Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Hertford is really nice. I applied to Merton though, so I wouldn't trust my judgement!
    i really liked the sound of merton tooo but their site said they tended not to take grads for subjects they didnt have fellows in and they didnt have any for mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Sounds slightly naff to me :p:

I'm having an inaugration party :yep:
    I would.... but I'm just finishing reading the last book for an essay that was supposed to be in 7 hours ago. Yep, that's me, organised :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    ooo, it's sounding really tempting!

This is a pretty pointless question but how did you feel about your submitted work? I have one essay that I guess is pretty OK but the second is from last year is a bit :/. It was good at the time but doesn't really feel that fabulous now.
    Hmm don't remember thinking about it too much. But then I have a slap dash approach to life so I'm probably not the person to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    i really liked the sound of merton tooo but their site said they tended not to take grads for subjects they didnt have fellows in and they didnt have any for mine
    See my above post. I think I would have been chucked out of Merton for lack of work LONG ago. Long live Oriel!

ReputationRep:
    OMFG After a huge panic with doing this damn assignment while ill (), it's finally in. It would have been a pretty good 4000 word essay, but cutting it down it seems to have lost some of its pizzaz. Oh well. But anyways, I just checked my pidge to find my mark for our Xmas exam (worth 10%), and I got 100. How the ****?! It was a sillily easy test (the tutor just put it on to make sure we actually worked during the term, rather than just learning it before the final exam), and the topic was close to what I do in my day job, but still, I'm sure I remember missing a small part of a question. But I am loving universities that give easy tests and don't limit marks to 80 :cool:

Though having said all that, I did realise again at the weekend how much I miss Oxford. If only the wanting to be a proper student again was a good enough reason to do a DPhil. And then run for LCP of AIESEC Oxford again.

ReputationRep:
    athena, did you say we were getting trampolining t-shirts? cos i need more t-shirts and i dont wana go out and buy them if people suddenly start ordering stash

omg my stupid groin hurts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Oh noes! How much by?
    (Original post by annoying email)
    House Vodka, House Gin, House Whisky and House Rum all for 75p

The rest of the top shelf spirits are £1

Free soft-drink mixers as always.
    :mad: :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Where the bloody hell is this? Cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Balliol.

(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Where the bloody hell is this? Cheap.
    Still cheaper to drink IPA in spoons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Still cheaper to drink IPA in spoons
    yeah but if you go to spoons you have to try not to kill yourself

ReputationRep:
    spoons on george street is fine. always full of genial old people.

:woo: for 'Spoons in Central Oxford. Is it popular with students?

ReputationRep:
    it's popular with everyone

(by which i mean "i can't really tell, but it's always busy".)

ReputationRep:
    I got a pint of cider for 80p, I was quite happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistme)
    I got a pint of cider for 80p, I was quite happy
    How?!

ReputationRep:
    Spoons' IPA is never there. And if it is, the cheap food isn't on. I've tried about 4 times to get sausage/chips/beans/pint for £4, and it just doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that just super Tuesdays? Though I'm a big fan of Balliol bar.

ReputationRep:
    How?!
    That's what they charged :confused: maybe they got it wrong. It's been so long since I've been in the bar I'm always surprised by anything less than £3, so didn't think to argue

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you got an idiot trainee.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.