Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Threaten to report them to the PCC - for a student paper, the threat alone should be enough to make them bugger off.

ReputationRep:
    then go here http://www.pcc.org.uk/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Threaten to report them to the PCC - for a student paper, the threat alone should be enough to make them bugger off.

I've just emailed the editor to say that's what I'm doing (VSM gave me advice on this last week).

(Original post by vapid slut magician)
    just report them to the local police station or ring your phone's provider and say you're being harrassed. they usually block numbers for you for free.
    They've got a load of different office numbers, and a private number, or I'd have done that by now

ReputationRep:
    just report them anyway, they've already broken the law on several occassions.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    just report them anyway, they've already broken the law on several occassions.

I'm stuck between setting the PCC on them and setting the Proctors on them - as university students, it breaks university rules too. If I can be bothered, I might do both. I don't like people who upset me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

I'm stuck between setting the PCC on them and setting the Proctors on them - as university students, it breaks university rules too. If I can be bothered, I might do both. I don't like people who upset me.
    Hmm... proctors might work faster?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it always people who really aren't fine (by any definition you choose) that steadfastly mantain they are whilst asking after your insignificant problems?!?! It really upsets me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Hmm... proctors might work faster?

And given the choice between the threat of a rap on the knuckles from the PCC, and a fine from the trigger happy proctors, I know which I'd be more scared of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    Why is it always people who really aren't fine (by any definition you choose) that steadfastly mantain they are whilst asking after your insignificant problems?!?! It really upsets me.
    Pride and stubbornness, more often than not.

ReputationRep:

And given the choice between the threat of a rap on the knuckles from the PCC, and a fine from the trigger happy proctors, I know which I'd be more scared of...
    Ooh, yeah. The proctors do like collecting fines

ReputationRep:
    Well that was an interesting day. I just played in Chess cuppers, having never played the game before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyberdrummer)
    Well that was an interesting day. I just played in Chess cuppers, having never played the game before.
    Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end. Why would you do that to yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Sign their number up for a load of those horrible Jamster ringtones.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pf1)
    Sign their number up for a load of those horrible Jamster ringtones.

Plan :teeth:

Anyone else seen this?
    http://www.solvedating.com/ :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Plan :teeth:

Anyone else seen this?
    http://www.solvedating.com/ :rofl:
    that website doesn't have enough pictures on it so I don't know what it's about. I don't like to read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end. Why would you do that to yourself?
    Originally I was just going to be there for a bit, to show support for my mates, but one guy in the team didn't turn up, so who had to stand in? :hello:

I enjoyed it though. I might even learn the rules. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Originally I was just going to be there for a bit, to show support for my mates, but one guy in the team didn't turn up, so who had to stand in? :hello:

I used to play chess a little back in the day, but I think I'd be rather intimidated to play in Oxford. Rather you than me.

ReputationRep:

How did you get on? My uncle is amazing at chess; he was champion of Yorkshire when he was about 12 or something.

ReputationRep:
    We came 6th out of 8 as a team. I didn't win any of my matches (surprise, surprise), but I did get a couple of draws. So all in all, not too bad.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.