The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Teebs
Yup, hip hop dance class. I may never be able to talk 'street' but I'll be able to dance it!

do they teach you to grab your junk every 5 seconds?
Reply 7681
vapid slut magician
do they teach you to grab your junk every 5 seconds?

The (female) teacher did utter the following at one point (with gestures):

"So you can do whatever with your hands, put them behind your back, on your chest, grab your crotch, I've got the wrong trousers on for that though."
vapid slut magician
ugh my everything hurts. stupid sport. and I didn't learn anything awesome. at least my wrist finally let me kick over from a bridge so hopefully ill get my back walkovers back on thursday.

precious pigeon hole full of crap i ordered. at least I have a new leotard to be **** at stuff in.

I ordered 3lbs of fudge on Friday. Should be here in the morning! Yey! Something to get me through essays :biggrin:.
Mrs Carrothead
I ordered 3lbs of fudge on Friday. Should be here in the morning! Yey! Something to get me through essays :biggrin:.

isn't that essentially just 3lbs of pure fat?
vapid slut magician
isn't that essentially just 3lbs of pure fat?

Oh no, there's fat AND sugar :biggrin:. There's a reason I'm not the trampolining type...
Bekaboo
Oh thank goodness, I can finally tell people!
I am going to Bristol for PhD goodness :biggrin: (Had offer on Thursday, but had interview at York today, so was trying to keep the news out of the internetsphere in case it got to work and they wouldn't let me go :eek:)
Had 99% accepted Bristol anyway, but went to York just in case and it was awful awful awful so am definitely Bristol-ing it up now :smile:
(And when I told Cambridge they actually used a word I can't use or Athena will have to Warn me. Apparently I am good news :biggrin:)

Ooh, is this what you're doing? I knew you did Bio, then you seemed to be only half here (at Oxford) this year, although at the meet I got the vague impression that you taught kids about masturbation. :tongue:. It's very cool, anyway :smile:
Mrs Carrothead

Where did you order it from? Jim's Fudge Kitchen is the way to go! They have one in Cambridge, why oh why don't we have one here?! But you can order it online :biggrin:
Agrippina
Where did you order it from? Jim's Fudge Kitchen is the way to go! They have one in Cambridge, why oh why don't we have one here?! But you can order it online :biggrin:

The Toffee Shop, Penrith. It's the best fudge ever! They sell it in the Highgrove (Prince Charles' shop), but it's less pretentious from the normal place :smile:. Soo sooo good, and a little box is only £4. Buy! I command you!
congrats Boo :smile:`
Athena

:eek: Boo, that's awesome!

Did you feel telling some of the other PhD supervisors was a bit like pulling a plaster off (you don't want to do it, but it feels great once you have!)

Still haven't told B'ham :eek: (They haven't invited me to interview or anything so I feel very weird getting in contact, even though logically I know they'll want to know before they shortlist). Am still v chuffed about Cambridge though - I just thought they were being nice. I didn't realise they genuinely thought they'd probably give it to me! But meh I can live without the jungle for a bit longer...

ixivxivi
Ooh, is this what you're doing? I knew you did Bio, then you seemed to be only half here (at Oxford) this year, although at the meet I got the vague impression that you taught kids about masturbation. :tongue:. It's very cool, anyway :smile:

Haha I am entirely in Oxford, but not AT Oxford. I'm on a gap year as it were, and while teaching 12 year olds about masturbation is not meant to be a part of my job description, spending 8 periods a day with them tends to mean it comes up!
Mrs Carrothead
The Toffee Shop, Penrith. It's the best fudge ever! They sell it in the Highgrove (Prince Charles' shop), but it's less pretentious from the normal place :smile:. Soo sooo good, and a little box is only £4. Buy! I command you!

You spent 22 quid on fudge?!
Reply 7691
Do I recognise a certain TSR user in this picture?

http://www.oxfordplayhouse.com/Calendar/OPH/View.asp?ID=817
Athena
Do I recognise a certain TSR user in this picture?

http://www.oxfordplayhouse.com/Calendar/OPH/View.asp?ID=817

god people who do acting and stuff are weird
Oh God, York just phoned me in the middle of Latin to offer me the place there too! :eek: I guess that the awful awful horrible soul destroying second interview, that reduced me to a completely aspergic mess (I still have marks on my arms I was clawing so hard) was only important for gettign the funding, not for whether or not I got the project. At any rate I have politely declined, so I am definitely going to Bristol :biggrin:
Bekaboo
Oh God, York just phoned me in the middle of Latin to offer me the place there too! :eek: I guess that the awful awful horrible soul destroying second interview, that reduced me to a completely aspergic mess (I still have marks on my arms I was clawing so hard) was only important for gettign the funding, not for whether or not I got the project. At any rate I have politely declined, so I am definitely going to Bristol :biggrin:

You're a regular job-getting machine! I'm watching Hustle, which would put anyone in their right mind off politics for life....

And yes, I spent £22 on fudge. There's 6 slabs of it though! Proper slabs that you have to cut up with a knife!
Reply 7695
Chomsky, Hauser and Fitch must die :mad:

The egos in linguistics (and the arts in general) are so much more obvious in the way papers are written than in science :frown:
Athena

The egos in linguistics (and the arts in general) are so much more obvious in the way papers are written than in science :frown:

A-Level Eng Lit involved me writing all over critical works "what a ****" and "pretentious git" and helpful speech bubbles (as I do now with Plato) like "oh yes, I'm right, I'm right because I'm cool. There's no justification for it, but who needs proof when you have ME. Yes ME. MEEEEEEE." :biggrin:
Reply 7697
Athena

Then you're clearly moving in the right direction with the PhD :biggrin:

That said, genetics... *shudder*
I have genetics-y type lectures starting this week. I feel that a relapse of the biology-hate I developed in year 12 is about to occur.
weird... anyone else just assume certain people are gay and then find out they're not?
cpchem
Then you're clearly moving in the right direction with the PhD :biggrin:

That said, genetics... *shudder*
I have genetics-y type lectures starting this week. I feel that a relapse of the biology-hate I developed in year 12 is about to occur.

I think biology death in me occurred early year 11 when our teacher smelled terrible, lived in a cardboard box, never did his fly up, and loved to talk about menstrreeeeeeeewwwwwwation (as he called it), especially that of pandas.

That's what you get from Tabs :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending