Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was awake then. I then went OH MY GOD MY HEAD and wondered how the bathroom floor was that clean (option a, i clean well when drunk; option b, david heard me come home and cleaned up the mess ) and went back to bed. It took me til 11 to get to the bod :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Agreed. It's a stupid time to be awake.
    I think I just pinched the remaining 20 mins of your washing slot :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I think I just pinched the remaining 20 mins of your washing slot :flute:
    ****... I forgot I'd booked that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ****... I forgot I'd booked that.
    That's all right then, it means someone else nicks laundry spots too

ReputationRep:
    That's all right then, it means someone else nicks laundry spots too
    *nods*

I normally forget that I've booked. It generally gets to the point where I've actually run out of clothes before anything gets done.

ReputationRep:
    *nods*

I normally forget that I've booked. It generally gets to the point where I've actually run out of clothes before anything gets done.
    You have to book laundry slots?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Teebs)
    You have to book laundry slots?
    It's one of the more/most anal aspects of Balliol accomm. as far as I can see.

ReputationRep:
    You should stage a sit in. The last one was quite effective :p:

ReputationRep:
    It saves you having to go down on the off-chance that there might be one free.

Anyway, between midnight and 6am is a free-for-all.

EDIT: see penultimate paragraph here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    You should stage a sit in. The last one was quite effective :p:
    ohh that was so bloody annoying - right up around after lunchtime (when I went there!) **

only glimmer of light is at least there also doing something similar across the pond :p:

** edit: I tried to find the 'yellow man stomping' smilee, but I couldn't

ReputationRep:
    I would say thats a positive Athena - as said, its better than having to go there will all your clothes and then find there are no slots.....wait 10 minutes.....still no slot, and thus walk all the way back with your clothes*

*yes this has happened to me (on many a occasion) :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored. I have three essays to do, but can't really be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    I'm bored. I have three essays to do, but can't really be arsed.
    I know the feeling - and hence me on here, there isn't even very much on at TSR at the moment (I guess b/c people have lives) :p:

Are they due soon (i.e. next 2-3 days)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inter-Company)
    I know the feeling - and hence me on here, there isn't even very much on at TSR at the moment (I guess b/c people have lives) :p:

Are they due soon (i.e. next 2-3 days)?
    There's nothing on TSR, I've been around for an hour and I'm still bored :p:
    I'm not around much next week so yeh, I guess I should get them done by Monday.
    How have you been?

ReputationRep:
    I just spent from 9 until 6 doing this stupid tute sheet (and a fair bit of it is probably wrong...) only to come back now to start on the next one.....*sigh*....Oxford's more fun without work! :p:

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing on TSR, I've been around for an hour and I'm still bored :p:
    I'm not around much next week so yeh, I guess I should get them done by Monday.
    How have you been?
    Yay another E&Mer

I’ve been very well thank you (well apart from my crippling work load this term), yourself? Settling (I know a bit late to ask in your 2nd term ha) in well?

I’m doing an essay on 'financial appraisal and portfolio management' – and as fun as THAT sounds! – I’ve got a cold/flu on top of it

The essays due on Monday and whilst I have done most of my reading, I’ve got one of those ‘cold/flu’ headaches and so don’t really feel like working.......but I can't really go out as its so bloody cold (and I look like death) so I’m just relentlessly looking around TSR, trying to find something to distract me from the work – please tell me your currently in the same state of mind, it will make me feel better knowing that I’m not the only one who is this pathetic when it comes to work

ReputationRep:
    i'm on my second evening in a row in the library and i'm doing an essay tomorrow, blaarrgghh. old english is terrifying. plus our library's kind of creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I just spent from 9 until 6 doing this stupid tute sheet (and a fair bit of it is probably wrong...) only to come back now to start on the next one.....*sigh*....Oxford's more fun without work! :p:
    Ahh, I tend to find tute sheets the 'best' part of the workload (yes, I feel disgusted even saying there is a 'best' part to work!), as they generally don't require as much effort as essays for me - but nonetheless, we've all had the 'I've probably got everything wrong' feelings many-a-times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inter-Company)
    Yay another E&Mer

I’ve been very well thank you (well apart from my crippling work load this term), yourself? Settling (I know a bit late to ask in your 2nd term ha) in well?

I’m doing an essay on 'financial appraisal and portfolio management' – and as fun as THAT sounds! – I’ve got a cold/flu on top of it

The essays due on Monday and whilst I have done most of my reading, I’ve got one of those ‘cold/flu’ headaches and so don’t really feel like working.......but I can't really go out as its so bloody cold (and I look like death) so I’m just relentlessly looking around TSR, trying to find something to distract me from the work – please tell me your currently in the same state of mind, it will make me feel better knowing that I’m not the only one who is this pathetic when it comes to work
    Yeh, it's not bad at all. The first term wasn't too great, but it's definitely getting better.

I haven't had much sleep all week, so I've read the chapters of Varian, but the essay isn't really going anywhere. The title's also really boring that I can't quite be bothered to go into the little details.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it's not bad at all. The first term wasn't too great, but it's definitely getting better.

I haven't had much sleep all week, so I've read the chapters of Varian, but the essay isn't really going anywhere. The title's also really boring that I can't quite be bothered to go into the little details.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
    Thanks

You'll get used to sleep deprivation ha, what's the essay on?

One of my mates has just dropped the DVD to 'The Thick of It' - never watched it so may just give that ago and step away from the work for a few hours

edit: judging by this, I think I'm in for a treat......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_7pyktzpY8

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.