Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pf1)
    I went to Trinity; it's mere light banter.

One of my college friends married someone from Balliol, and another friend had a twin sister at Balliol studying the same course, so, y'know, you might not be all bad. :hugs:
    Aww, yay.

Not an identical twin sister? That could get confusing, but if so they could always swap colleges every now and then without anyone noticing it. :p:

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I'm lost. Is this some sort of secret Balliol-Trinity language?
    I'm not entirely clear on it myself, but if I recall correctly from what I heard at interviews, Balliol used to have a pet tortoise which then 'went missing'; the claim was that Trinity had kidnapped / assassinated it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Aww, yay.

Not an identical twin sister? That could get confusing, but if so they could always swap colleges every now and then without anyone noticing it. :p:

I'm not entirely clear on it myself, but if I recall correctly from what I heard at interviews, Balliol used to have a pet tortoise which then 'went missing'; the claim was that Trinity had kidnapped / assassinated it.
    Eeek. I thought Pembroke and ChCh were the only ones with animal assassination-related rivalries! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    *pokes head in*

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Mansfield has a college rivalry with anyone?

Or are we too nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    *pokes head in*
    I would take it out very quickly if I were you, things are getting scary in here; talk of tortoise homicide and all that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    I would take it out very quickly if I were you, things are getting scary in here; talk of tortoise homicide and all that....
    homicide only refers the killing of humans

it's tortucide where I come from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    homicide only refers the killing of humans

it's tortucide where I come from
    Good point... I knew that, was just checking you were all awake. :ninja:

ReputationRep:

Or are we too nice?
    In Old Timer's day Mansfield wasn't thought of as a College at all. It still isn't, AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old Timer)
    In Old Timer's day Mansfield wasn't thought of as a College at all. It still isn't, AFAIK.
    It is, as of 1995 :p:

I do apologise for picking a college that I liked, rather than basing it on its Norrington score or how old it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Not an identical twin sister? That could get confusing, but if so they could always swap colleges every now and then without anyone noticing it.
    They were identical, yes. Presumably they still are. They were both medics and had particularly unfortunate surnames - they will both now be Dr Shipman.

It's true that a Balliol tortoise went missing but I don't know if Trinity took it (though it did happen during my time there). Edit: I am not implying that I took the tortoise, just that I didn't hear of any of my friends taking the tortoise, so that rumour is unlikely to be true.

Rivalries are usually geographical (Trinity / Balliol; Teddy Hall / Queen's; Christ Church / Pembroke) so if anyone it'll probably be Harris Manchester, but that's a bit like being at war with Switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    'Bout time Switzerland got a reality-check!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm slightly freaked out that Sainsbury's 74p 1kg bag of winter veg is actually all right. I'm such a student for even buying it in the first place...

ReputationRep:
    its veg, what could be wrong with it?

why am i stiff from trampolining? I didn't do anything!

real students just dont eat vegetables
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I should log off when signed in to TSR on the University Network.

Not Athena.

(Original post by Athena)

Not Athena.
    pwned.

Not Athena.
    But someone who knows TSR? Hmm
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Let's hope a change of password helps

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope a change of password helps
    Your mod tools have failed you!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.