The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
Mrs Carrothead
Shh, don't tell them! Besides, I'm planning on playing the 'PPE Old boy' card on one of the people, as he went to St. John's. When I don't feel guilty about taking out a couple of hours, I'll write a covering letter to some less morally bankrupt places. How about that?

:yep:
Reply 6801
Mrs Carrothead
Yes, I think I do, considering I own all of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity etc. :o:

I haven't watched Blood Ties. I was scared it was going to be ****. But I'm a little bit in love with True Blood. I'm not sure why, I watched an episode, thought it was *****, but then it grew on me.

I watched Blood Ties before I read the books, but all in all I like both fairly equally. I thought the first four or so episodes of True Blood were great, it dipped towards the end of the season, but then picked up for the last couple of episodes. The important question: Erik or Bill?
just woke up... that's not good. and i have gymnastics tonight. lame.
Athena
I watched Blood Ties before I read the books, but all in all I like both fairly equally. I thought the first four or so episodes of True Blood were great, it dipped towards the end of the season, but then picked up for the last couple of episodes. The important question: Erik or Bill?

Oh God, neither! Erik's far too blond and cocky for my liking, and Bill has a forehead like a Neanderthal! Though I would have to say that Bill comes out on top. My friend has an inexplicable thing for Jason which creeps me out quite a bit though :hmmm: .

Hee hee, just found this one. :captain: It's my new friend.
Reply 6804
Aaaaaaand the cooker and hob have decided to stop working while I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. I've had a plate of veg that roasted in the hot but non-functioning oven.
:frown: On Friday I turned off my hairdryer to comb my hair the other way (short hair requires brushing every which way and trying to put the parting in left handed is too hard) and then it wouldn't turn back on. Fail. It's fine now though - weird. Are you coming to Jenny's on Friday Charl?
Reply 6806
Bekaboo
:frown: On Friday I turned off my hairdryer to comb my hair the other way (short hair requires brushing every which way and trying to put the parting in left handed is too hard) and then it wouldn't turn back on. Fail. It's fine now though - weird. Are you coming to Jenny's on Friday Charl?

Not sure - will see how the Week From Hell™ is going...
my most wonderful nap ended abruptly with phone call to hurry up and get down to the gym for an erg session. Why do I still do this to myself? and why is there some horrendous thought in the back of my mind telling me 'you love it, really'. Ergh.
Bekaboo
:frown: On Friday I turned off my hairdryer to comb my hair the other way (short hair requires brushing every which way and trying to put the parting in left handed is too hard) and then it wouldn't turn back on. Fail. It's fine now though - weird.

I think it's some type of anti-overheating mech. It's def done that to me. There was posters up someone warning us not to leave them on when they did that, since they'd come back on and burn up our lives.
Reply 6809
Athena
Aaaaaaand the cooker and hob have decided to stop working while I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. I've had a plate of veg that roasted in the hot but non-functioning oven.

Has the fuse blown? I know the one in our kitchen does sometimes if you try and use all four hobs.
Reply 6810
cpchem
Has the fuse blown? I know the one in our kitchen does sometimes if you try and use all four hobs.

Quite possibly (we couldn't use toaster and kettle together last term til one of us bought a better toaster) - I had the oven on hot, and someone else was using three of the hobs. It's just sods law that it'd happen after Thomas has left for the day :rolleyes:
Reply 6811
Athena
Quite possibly (we couldn't use toaster and kettle together last term til one of us bought a better toaster) - I had the oven on hot, and someone else was using three of the hobs. It's just sods law that it'd happen after Thomas has left for the day :rolleyes:

He's coming up to our flat first thing in the morning to sort some of the lights. If I see him I'll mention it - you're at the top of 2, right?
Reply 6812
cpchem
He's coming up to our flat first thing in the morning to sort some of the lights. If I see him I'll mention it - you're at the top of 2, right?

:yes:
I be bored. Even Song 2 is doing nothing to lift my spirits. I don't care about the battles within the UN about globalisation vs. regionalisation. I really, really don't.
Reply 6814
Mrs Carrothead
I be bored. Even Song 2 is doing nothing to lift my spirits. I don't care about the battles within the UN about globalisation vs. regionalisation. I really, really don't.

I don't care about band theory. Want to swap?
Reply 6815
Mrs Carrothead

And I care even less about what distinction, if any, I would draw between sentence meaning and utterance meaning. Just what I want to be thinking about post-migraine :rolleyes:
Reply 6816
Athena
And I care even less about what distinction, if any, I would draw between sentence meaning and utterance meaning. Just what I want to be thinking about post-migraine :rolleyes:

I'm actually feeling fairly content :o:
That's it, I'm breaking out the wine. I reckon if I spread a bottle over an hour I'll still be fit for work. I think there's a bottle of chardonnay outside the window...
Reply 6818
I'm sorry, but doesn't "Hot Start, Strong Finish" sound like a chat-up line, and not the advertising slogan for AmpliTaq Gold® DNA Polymerase? Scientists are all sniggering adolescents at heart.
I'm most surprised by the fact that there's an advertising slogan for DNA Polymerase....

Latest

Trending

Trending