Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    *Hugs*

Of course you can!! We Historians must stick together!!

(Although, of course, it is a shame you aren't a pure Historian, if we're getting back to the idea of superior subjects :p: )

(Jokes)
    I'm a HPol-ist as it were, which means I've got on foot in the History camp, and the other in the PPE camp, which in theory should make me superior to a "pure historian" (are they a race now?) :p: .

But I couldn't give history up, so it made sense to do HPol rather than PPE.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    As a PPEists I could fund you, if I so desired.
    :teeth:

Don't you want to star in the musical, Teebs?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    I'm a HPol-ist as it were, which means I've got on foot in the History camp, and the other in the PPE camp, which in theory should make me superior to a "pure historian" (are they a race now?) :p: .

Welcome to the musical, dahling!

Of course there is a race of pure historians. Like how musicians can be divided up into serious and non-serious musicians... You can guess which category I fall into... :ninja:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by eve_22)
    As a future lawyer (I hope ) I would also love to contribute
    Yay!

You could be the pianist if you like :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Of course there is a race of pure historians.
    Indeed there is, but we're very welcoming to all members of our wonderfully dysfunctional family. :grouphugs:

Not all of us are covert musical prodigies, however. :no: I could make brownies for rehearsals maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

You could be the pianist if you like :cool:
    Great idea! Count me in!

ReputationRep:
    Yay!
    I'm also pretty good at powerpoint presentations and convincing people I know what I'm talking about, so if you need those skills I'm your girl. Oh and I'm quite good at painting flowers and trees so if you need scenery...just don't ask me to paint people/animals or buildings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizB)
    I'm also pretty good at powerpoint presentations and convincing people I know what I'm talking about, so if you need those skills I'm your girl. Oh and I'm quite good at painting flowers and trees so if you need scenery...just don't ask me to paint people/animals or buildings.
    You're in charge of making our funding pitch to Teebs and his shady, Dragon's Den-esque cabal of PPEists, then. I tried, but "More popular than an Ed Wood film, less offensive than Springtime with Hitler" proved unconvincing

ReputationRep:
    :teeth:

Don't you want to star in the musical, Teebs?
    There are lots of things I want:
    A job
    A girlfriend
    A first
    A nap
    Not to have to carry my bags for the term on the train through ****ing engineering works tomorrow

Starring in a muscial is not one of them.

ReputationRep:

A very inbred, odd race. I guess you're an offshoot, rather like a second cousin. :nods: (You're a Hippo! How cool is that?)

And this musical is really taking off, isn't it? So, to keep in with our set painter who can do trees and flowers, we need to set it in a forest or a shrubbery. (*Feels Monty Python moment coming on....*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    A very inbred, odd race. I guess you're an offshoot, rather like a second cousin. :nods: (You're a Hippo! How cool is that?)

And this musical is really taking off, isn't it? So, to keep in with our set painter who can do trees and flowers, we need to set it in a forest or a shrubbery. (*Feels Monty Python moment coming on....*)
    Hippo is cool, I am the hippo of Mansfield College (but where shall they put me, the college is so small, I doubt they could take a hippo).

Yay for historians, we are cool people. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkd)
    You're in charge of making our funding pitch to Teebs and his shady, Dragon's Den-esque cabal of PPEists, then. I tried, but "More popular than an Ed Wood film, less offensive than Springtime with Hitler" proved unconvincing
    Deal. I won a science competion where I had to do a presentation answering the question "Are human-animal chimeras the unacceptable face of science?" My answer was no, that scientists being allowed to do what they want without proper oversight was. I said this to a room full of scientists.......awkward. I think my sheer guts impressed them.

(Original post by HoVis)
    we need to set it in a forest or a shrubbery. (*Feels Monty Python moment coming on....*)
    A pretty one with a path running down the middle of it (I did my GCSE English media coursework on the historical accuracy of Monty python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, specifically the witch scene :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    There are lots of things I want:
    A job
    There's no business like showbusiness! We'll even pay you!*

*payment may or may not be in oranges stolen from breakfast

ReputationRep:
    Hippo is cool, I am the hippo of Mansfield College (but where shall they put me, the college is so small, I doubt they could take a hippo).

Yay for historians, we are cool people. :cool:
    We share sports teams, I'm sure we can share hippo housing. You can graze in the Merton sports ground and moo at us during rowing practice :yep:

I swear hippos dont "moo"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizB)
    A pretty one with a path running down the middle of it (I did my GCSE English media coursework on the historical accuracy of Monty python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, specifically the witch scene :p: )
    Ni! Ni! Ni!

Oh my goodness, what an awesome subject choice... how historically accurate was it?! :p:

(I love the witch scene, on being found to be lighter than a duck: "it's a fair cop" :p: )
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mook)
    Indeed there is, but we're very welcoming to all members of our wonderfully dysfunctional family. :grouphugs:

Not all of us are covert musical prodigies, however. :no: I could make brownies for rehearsals maybe?
    Yay! :hugs:

Being a covert musical prodigy is by no means a necessity. There's singing, acting and dancing, set design, prop making.

I do like brownies though... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    I swear hippos dont "moo"
    If anything they "Rawr" or if you want to be silly they neigh since they are river horses...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LizB)
    Oooh, powerpoints! That would def be required for funding purposes, plus to persuade the Woostarites to let us stage it there instead of doing the traditional summer opera. I got the impression they weren't too keen on my idea of doing 'West Side Story'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Ni! Ni! Ni!

Oh my goodness, what an awesome subject choice... how historically accurate was it?! :p:

(I love the witch scene, on being found to be lighter than a duck: "it's a fair cop" :p: )
    I concluded the costumes were quite good concidering it was set in the middle ages but that there were clear problems...but that it didn't matteras it was a comedy. So basically I concluded by saying that the whole essay was pointless, I still got an A* though.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.