Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    I did it in Word, but that's because I just wanted to get it over and done with straight away. I'll probably try and learn LaTeX for when we do the 2nd report next term which we actually get a specific mark for. Not because I think it will affect our mark, but because I definitely want to do my 4th year project in LaTeX so I figure I may as well practise at some point. Revision is seriously scaring me! No matter how much revision I do for collections, its never enough - I'm not the sort of person that can learn large amounts quickly! Oh well :-( I've decided that this Xmas I'm going to concentrate on my joint Astro-CMP paper and provided I do reasonably well in that I'll be happy. I'm going to revise Atomic & Nuclear as well, but provided I understand it, if I can't remember bits of it by next term, then I'm not going to be too worried.
    Yeah, ditto. I've no real desire to do it in LaTeX but I figure it's a useful skill for a physicist to have. I know what you mean about revision, though I only have the two (I don't have one on astro). I'm going to focus mainly on nuclear I think. I got so lost by that I actually haven't got a clue what is going on with it! Hopefully I can sort it out in my mind over Christmas.

On a different note, does anyone fancy 'fessing up as to who nominated me and Elles as a TSR couple for the awards? :hmmm: I'm assuming it was one of you lot :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    On a different note, does anyone fancy 'fessing up as to who nominated me and Elles as a TSR couple for the awards? :hmmm: I'm assuming it was one of you lot :p:
    :toofunny:

How do you find out who was nominated for what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

Clicky.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, can't really be all that surprised that Boo and I were nominated for couple of the year, or that both of us are in the "flirt of the year" category! (Am a little relieved that we didn't get enough nominations to get through to the voting stage though!)

Was gratified to find my name in the best male group though!

ReputationRep:
    Why Stu and Elles?! lol! I can get Sam and Boo, but not Stu & Elles (no offence guys!) :s

I only have two collections too Stu, but we're having a joint Astro/CMP one - I'm quite glad that we're having exam questions on everything as I think its a good idea. Nuclear confused me completely too - I stopped going to the lectures as I found they had a negative effect on my learning! I just want to get to grips with understanding it this Xmas, rather than learning all the proofs etc. Anyways, I'm going to go and read some CMP now.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a single couply nomination either...

ReputationRep:
    what a surprise....2+2=5 got in the list for comedian of the year :rolleyes:

how do we vote in this, btw?

(Edit:....i really should learn to read....found where i vote, sorry guys)

ReputationRep:
    WHAT?! How did I not know about this!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

you think I'm funny? :hmmm: :bandit:

and no, I can't work it out either :p:. Boo and Sam are rightfully on the list for their flirtatious activities, but me and Elles don't even talk a huge amount on TSR, let alone flirt :p:

Chloé --> I think continuing to go to the lectures was my mistake. I agree, it was anti-learning! It didn't help that we did the whole of nuclear in 2 tutorials so we've really not done a lot on it! Tbh I think astro is fairly ok for me anyway, so Im not really bothered that I don't have a collection on it.

Boo --> what did you not know :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't check the nominations because it didn't occur to me that I would be in them - it also didn't occur to me that any of you scandalous people would nominate Sam and I!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Well I didn't check the nominations because it didn't occur to me that I would be in them - it also didn't occur to me that any of you scandalous people would nominate Sam and I!
    :evil: hahaha!

Shame it didn't make the final vote :p:

ReputationRep:
    Chloé --> I think continuing to go to the lectures was my mistake. I agree, it was anti-learning! It didn't help that we did the whole of nuclear in 2 tutorials so we've really not done a lot on it! Tbh I think astro is fairly ok for me anyway, so Im not really bothered that I don't have a collection on it.
    Yeah I understand Astro, but I think there's quite a lot to learn and I know that B1's going to be my weakest paper come the summer so I want to make sure I thoroughly learn B3 so I can nail it and then I can concentrate on B1 later! I went to all the nuclear lectures apart from last 4 or so...wish I hasn't bothered with so many before hand...luckily my tutor's explained a few key concepts pretty well, but we haven't covered everything with him and I still can't do nuclear questions Grrrr....I hate all things atomic and nuclear related!

