Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i definitely lose.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    i definitely lose.
    Harris Manchester is quite an achievement by itself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    i definitely lose.
    I lose more than anyone.

ReputationRep:
    That one's never gonna die, is it?

ReputationRep:
    social test at all souls is a myth

and i'm now determined to find a chart with all the crests laid out in a standard grid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably not)
    social test at all souls is a myth

and i'm now determined to find a chart with all the crests laid out in a standard grid...
    just buy the postcard.

wasn't a myth in the email I got :confused:

ReputationRep:
    really? that's odd. i know a few people who've done it, and while there's a dinner, it's explicitly not part of the assessment

maybe they've had a bad run of people with no social skills...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably not)
    really? that's odd. i know a few people who've done it, and while there's a dinner, it's explicitly not part of the assessment

maybe they've had a bad run of people with no social skills...
    people always say that. If I told awful stories, threw food everywhere and ran naked around the library I doubt they'd elect me.

ReputationRep:
    but they probably wouldn't elect you if you did that during one of the exams either.

telling awful stories is probably a bonus - there are some pretty weird people at all souls

(Original post by vapid slut magician)
    meh. I'm gona sit the exams this year and hopefully get invited to dinner as part of the 'social test', then we'll see.
    Exams in which subject? I thought it was the top finalists from Oxford who were invited to do that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Morbo)
    Exams in which subject? I thought it was the top finalists from Oxford who were invited to do that.
    They always want more women to sit the exams, so they invite female finalists to a dinner to learn more about it.

(Original post by Athena)
    They always want more women to sit the exams, so they invite female finalists to a dinner to learn more about it.
    VSM is not a finalist :confused: And like I said, I thought it was admission by invitation and examination of the top Oxford finalists. What's the point of telling women about it when most of them aren't going to be invited by this method. Are there other admission routes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    dunno, ill work that out later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    VSM is not a finalist :confused: And like I said, I thought it was admission by invitation and examination of the top Oxford finalists. Are there other admission routes?
    I'm enrolled in higher education and I have a first from Cambridge, therefore I'm eligible to sit the exams.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you graduated less than 10 terms previously or are in higher education you can take them. As Athena said, they're worried that so few women sit the exams so I assume I get to benefit yet again from some ridiculous form of 'positive' discrimination.

(Original post by vapid slut magician)
    As long as you graduated less than 10 terms previously or are in higher education you can take them.
    Oh. That is boo. I always thought they were some well-elitist institution, kind of like a secret brotherhood - I quite liked that ivory tower aspect to it

So I could take the exams? The illusion is ruined

ReputationRep:
    Boo to cleverness! Boo to Firsts! Boo to enduring academia! Yey to ridiculously cheap DVDs on Amazon. Yey I say! :laughing:

(Original post by Morbo)
    Oh. That is boo. I always thought they were some well-elitist institution, kind of like a secret brotherhood - I quite liked that ivory tower aspect to it

So I could take the exams? The illusion is ruined
    Well you could take them, but they dont do a physics exam, which might put you at something of a disadvantage/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah any moron can sit the exams. Whether or not they take you is another matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Well you could take them, but they dont do a physics exam, which might put you at something of a disadvantage/
    they're starting to offer maths though, aren't they?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.