Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm meant to be writing an essay on ulysses, and it is filling me with the FEAR. so i just washed my hair instead. which was nice but didn't help at all.

ReputationRep:
    Why good morning America, how are you?

Seems like yesterday everyone was actually doing their work. What is wrong with the world?!

ReputationRep:
    My room is TIDY And vacuumed and BEAUTIFUL! (NB We moved into my house after I'd already started my job, and there has never actually been time to get properly properly sorted, so I've just lived in squalor for 6 months. And now it's lovely and my carpet is so blue because of Chris's uber hoover that sucks the ground so hard you can't move it. *sighs* I feel clean. And I got rid of the mould :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand *how* the cambridge thread grows so quickly...the mind boggles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I don't understand *how* the cambridge thread grows so quickly...the mind boggles.
    They obviously do no work. Lazy Tabs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but that means they're winning on the procrastination front

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naranoc)
    Yes, but that means they're winning on the procrastination front
    I like to think I can procrastinate more imaginatively than by posing on an internet forum.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Their thread is just a chat thread, so they spend quite a lot of it discussing grammar and maths :puke: We, however, tend to restrict ourselves to pure procrastination :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Their thread is just a chat thread, so they spend quite a lot of it discussing grammar and maths :puke: We, however, tend to restrict ourselves to pure procrastination :yes:
    ..... and the discussion of evolution vs. creationism.

PS. Not that I'm being creepy or anything, but (yes, I know that's how the serial killing starts :tongue:)..... if your name is actually Athena (?) did you, by any chance, ever get roped into doing a horrific remake play of the Rama/Sita story a few years back? I know that was a random question, but in the process of attempting to purge the horrific memories from my brain, a name suddenly popped up :grin:.

PPS. Feel free to ignore me. I re-read, and understand that now I sound like I'm standing outside your window with binoculars. Which I'm not. Not now anyway :tongue: :grin:.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    ..... and the discussion of evolution vs. creationism.

PS. Not that I'm being creepy or anything, but (yes, I know that's how the serial killing starts :tongue:)..... if your name is actually Athena (?) did you, by any chance, ever get roped into doing a horrific remake play of the Rama/Sita story a few years back? I know that was a random question, but in the process of attempting to purge the horrific memories from my brain, a name suddenly popped up :grin:.

PPS. Feel free to ignore me. I re-read, and understand that now I sound like I'm standing outside your window with binoculars. Which I'm not. Not now anyway :tongue: :grin:.
    No, my real name is far more mundane :p: However, I believe the Athena you're talking about is a friend of Huw Davies, so you could ask him/facebook stalk her

Not that I'm not a stalker - if I was willing to confess to your college dad how much time I spend on TSR, I could quite easily ask what his college daughter was called *laughs evily*

ReputationRep:
    No, my real name is far more mundane :p: However, I believe the Athena you're talking about is a friend of Huw Davies, so you could ask him/facebook stalk her

Not that I'm not a stalker - if I was willing to confess to your college dad how much time I spend on TSR, I could quite easily ask what his college daughter was called *laughs evily*
    lol, that is if he remembers what I'm called :tongue:. Aha, I could do. I'm just constantly amazed by Oxford people that I add on FB who turn out to be lifelong friends of people I went to primary school with. It's very strange.
    One of my friends from primary school called me yesterday and said she went to see her cousin in Edinburgh, and he's friends with one of my friends from school.

Conclusion: The world is small and it scares me :grin:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol, that is if he remembers what I'm called :tongue:. Aha, I could do. I'm just constantly amazed by Oxford people that I add on FB who turn out to be lifelong friends of people I went to primary school with. It's very strange.
    One of my friends from primary school called me yesterday and said she went to see her cousin in Edinburgh, and he's friends with one of my friends from school.

Conclusion: The world is small and it scares me :grin:
    It never happens with my friends from primary school (fairly sure I'm the only person in the three/four years either side of me), or my friends from school - but I see it quite often amongst other Oxford's peoples friends. And you can play it on an academic level (ie. you ask one academic if they know anyone else in a vaguely related field and you'll get "oh yes, I'm godfather to her kids" or "Yes, I remember very well when he threw someone at me in my first lab meeting...", regardless of what universities the two of them are at now). So yes, the world is a small place!

OOh, are you watching Mistresses? I'm rewatching the first series because I'm missing the lack of Siobhan/Dominic and Katie/Sam action. Although Dan and the guy in the bar from the new series are both quite good, they're a bit too old to fancy properly...

ReputationRep:

OOh, are you watching Mistresses? I'm rewatching the first series because I'm missing the lack of Siobhan/Dominic and Katie/Sam action. Although Dan and the guy in the bar from the new series are both quite good, they're a bit too old to fancy properly...
    Oooh, what is this of which you speak? I don't believe I've heard of it. I'm onto 7x21 of X-Files, so I'll probably give up soon when they relegate Mulder to the 'you cost too much to hire' pile. I also watched a terrible episode of House last night. Doctor suddenly develops cancer, suddenly gets radiation, suddenly the tumour's gone and she's fine (in the space of less than a week). Yes, well, quite. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, what is this of which you speak? I don't believe I've heard of it. I'm onto 7x21 of X-Files, so I'll probably give up soon when they relegate Mulder to the 'you cost too much to hire' pile. I also watched a terrible episode of House last night. Doctor suddenly develops cancer, suddenly gets radiation, suddenly the tumour's gone and she's fine (in the space of less than a week). Yes, well, quite. :dry:
    I've started watching House again, as of yesterday. I'm an addict, and I just can't help it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    I've started watching House again, as of yesterday. I'm an addict, and I just can't help it.
    I know! And the terrible thing is that the only reason I watch it now is to hate Wilson and track the House/Cuddy URST :tongue:.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Old series can be streamed from a number of well-known sites, new series started last night and is on iPlayer. It's basically four women and their tangled love lives, with lots of hunky guys.

ReputationRep:

Old series can be streamed from a number of well-known sites, new series started last night and is on iPlayer. It's basically four women and their tangled love lives, with lots of hunky guys.
    Sounds fun. I'm in the horrible position atm of all the books I need to read being on the Internet (and nowhere else), which means I can't watch TV whilst working :cry:. And I was just thinking about how this interpretation of the passage I'm reading in completely wrong...... then 10 pages in, she goes 'of course, this is in Book X, in Book V, the situation is completely differet'. :grr: Page of notes crossed out, screwed up, and BURNT. So fed up. :blah:.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fun. I'm in the horrible position atm of all the books I need to read being on the Internet (and nowhere else), which means I can't watch TV whilst working :cry:. And I was just thinking about how this interpretation of the passage I'm reading in completely wrong...... then 10 pages in, she goes 'of course, this is in Book X, in Book V, the situation is completely differet'. :grr: Page of notes crossed out, screwed up, and BURNT. So fed up. :blah:.
    what's with the whole books online thing? If I've got to read a book I want to hold it in my hand. This is the advantage of a book after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    what's with the whole books online thing? If I've got to read a book I want to hold it in my hand. This is the advantage of a book after all.
    I know! But the libraries seem to be of the opinion that if it's online, they don't have to stock it :dry:. Unimpressed to say the least :tongue:.

ReputationRep:
    I know! But the libraries seem to be of the opinion that if it's online, they don't have to stock it :dry:. Unimpressed to say the least :tongue:.
    You found a book that the mighty Bodleian doesn't have *anywhere*? :eek4:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.