Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Id have loved to have gone to a bop, I never get to go to any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    Id have loved to have gone to a bop, I never get to go to any
    Maybe TSR should set up some kind of bop-sharing scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    My liver and my workload say no...but my head says yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    The Epic Tale of the Oxford Meet, in somewhat abridged form.

We got lunch. It was fun and tasty.

G&Ds followed. I dropped strawberry ice cream all over the floor.

Angel's Cocktail Bar where we were thrown out very quickly because some of us forgot ID. Downing cocktails isn't as much fun as sipping them.

Oddbins didn't sell rum, but it did sell wine and tramp's piss. We took it all to TarnishedPenny's room. There we announced ourselves to one of her friends as being 'from the internet' and generally drank and had fun. Chemist chat was excessive.

After being thrown out by TarnishedPenny we headed over to Ahmed's and RKD's room and were joined by sugar_cane. We all went to the Merton bop.

The Merton bop was notable for many things. RKD's birthday (with added drunkenness on his part and much gay dancing). Turdburger collecting and wearing on his head three thongs. He went round showing them to everyone and pinging them back into his face. He also broke his finger pushing the Merton bop cage around the room. Power Pints are disgusting and green.

Post bop it was off to my room where we drank wine and shot each other with water pistols until 5:30 in the morning.
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Oh dear lord... this all sounds far more debauched than the good old days of ye old Lamb and Flag, G + Ds and sjuthani's room. Although I don't think any lasting relationships were formed last night so that makes me feel better :p:
    Amen to that. Sounds like an epic night - well done guys. Almost as epic as the first Subs Oxford meet... Merton bops always seemed a bit wet to me though, nice to see they're picking up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    well that's easily done

well that's easily done
    There was a similar thing a while ago - unofficial of course - with formal halls.

ReputationRep:
    oh god I'm so sick of this place now. why am I still here?

ReputationRep:
    Because of the ever-present temptation that is easy access to teenagers. And, errr, trampolines.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, it's not really enough

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, it's not really enough
    And therefore the excuse to wear leotards?

ReputationRep:
    I can go to gymnastics at home three times a week

ReputationRep:
    I think we have one next week or the one after, but I don't think I could deal with people running round with pants on their face announcing themselves as my internet friends. :p: Additionally my bops only really happen from half 9 to twelve...

ReputationRep:
    I can go to gymnastics at home three times a week
    But can you readily do teenage boys on a trampoline in a leotard? :eyeball:

You could ask your college for funding to start a society - there are already some ****** up societies out there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go with "because you're bitter and twisted, and won't be totally happy anywhere until you become... less twisty... and being aware of this you're not quite ready to give up on a place that at least has some redeeming features. Or because you're bloody minded."

I'm going to go with "because you're bitter and twisted, and won't be totally happy anywhere until you become... less twisty... and being aware of this you're not quite ready to give up on a place that at least has some redeeming features. Or because you're bloody minded."
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :p: It's autobiographical too so I'm allowed to say it.

ReputationRep:
    Is that not what I just said? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    Is that not what I just said? :p:
    Ah but you devilly coated it in moderately amusing banter. You clever thing you

ReputationRep:
    no, I don't think that's it. I think it's because I don't give a crap about art history or academia and all I want to do is do a pile of sports coaching and work for the IOC.

ReputationRep:
    no, I don't think that's it. I think it's because I don't give a crap about art history or academia and all I want to do is do a pile of sports coaching and work for the IOC.
    I thought you wanted reasons while you WERE still here - not reasons why you wanted to leave?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.