Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ^fricken weird. I'd sell alcohol anyway, just to spite such a ridiculous infringement of liberty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    ^fricken weird. I'd sell alcohol anyway, just to spite such a ridiculous infringement of liberty.
    No one forces you to buy the place, it's a basic part of due diligence that you check land you're buying for such clauses.

Who is actually going to take action against you if the original people are dead?

ReputationRep:
    it's more that you wouldn't get a licence granted, surely?

ReputationRep:
    No one forces you to buy the place, it's a basic part of due diligence that you check land you're buying for such clauses.
    I just wouldn't like being told that i couldn't go about my otherwise legal business on my own property; I don't buy the argument that I bought the property minus the right to sell alcohol on it- it's not like some other party holds the right to sell alcohol on my land.

I just wouldn't like being told that i couldn't go about my otherwise legal business on my own property; I don't buy the argument that I bought the property minus the right to sell alcohol on it- it's not like some other party holds the right to sell alcohol on my land.
    If it's "village charter", it'll be the council bye-law, I assume.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's just the same as selling you a book/poem/song/film and saying while it's yours, you don't have the right to reproduce it? Or similar to listed houses that can't be altered even if you own them. It seems perfectly reasonable to add clauses into purchase contracts as long as they're known up front. Something like selling an old castle with an agreement saying you won't knock it down. It will reduce the price it's worth to you, but sometimes people are willing to accept less money to safeguard some principle or something else.

ReputationRep:
    are we really talking about this? I love that someone mentions something and as Oxford students we've got to debate and research it until we get an answer.

I'm changing the conversation to: boobs.

ReputationRep:
    I like boobs.

ReputationRep:
    I like big butts, and I cannot lie.

ReputationRep:
    so do I. it's weird how different boobs feel so different. like some are quite firm and some feel like saggy waterballoons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    so do I. it's weird how different boobs feel so different. like some are quite firm and some feel like saggy waterballoons.
    I think we should set up a scientific experiment for me to test this more extensively :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Tell us more about these "boobs", VSM.

ReputationRep:
    well im always surprised by other people's boobs cos mine are really firm. they feel more like muscle or something. I once got told they felt like 16 yr old boobs (i was proud). so whenever I touch boobs they feel surprisingly 'flabby' compared to my own. just an observation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    well im always surprised by other people's boobs cos mine are really firm. they feel more like muscle or something. I once got told they felt like 16 yr old boobs (i was proud). so whenever I touch boobs they feel surprisingly 'flabby' compared to my own. just an observation.
    I see your plan now, you're just trying to get every male on the Oxford forum (and some of the females) fantasising about your breasts. Well it won't work.

It worked...

ReputationRep:
    Not every man... some of us are moral delinquents and don't like boobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Mongoose)
    Sorry, I was trying to take everyone into account, thought of girls, then got bored of being inclusive and decided to generalise.

ReputationRep:
    Might go find that Daily Mail article and give myself another good look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Mongoose)
    everyone likes boobs. they feel all weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Might go find that Daily Mail article and give myself another good look.
    I look sick in that. There's better stuff in the knickers thread, old photos from back when I was hot.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.