... are we still talking about this?

ReputationRep:
    i think the voting's finished so it shouldn't be much longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefb)
    How sure are you of this? Given Maher's slate agents are a bunch of lawyers, I reckon you're treading very dangerous ground.
    Why dangerous ground? I'm hardly making an official complaint, just reporting what somebody else told me. My information comes from a tenuous source admittedly - an overheard in the pub source, but the person overheard really ought to have known what they were talking about.
    I hear they've even got a magic circle law firm to do pro bono work and represent them after every other campaign decided to team up against them yesterday and make complaints.
    Please say you're joking?

ReputationRep:
    Please say you're joking?
    i find it really very implausible that a magic circle law firm would be defending a student union campaign pro bono. When they do pro bono work it tends to be for worthy causes.

I hope Baskerville loses but its looking likely.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.