The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7320
Mrs Carrothead
Well that sounds alarming! I should really be getting to bed (after playing some disturbingly addictive WORD VINE), as I have to be up at seven to write this essay. Grr.

Nighty night. :smokin:
*topples over* Maybe I'll just sleep on my desk. The bed is ALLL the way over.... 6' away. It's a hard life.
Reply 7322
Mrs Carrothead
*topples over* Maybe I'll just sleep on my desk. The bed is ALLL the way over.... 6' away. It's a hard life.

6' of hardness is a challenge indeed.
Reply 7323
Why is it that my bloody scout always comes into the room at bang on 9am if I'm asleep, but if I get up so that she can clean properly she doesn't turn up. Argh!
Reply 7324
Mrs Carrothead
So is everyone on here apart from Teebs a scientist? Have you all formed a secret group that plans to take over the world?

Nope, historian.
Teebs
Why is it that my bloody scout always comes into the room at bang on 9am if I'm asleep, but if I get up so that she can clean properly she doesn't turn up. Argh!

Hahaha that is exactly what happens to me. Ah well. She usually just knocks and comes in while I remain happily asleep.
Reply 7326
Agrippina
Hahaha that is exactly what happens to me. Ah well. She usually just knocks and comes in while I remain happily asleep.

Well Tuesdays are normally room vacuuming days so if I'm not awake my room doesn't get cleaned. I'd do it myself I suppose but I don't want to buy the equipment and the vacuum gets locked up.
Teebs

My scout's a slightly odd man. He always comes in while I'm in bed. I just hide under my warm duvet while he offers me yet MORE 'toilet paper'. I think last year was the best. My scout regularly hoovered around me while I thought about getting up, then I went back to sleep when she left. I bought her a massive easter egg though, so it was okay. :yep:

Oh, and made my deadline by 40 seconds. Impressive methinks. Though I don't understand why nobody else seems to give a damn, considering she told us if we don't hand it in on the dot, we don't get to go to the tute. I bet it was aimed at me. I hate it when the tutors have their little meetings about who needs to do more work. :frown:
Reply 7328
Mrs Carrothead
My scout's a slightly odd man. He always comes in while I'm in bed. I just hide under my warm duvet while he offers me yet MORE 'toilet paper'. I think last year was the best. My scout regularly hoovered around me while I thought about getting up, then I went back to sleep when she left. I bought her a massive easter egg though, so it was okay. :yep:

I had enough of a rapport with my scout from last year that she left my room till later to be nice to me. Unfortunately this one barely speaks any English and is not as friendly so chatting to her is much harder.
Thicky
I'm more bored of life than you are.

I'm older therefore I'm more tired and bored of life than you.
Reply 7330
vapid slut magician
I'm older therefore I'm more tired and bored of life than you.

I'm prematurely aged.
and grads aren't?
Reply 7332
probably not
and grads aren't?

You're assuming it has something to do with university life/study
i'm assuming that's one of the conditions, yes...
Reply 7334
Good grief, you lot spam nearly as much as the Tabs :p: Nice to see some life in the place though.

The snow in Cambridge yesterday was epic, but I had to just watch it fall while the PhD students went outside and had snowball fights :frown:
Athena
Good grief, you lot spam nearly as much as the Tabs :p: Nice to see some life in the place though.

The snow in Cambridge yesterday was epic, but I had to just watch it fall while the PhD students went outside and had snowball fights :frown:

at least you had snow...
Reply 7336
Athena

How was Tabland?
Reply 7337
cpchem
How was Tabland?

In terms of interviews? Everyone's been asking this and the answer is that I can't really tell. I don't think I was stellar, but none of the interviews were awful. The problem is just that there were 200 applicants for the 10-12 places, so by the time they'd whittled us down to 30-odd for interviews, everyone was amazing in some way or another. I'll find out this week I think...

In terms of general Tabness: very pretty in the snow yesterday, and then beautiful and icy today - I sent the parentals a postcard of Cambridge in the snow, and Kings and loads of the University buildings really did look as good as the photos.
Reply 7338
tarnishedpenny
:eek:

And I've finished my work for the next 11 hours so I get to be spending silly amounts of time on TSR :yep:
Or I might just go to bed at 10.... :getmecoat:

Incidentally, karma is a bitch. I met two John's second-years at BudSoc. They knew a couple of people at Merton, asked who I knew there. You're the only person I know there. Cue awkward "how do you know her? "oh, from...around. we have...mutual friends." conversation :rolleyes: I promise never to make any more "I'm from the internet" jokes :tongue:
Reply 7339
rkd
I promise never to make any more "I'm from the internet" jokes :tongue:

I don't.:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending