Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Oh, it is fun of course. Though now I have to read a self-important book on the politics of economics liberalisation and world trade. Joy. I gave up economics for a reason. :mad:
    I can see why.

I used to watch the X Files religiously. But it got crap. I remember choking half-way through one episode once - well I would, as it kinda sticks in the mind...Or throat, at least harharhar

I used to have a vector image of Scully somewhere, hawt!

8 and 9 are terrible. I cant remember if 7 was as well.

For me I like the early stuff.

Ghost in the machine, tooms, The one with the submarine and peoples eyes go oily. Quagmire, the one with the insects in the forest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)

Ghost in the machine, tooms, The one with the submarine and peoples eyes go oily. Quagmire, the one with the insects in the forest.
    I always quite enjoyed episodes with the secret cabal-thing

ReputationRep:

Ghost in the machine was rather disturbing.... and also Chris Carter should have been paid royalties from I, Robot :tongue: .

The oily eyes one was good, though then Mulder goes off to Russia and gets infected with oily eye stuff, but doesn't seem to do anything about it/tell anyone (unless I haven't got there yet).

I'm watching Leonard Betts atm, but I did rather like the one with the creepily possessed kid who killed his brother, father, and grandmother. Very Omen.

So yes, I can definitely see that it'll start going downhill pretty fast (oh noes! ), but I'm still enjoying it for now. Though beginning to lose patience a little with the whole Samantha thing. Mulder needs some serious therapy.

Ghost in the machine was rather disturbing.... and also Chris Carter should have been paid royalties from I, Robot :tongue: .

The oily eyes one was good, though then Mulder goes off to Russia and gets infected with oily eye stuff, but doesn't seem to do anything about it/tell anyone (unless I haven't got there yet).

I'm watching Leonard Betts atm, but I did rather like the one with the creepily possessed kid who killed his brother, father, and grandmother. Very Omen.

So yes, I can definitely see that it'll start going downhill pretty fast (oh noes! ), but I'm still enjoying it for now. Though beginning to lose patience a little with the whole Samantha thing. Mulder needs some serious therapy.
    I hate the "plot" episodes-- they should have just done 1 off episodes.

ReputationRep:
    Well I only anticipated them because I laughably believed that there would finally be some kind of resolution :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They just get more and more complicated, with more and more people that you can't identify related to some kind of hierarchy you only see snatches of! :confused:

Personally, I dislike the ones that are one-offs, but where he still goes on and on about Samantha e.g. Paper Hearts. Get over it already!

And if Rat Boy (Krycek) appears once more, I'm going to hurt someone. The same goes for the repeated use of 'unexplainable'. NO! INEXPLICABLE. Stupid Americans.

ReputationRep:
    They just get more and more complicated, with more and more people that you can't identify related to some kind of hierarchy you only see snatches of! :confused:

Personally, I dislike the ones that are one-offs, but where he still goes on and on about Samantha e.g. Paper Hearts. Get over it already!

And if Rat Boy (Krycek) appears once more, I'm going to hurt someone. The same goes for the repeated use of 'unexplainable'. NO! INEXPLICABLE. Stupid Americans.

Haha it's all slowly coming back to me :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    Haha it's all slowly coming back to me :mad2:
    I know! They're so infuriating, but just soooo goooooddddd :tongue: . I reckon I've got at least a couple of season before it all really goes to ****, so I'll concentrate on that...:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I know! They're so infuriating, but just soooo goooooddddd :tongue: . I reckon I've got at least a couple of season before it all really goes to ****, so I'll concentrate on that...:woo:
    I am currently looking for a new preferably epic series to watch :yep: Haven't decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    And I reckon you've only got a few terms until you fail :tongue: with such a brutal viewing schedule

ReputationRep:
    And I reckon you've only got a few terms until you fail :tongue: with such a brutal viewing schedule
    You'd be amazed that this term is actually the only term I've handed in 6 essays so far on time and complete. My effort may even be above satisfactory this time! I don't know how it works, though I could be the chronic sleep deprivation between Monday and Thursday :tongue: .

Besides, no finals until end of Third Year, and I don't think Oriel believes in penal collections, so I've got 5 terms at least! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    You'd be amazed that this term is actually the only term I've handed in 6 essays so far on time and complete. My effort may even be above satisfactory this time! I don't know how it works, though I could be the chronic sleep deprivation between Monday and Thursday :tongue: .

Besides, no finals until end of Third Year, and I don't think Oriel believes in penal collections, so I've got 5 terms at least! :tongue:
    Let the countdown begin :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Let the countdown begin :woo:
    Shhhhh. And watching all of the episodes close together allows me to see what a tw*t Mulder is. Fun fun fun.

ReputationRep:
    God I hate those student loans morons. First of all, their website doesn't acknowledge that Chemistry exists, then they ask a load of ridiculous questions that they've asked three times before....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    God I hate those student loans morons. First of all, their website doesn't acknowledge that Chemistry exists, then they ask a load of ridiculous questions that they've asked three times before....
    Might be a stupid question but..... why are you filling that out now? Not that I ever remember, but isn't that an April jobby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    It was rubbish even when applying; they had no college codes so I was frantically trying to work out what to do and they didn't have any idea; in the end it wasn't necessary to put anything but it wasn't helped by the fact that Cambridge had college codes :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It was rubbish even when applying; they had no college codes so I was frantically trying to work out what to do and they didn't have any idea; in the end it wasn't necessary to put anything but it wasn't helped by the fact that Cambridge had college codes :mad:
    My friend and I didn't realise that you had to apply for a student loan before getting your results, because you have to put your university. So at the beginning of September, we see the deadline is closed, and despite living only 5 minutes apart, I had to drive to two separate LEA offices 35 miles apart just to get our loans. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I didn't realise that you had to apply for a student loan before getting your results, because you have to put your university. So at the beginning of September, we see the deadline is closed, and despite living only 5 minutes apart, I had to drive to two separate LEA offices 35 miles apart just to get our loans. Oops.
    Dumbarse :tongue: :rolleyes:

I think we were given all the student loan stuff even before UCAS but my school was insane

ReputationRep:
    I made that mistake too, but mine was sorted out pretty quickly so it wasn't too bad.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.