Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had an evolution-denying biology teacher. Thankfully, she didn't live in a cardboard box, nor did she speak of menstrreeeeeewwwwwwation.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    weird... anyone else just assume certain people are gay and then find out they're not?
    Yes. It can be quite embarrassing when you find they're straight/meet their extremely attractive girlfriend and try not to let your jaw hit the floor.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cpchem)
    I had an evolution-denying biology teacher. Thankfully, she didn't live in a cardboard box, nor did she speak of menstrreeeeeewwwwwwation.
    OMG, why would you want to teach biology if you didn't believe in evolution? Unless you did your degree before Darwin wrote the Origin of Species

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    OMG, why would you want to teach biology if you didn't believe in evolution? Unless you did your degree before Darwin wrote the Origin of Species
    No idea. She's still one of the best teachers I ever had, mind you, and I won't have a word said against her... well, apart from her being a mental who doesn't believe in evolution.

ReputationRep:
    No idea. She's still one of the best teachers I ever had, mind you, and I won't have a word said against her... well, apart from her being a mental who doesn't believe in evolution.
    The best teacher I ever had was a crazy English teacher. For instance, she started crying at the end of a performance of Measure for Measure and wouldn't stop hugging me, with the explanation "It's so terrible when something so amazing ends and you remember that none of it was real." Hmm. Insane, but great :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    Sweet JC why is my little house so cold!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    The best teacher I ever had was a crazy English teacher. For instance, she started crying at the end of a performance of Measure for Measure and wouldn't stop hugging me, with the explanation "It's so terrible when something so amazing ends and you remember that none of it was real." Hmm. Insane, but great :yep: .
    The mental teachers are always the best. My French teacher, for example, who set us a grammar test (from what I remember, conjugating the imperfect), with a list of hideously inappropriate verbs... she knew full well that only one or two of us would ever bother to find out what she was saying

ReputationRep:
    A guy I work with found out today that one of the 5th form has been keeping a book of all the inuendous things he says. (This is partly J's ability to just be really suggestive without realising it - e.g. while teaching relative pronouns 'the girls who... came to my house on Saturday night did... something' - and partly his joy in seeing how far he can push things without anyone realising. Especially if I'm TA-ing in his class and trying not to die of laughter!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    A guy I work with found out today that one of the 5th form has been keeping a book of all the inuendous things he says. (This is partly J's ability to just be really suggestive without realising it - e.g. while teaching relative pronouns 'the girls who... came to my house on Saturday night did... something' - and partly his joy in seeing how far he can push things without anyone realising. Especially if I'm TA-ing in his class and trying not to die of laughter!)
    Hee hee, we had a creepy old French teacher, who, upon being told by Samantha in French that she spent the night on the Internet playing games and having fun said (completely unintentionally I believe) "So what did Sam say? Well, she said that she pleasures herself by sitting on her computer." :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Wow... finally done with the work. Well, apart from the three essays and the problems for next Thursday :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow... finally done with the work. Well, apart from the three essays and the problems for next Thursday :rolleyes:
    Hush! I am still reading the first section on a 7 piece reading list for an essay that should be in by 9am. Oh God, why do I do this to myself?

Answer: I'm a lazy ***** :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hush! I am still reading the first section on a 7 piece reading list for an essay that should be in by 9am. Oh God, why do I do this to myself?

Answer: I'm a lazy ***** :yep:
    Sleep is for the weak anywayzzzzzzz... :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just slightly bemused that they now want us to write essays...

ReputationRep:
    I'm just slightly bemused that they now want us to write essays...
    Aww *pats* it's a hard life, isn't it? :tongue:

How many are they getting you to write this term? It's kind of galling (though understandable as it is psychology after all.... that my friend has to write 6 essays, 3 core practicals, and 3 presentations, and I have to write 16 essays this term. Hmm, sounds fair to me :yep:.

ReputationRep:

How many are they getting you to write this term? It's kind of galling (though understandable as it is psychology after all.... that my friend has to write 6 essays, 3 core practicals, and 3 presentations, and I have to write 16 essays this term. Hmm, sounds fair to me :yep:.
    you know you'd get bored without all those essays to write.

ReputationRep:

My tutor wants three for next week's tute. He'll never look at them, mind you. Then it's just endless practice of the standard finals question: 'Compare and contrast the chemistry of:' - then a choice of four pairs of elements. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    My tutor wants three for next week's tute. He'll never look at them, mind you. Then it's just endless practice of the standard finals question: 'Compare and contrast the chemistry of:' - then a choice of four pairs of elements. :eek3:
    Delightful! I think the Third Years' Plato tutor was terrible, as they're now redoing the entire unit. Think I'd be more than a little terrified if that was the case...

Ah, I'm so glad I have no finals this year. Are you a third year? Just think, all that effort then another year to go! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I am a third year... thankfully, this is the last year I'll ever have to sit written exams

ReputationRep:
    I am a third year... thankfully, this is the last year I'll ever have to sit written exams
    Ooh lucky you :woo:.

I think I may even get some sleep tonight. I'm beginning the fourth section, and I already have four sides of notes . Still not a clue what to write though. What, if anything, is established by Plato's argument for the tripartite division of the soul? Ummmm...... there's three parts to it? :tongue:

essays????
    compare and contast???
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please tell me this is some horrid inorganic option paper

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.