Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh how irritating. I'm not a fan of Israel's actions but Oxford is an educational institution not a political organisation so it's ridiculous to demand that they start condemning other countries' foreign policy actions. Perhaps these people should ask their nearest sandwich shop to condemn Israel's actions too before they'll eat from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Oh how irritating. I'm not a fan of Israel's actions but Oxford is an educational institution not a political organisation so it's ridiculous to demand that they start condemning other countries' foreign policy actions. Perhaps these people should ask their nearest sandwich shop to condemn Israel's actions too before they'll eat from there.
    Amen to that.

ReputationRep:
    *****. I hate them all.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's only a sit down demonstration, it's not like they're being violent or anything. Right to free assembly and all that .

(Original post by Teebs)
    :ditto:

Also - the Clarendon Building? What does that even do?

ReputationRep:
    The Clarendon Building was then taken over by the Bodleian Library, and it now houses their admissions department and the Victoria County History of Oxfordshire.
    They've really stuck it to the man. But they need to keep at it for years to usurp the Thursday animal rights lot as "most annoying protesters"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Meh, it's only a sit down demonstration, it's not like they're being violent or anything. Right to free assembly and all that .
    All I said was that they were irritating, not that they should be banned or anything.

Like I said I probably agree with the general idea (I won't commit beyond probably since I can't be sure exactly what they're out for), but I think it's stupid going after the university instead of the government.

ReputationRep:
    Not on someone else's land. Assemble in a public place if you want to protest, this just seems like they're trying to force the university. I mean really, how much is would a forced condemnation be worth?

ReputationRep:
    A very quickly rewritten piece dedicated to everyone looking for jobs at the moment.

Now this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I liked to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I’ll tell you how I became the prince of Oxford’s careers fair

In good old Magdalen born and raised
    In the quadrat was where I spent most of my days
    Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool
    All all debatin’ some eco outside exam schools
    When a couple dons
    Who were up to no good
    Startin’ making trouble in my neighbourhood
    I got in one little fight and my dean got scared
    He said ‘You’re movin’ with the third years to the careers fair’

I begged and pleaded with him day after day
    But he wrote my reference and sent me on my way
    He shook my hand and straightened my tie
    I put my walkman on and said, ‘I might as well try’

Oxford bus, yo this is bad
    Watching the town go by from behind the glass.
    Is this what the people with jobs are living like?
    Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear they’re boring, work and all that
    Are careers the type of place they send this cool cat?
    I don’t think so
    I’ll see when I get there
    I hope they’re prepared for my student hair

Well, the bus stopped and when I came out
    There was a dude who was wearing a suit standing with a sign out
    I ain’t dead yet
    I just got here
    I sprang with the quickness into the fair and disappeared

I whistled for a job and when it came near
    The recruiter said ‘cool’ and it was a well paid career
    If anything I can say this job is rare
    But I thought ‘Now forget it’ – Goodbye careers fair

I pulled up to the hall about 7 or 8
    And I yelled to the recruiter ‘Yo homes smell ya later’
    I looked at my kingdom
    I was finally there
    To clean toilets at the careers fair.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

(Original post by Teebs)
    A very quickly rewritten piece dedicated to everyone looking for jobs at the moment.
    Ace! :rofl:

"Quad" is an abbreviation for "quadrangle" :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    "Quad" is an abbreviation for "quadrangle" :ninja:
    I know, but I suspect most people don't and I was trying to make the syllable numbers match.

ReputationRep:
    I can see your tutor's worries about you not getting a job haven't rubbed off on you :p:. Personally I'm planning to move into Funeral Directing once I get my degree. Steady stream of business and I find it rather fun. Yup, that's my life plan.

ReputationRep:
    Teebs, you are actually a genius:laughing:

ReputationRep:
    +repped

ReputationRep:
    I can see your tutor's worries about you not getting a job haven't rubbed off on you :p:. Personally I'm planning to move into Funeral Directing once I get my degree. Steady stream of business and I find it rather fun. Yup, that's my life plan.
    No one is worried in my world, I'm just having an anti-application form reaction, and am bitter over a recent rejection.

Funeral directing sounds like an excellent career choice. You could be an innovator in the field and introduce party bags for children or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    No one is worried in my world, I'm just having an anti-application form reaction, and am bitter over a recent rejection.

Funeral directing sounds like an excellent career choice. You could be an innovator in the field and introduce party bags for children or something similar.
    Also, no having to get an internship, because I already had a job at a funeral director's. This is all going to work out so well! *rubs hands gleefully*

ReputationRep:
    yeah but no one cares. Let them bomb each other, I'm sick of people preaching to me about how much palenstein is suffering. If you don't want missiles in your country, don't suicide bomb, and vice versa.

(Original post by vapid slut magician)
    yeah but no one cares. Let them bomb each other, I'm sick of people preaching to me about how much palenstein is suffering. If you don't want missiles in your country, don't suicide bomb, and vice versa.
    Any luck with Mr Gumtree?

ReputationRep:
    Argh! Online journals keep being angsty and tempermental and only letting me access their articles at certain times of the day. This is so annoying, I can't figure out how it could happen, unless Oxford's decided to have a trial run lasting from about yesterday afternoon until fiveish today...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.