Can I also point out, Boo, that it wasn't me who nominated you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious as to who did nominate me- for all of the categories I'm in!

Seriously people, time to own up...

EDIT: Stu, I'm going to take that as an admission of guilt on your part! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to be allergic to envelopes do you reckon? Was talking to Mum on AIM while i did xmas cards and kinda uh lost the ability to breathe Stopped doing anything for a while cos uh breathing was sorta a priority and it got easier... started doing cards again and it restarted. Now kinda afraid to finish sealing envelopes

Also v pissed off @ our washing machine which hasn't spun and therefore all my clothes are SOPPING

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, ditto. I've no real desire to do it in LaTeX but I figure it's a useful skill for a physicist to have.
    This would be *so* much funnier if I didn't know that LaTeX was a programme

(Original post by sjuthani)
    EDIT: Stu, I'm going to take that as an admission of guilt on your part! :p:
    He's not the only one :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Yeah I understand Astro, but I think there's quite a lot to learn and I know that B1's going to be my weakest paper come the summer so I want to make sure I thoroughly learn B3 so I can nail it and then I can concentrate on B1 later! I went to all the nuclear lectures apart from last 4 or so...wish I hasn't bothered with so many before hand...luckily my tutor's explained a few key concepts pretty well, but we haven't covered everything with him and I still can't do nuclear questions Grrrr....I hate all things atomic and nuclear related!

Can I also point out, Boo, that it wasn't me who nominated you!
    Yeah, I suspect it will be my worst too, given we still have particle and SR still to come. I think I'm ok with atomic though, there's not really anything more than last year. I always follow the philosophy of turning a weakness into a strength in these situations, hence the reason for cramming lots of nuclear.

Sam --> Well Im innocent of all charges on this occasion. I nominated Blackhawk and wzz, seeing as they're getting married soon. You only have to get one nomination to appear on the full list, so its not surprising you're in a few. I mean take the me and Elles one! Although I still swear some people are playing silly devils given how many Im in for the final vote

Boo --> Of course its possible, you could be allergic to the glue. The simple answer is use something else to lick it/ stick it down. Actually the washing machine happened to a mate of mine last week. If his experience is anything to go by you're best off just rewashing the whole lot.

ReputationRep:
    Must be a bad week for washing machines, our has been broken for over a week now and college have still not fixed it :mad: I am seriously considering invading college to do my washing, it is getting to critical status now...only so many things you can handwash!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow everybody goes home and the Chat thread dies..... In a bid to get some more chat going, what are everybody's best memories from this term? For me it's been an incredibly up and down term so there aren't too many awesome ones that stand out, but finally having a drunken heart-to-heart and sorting everything out with a friend is a pretty good one. And going to see MUSE obviously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Wow everybody goes home and the Chat thread dies..... In a bid to get some more chat going, what are everybody's best memories from this term? For me it's been an incredibly up and down term so there aren't too many awesome ones that stand out, but finally having a drunken heart-to-heart and sorting everything out with a friend is a pretty good one. And going to see MUSE obviously!
    hmm... tricky question. For me it was the night at the cellar, our random evenings of playing cards and general comradeship and my evening at Wadham. Those were the fun bits. In terms of academics... superconductivity practical was gruelling but memorable, and the whole college giving me money thing was kind of satisfying.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hmm... tricky question. For me it was the night at the cellar, our random evenings of playing cards and general comradeship and my evening at Wadham. Those were the fun bits.
    As in, the evening with me and Rachael? Wow

Seeing some of my male friends looking like women on various occaisions; getting a really nice report from my anthropology tutor; the 9 am walks to lectures with the biologists; nailing front somersaults and being asked to start training for the trampolining team; realising Wadham really is home.

Bad points are stats as an unhappy blur; nearly falling asleep in some lectures and sleeping through others; getting soaking wet walking to lectures until I didn't have any clean jeans; and being sick on teh way to see my friend in Cambridge.

Not too bad for my first term!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.