Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    surely at interviews they give you all the food you could possibly want?

less convinced by the clothing issue
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cpchem)
    What about interviews?
    (Original post by probably not)
    surely at interviews they give you all the food you could possibly want?

less convinced by the clothing issue

I have enough clean clothes (just about) to get me through, or clothes that will just need a rinse in hot water in my sink. And I'm this week I have dinner every night in college, and then as a host next week all my meals in college with jittery interviewees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

I have enough clean clothes (just about) to get me through, or clothes that will just need a rinse in hot water in my sink. And I'm this week I have dinner every night in college, and then as a host next week all my meals in college with jittery interviewees.
    Ah, Balliol feeds us less during interviews...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think I just laughed more at the Tingewick pantomime that I have the rest of the term put together. Everyone was excellent, and it was opening night! I can't wait to see my friends in it next year

Oh, and Huw looks very fetching in a pair of tights.

ReputationRep:
    Last essay of the term...finished
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I haven't even started my last essay of term. But it's due in in 9th week, so I'm trying not to hate everyone who's already finished...

ReputationRep:
    Well I have two tutes and two maths classes left before the end of term, so I really haven't finished :p:

ReputationRep:
    Three lectures, one tute and Master's Handshaking. Then I'm done.

That said, I have got a criminal amount of vac work...

ReputationRep:
    I think I just laughed more at the Tingewick pantomime that I have the rest of the term put together. Everyone was excellent, and it was opening night! I can't wait to see my friends in it next year

Oh, and Huw looks very fetching in a pair of tights.
    I would have gone if my bf was actually going to be on stage, but he hid backstage doing technical stuff. Glad for him it went well though!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Elles)
    Worth going to then?

The main title doesn't do much for me this year - where's the medical pun or wit?!
    It had quite a few sub-titles. It was definitely worth it! It was a little shaky at first (Darth Vader's breathing stole the entire first scene!), but everyone got into it really quickly, and the puns improved a lot I felt I was missing out on a lot of the jokes by not being a medic (eg. the scene about Tim Lancaster and his cronies as med students went over my head rather) but there was plenty for the non-medic to enjoy. The medics have so much talent!

ReputationRep:
    It had quite a few sub-titles. It was definitely worth it! It was a little shaky at first (Darth Vader's breathing stole the entire first scene!), but everyone got into it really quickly, and the puns improved a lot I felt I was missing out on a lot of the jokes by not being a medic (eg. the scene about Tim Lancaster and his cronies as med students went over my head rather) but there was plenty for the non-medic to enjoy. The medics have so much talent!
    Yeah, the many subtitles is a running joke. I like 'Geriatric Park - the Lost Ward' much much more than the main one!
    Even being a 4th year medic you don't get all the jokes, lots of the faculty you meet in 5th year - but then when you do it's hilarious. Because the Firm have done a really good job of picking and practising with people to parody them.
    I was a talented, ahem, dancer in my year.

I hope you donated some money! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've done my last essay, and had my reports; so just one MILC class, a tute and dean's collections to survive, and then I'm home free... YAY :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've got to read and write an essay on Bangladeshi politics and development aid by 3pm tomorrow. Everything I know about Bangladeshi politics currently comes from one chapter of one book. None of the sources I have is less than 15 years old. *sigh*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Elles)
    Yeah, the many subtitles is a running joke. I like 'Geriatric Park - the Lost Ward' much much more than the main one!
    Even being a 4th year medic you don't get all the jokes, lots of the faculty you meet in 5th year - but then when you do it's hilarious. Because the Firm have done a really good job of picking and practising with people to parody them.
    I was a talented, ahem, dancer in my year.

I hope you donated some money! :p:
    All the change in my purse

ReputationRep:
    I always find christmas carols so dodgy:
    Saints before the alter bending
    Watching long in hope and fear
    And:
    Offspring of a Virgin's womb
    Veiled in flesh the Godhead see
    Hail the incarnate Deity
    I can never decide if you are supposed to get rather unwanted, vivid images of Jesus' head poking out of Mary.

And my favourite:
    Myrrh is mine,
    its bitter perfume breathes
    a life of gathering gloom.
    Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying,
    sealed in the stone cold tomb.
    [you must sing the first three lines a la funeral march, and then whizzily chant out the rest]

I've been to the carol concert and this is my excuse the above.

ReputationRep:
    grargh oxcort isn't working again. last tute of term tomorrow though, it's exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Last tutorial today and I'm done

Free breakfasts at ChCh starting from next term if you're on the £1.90 a day dinner plan. Almost makes up for the food quality :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ixivxivi - do you want an explanation or are you just making jokes? Carols are great when their meaning is lost, lol.

ReputationRep:
    All the change in my purse
    The song worked then :yep:

I thought I was even more fetching in the zebra-suit than in the tights.

Post Tingewick curry I have quite a substantial hangover. I wish we had bought bacon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigrrmilk)
    grargh oxcort isn't working again. last tute of term tomorrow though, it's exciting.
    Oh Christ, I don't want to see...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.