Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pf1)
    One of my Physicist friends once got 4% in a collection. He was told he had to get a 2:1 in his 3rd year exams to be allowed on to the 4th year. He missed it by two marks so they kicked him out.

On the other hand, I once turned up to a collection without understanding the first thing about the topic in question. I wrote on the paper: "Hi. I just wanted to write something on the paper to prove I'd turned up, but actually I can't do any of it. Sorry." My tutor called me in the next week and arranged for some additional tutorials and I ended up doing alright in the end. :yep:

You win some, you lose some ...
    I'm guessing Merton or St Johns?

ReputationRep:
    omg I am SOOO bored. this town blows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    Was almost persuaded to stick around Ox for this tonight, but then thought of the possibility that you might mistake me for a teenager...
    well I am overweight and hideous, so good choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    What college was this? That's pretty harsh.
    Trinity. I imagine the collection result was the culmination of a decline in his performance, but still, yeah.

(Original post by vapid slut magician)
    well I am overweight and hideous, so good choice.
    :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    :eyeball:
    i assumed that was what you meant by the not wanting to be mistaken for a teenager thing... cos you didn't want me trying to sleep with you :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He was told he had to get a 2:1 in his 3rd year exams to be allowed on to the 4th year. He missed it by two marks so they kicked him out.
    That's standard policy for anyone, afaik.

ReputationRep:
    Not quite. It's departmental policy that if you don't get a 2:1 in SECOND year then you can't do the four year course. But once you're on it, you're usually on it even if you flunk the third year exams (which are different to the finals that 3 year physicists take).

(Original post by thomasjtl)
    That's standard policy for anyone, afaik.
    No, it's not. Someone I know was on a 2:2 after his 3rd year, but pulled it out of the bag in the 4th year and bumped it up to a 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Not quite. It's departmental policy that if you don't get a 2:1 in SECOND year then you can't do the four year course. But once you're on it, you're usually on it even if you flunk the third year exams (which are different to the finals that 3 year physicists take).
    I think the course at the time didn't have the second year exams, if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pf1)
    I think the course at the time didn't have the second year exams, if I remember correctly.
    :eyeball: How old are you?! :eek: I wasn't disputing what you'd said, just explaining to tjtl that it's not the norm as he thought.

ReputationRep:
    Oxide is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not listen now at www.oxideradio.co.uk?

ReputationRep:
    errr... ok

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously saying that anything's ever made you happier than Oxide Radio?

ReputationRep:
    a big fat ****?

ReputationRep:
    only a big fat **** in every hole could make me happier than oxide radio

let's submit it for every single ospl award

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Oxide is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not listen now at www.oxideradio.co.uk?
    Do you have a show?

A couple of people I know from college are doing a show on Monday at 8pm, they should be a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alive)
    Do you have a show?

A couple of people I know from college are doing a show on Monday at 8pm, they should be a laugh.
    Not this time... I never did work out how to work the buttons.

ReputationRep:
    why is Oxford so boring? I literally have nothing to do.

ReputationRep:
    well what are you actually doing?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.