Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Well you know they don't pick the best teams right? They pick a couple who they think will do very well, one in the middle, and one that will bomb out early. Otherwise it would be an Oxbridge walkover and nobody would watch!
    Are you joking or serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Oh, and wooooooooooooooooooooo Corpus!)

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7906727.stm
    She seems nicer in this than on the show actually

Haven't watched the final yet but I'm guessing I know the outcome...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaffy)
    Are you joking or serious?
    Of course I'm serious! It's very rare for a non-Oxbridge team to win as it is. It probably applies for other universities too, but certainly for Oxford teams they're completely honest about the fact that they're not picking the four best teams from trials; they're picking a selection.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, there's a lot of tsr bile about it.

(and Bekaboo, that's interesting, how d'you know this? I seem to be very in the dark about the whole dirty underbelly of university challenge.)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    RAWR! The crappy X-Files people did NOT just kill off The Lone Gunmen. They did not!

Note: They did, but they should have been crucified for it.

Second Note: You might cause more carnage if you attempted to go trampolining drunk?
    Your college dad just totally derailed my work plans for the night by turning up and making me forget I should have been essaying, not chatting to him :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Your college dad just totally derailed my work plans for the night by turning up and making me forget I should have been essaying, not chatting to him :mad:
    chatting, eh?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    chatting, eh?

There was a shoulder massage, but that's because he knows I'm broken and that massage is good for bursitis :p: Roll on the wpolo and Magdalen crew dates and actually chatting people up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Of course I'm serious! It's very rare for a non-Oxbridge team to win as it is. It probably applies for other universities too, but certainly for Oxford teams they're completely honest about the fact that they're not picking the four best teams from trials; they're picking a selection.
    Fair enough... our best people may be crap compared to other colleges anyway so we might still have a shot! Altho I did a quick google and apparently they look at over 150 teams, that is a lot!

ReputationRep:

There was a shoulder massage, but that's because he knows I'm broken and that massage is good for bursitis :p: Roll on the wpolo and Magdalen crew dates and actually chatting people up...
    I want a crew date
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I want a crew date
    Just find a team and set them up on a crew date with the Assassins. Or come up with a drinking society made up of your male friends, and pick a women's boat at another college.

ReputationRep:

omg im gona be so inappropriate with the wpolo guys. i did really hurt my groin at varsity and it totally needs massaging. preferably with someone's ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    I got told by my tutor that I should try and do more reading..... than the 4 books & 2 articles that are the norm. Hmm. I'm not giving up precious TV time for that! :tongue:

I have to go shopping tomorrow to make endless supplies of pancakes. I had a dream about pancake-making when I had a nap earlier. Must be a subliminal annual reminder :grin:.
    I meant to say, vis-a-vis the discussion we had the other day about boiling potatoes and eggs in one's kettle, yesterday I cooked RAVIOLI in my kettle. It worked fine, although I had the devil's own job cleaning the damn thing afterwards. And that's despite the bottom of my kettle being completely flat (i.e. no bendy element thing). Still, minimum effort as I don't have to leave my room :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just find a team and set them up on a crew date with the Assassins. Or come up with a drinking society made up of your male friends, and pick a women's boat at another college.
    That's a disturbingly good idea. Assassins are both genders though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Teebs)
    That's a disturbingly good idea. Assassins are both genders though.
    Either you organise it only with male Assassins, or you find a mixed team (say, mixed lax), or ask a team to bring some friends of the opposite sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    I meant to say, vis-a-vis the discussion we had the other day about boiling potatoes and eggs in one's kettle, yesterday I cooked RAVIOLI in my kettle. It worked fine, although I had the devil's own job cleaning the damn thing afterwards. And that's despite the bottom of my kettle being completely flat (i.e. no bendy element thing). Still, minimum effort as I don't have to leave my room :yep:
    You do realise you can cook ravioli just by soaking it in a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes?! No mush to clear out of kettle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    You do realise you can cook ravioli just by soaking it in a bowl of boiling water for a few minutes?! No mush to clear out of kettle!
    Really? So it doesn't have to be constantly boiling? Groovy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    Really? So it doesn't have to be constantly boiling? Groovy!
    Nope! Definitely works with the Sainsbury's chilled stuff... I had it for dinner!

ReputationRep:
    Either you organise it only with male Assassins, or you find a mixed team (say, mixed lax), or ask a team to bring some friends of the opposite sex.
    Two of our top 3 positions for this year are occupied by females, we're diverse we are :cool:

ReputationRep:
    or he could do a real thing and go on a swap with them

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.