Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayfly)
    Ugh, I have no idea what Machiavellian scheme St John's used to get an obvious bump overturned (well, appealing it after the deadline for appeals once all the witnesses had gone, for a start), but frankly I think they should take their Karl Rove-esque genius into politics.
    Why did the judges not just tell them 'no' if the deadline had passed? Bribery? I suppose they are the richest college :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Why did the judges not just tell them 'no' if the deadline had passed? Bribery? I suppose they are the richest college :tongue:
    I have no idea. It is generally accepted by everyone except their coach that they did not bump Hertford and therefore were not out of the race at the time. Apparently, however, Balliol sending them into the bank also does not qualify as a bump.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. Rowing. I spent the day returning for JCR elections, where the main poll on whether we should carry on having Sky got invalidated, and now we have to re-poll. Nobody's fault really, just meant a long, long day, for not much return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Ugh. Rowing.
    +one bajillion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Rate my leet txtspk:

On a particularly annoying Oxbridge thread some nice fellow was coming along and being rather unpleasant to those members that told the OP to use proper grammar so I composed the following response for him. unfortunately the thread was deleted (of course this was right and proper and I make no complaint). Anyway I can't be sure that my use of his language was sufficiently accurate and so I ask you to check my work and make sure that language skills have not become rusty since I moved to the hallowed halls of Oxford:

Yh, lik whts ur prblm vn? cummin here n insltng r 1337 OX! Cru lyk! Dis is r hood n u nt welcum here so gtfo. Booyakasha!!1!11 els il gt me homies on u cos i is hardcor innit

Many thanks.
    this just makes you sound really racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably not)
    this just makes you sound really racist
    Does it I'll get rid of it then.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Urgh. Only just got up. Was supposed to be out of bed and working by 8.30am but I couldn't do it and kept going back to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Urgh. Only just got up. Was supposed to be out of bed and working by 8.30am but I couldn't do it and kept going back to sleep
    I was meant to go to yoga then to watch the old boys' match but despite very little sleep in the last few days I couldn't get to sleep til 3am then for some unknown reason woke up at 4.30 feeling wide awake and couldn't fall asleep again for about an hour! So I just woke up properly. Oooops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    I was meant to go to yoga then to watch the old boys' match but despite very little sleep in the last few days I couldn't get to sleep til 3am then for some unknown reason woke up at 4.30 feeling wide awake and couldn't fall asleep again for about an hour! So I just woke up properly. Oooops.
    I can sympathise. Right. Now I shall go shopping so I don't die of malnutrition, then finally do some laundry. Then do all my reading.

On a more interesting note, how fun is the steam that comes out of New College on Holywell? It always smells like laundry! Mmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I promised myself Id be in the sackler at 11am. I'm sat in a towel and haven't had breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one being spectacularly unproductive!!

ReputationRep:
    Ditto that. I came back here to go to the library. So, naturally, I'm sitting at my desk eating a banana and watching Doctor Who.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a politics revision class at 11am.

ReputationRep:
    stop lying to yourselves about getting things done on weekends.

ReputationRep:
    I am still in bed! And the stupid thing is, I have loads on this weekend but none of it is work! Moving is effort tho, tis true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by probably not)
    stop lying to yourselves about getting things done on weekends.
    I'm going to put my shoes on and buy food, otherwise I'll spend another weekend eating whatever's left in my food store. At the moment, that's cheesy M&S crackers, and blackcurrant jam.

I also ran into my tutor from last term yesterday. He wants to have a meeting about why I didn't hand in some essays LAST TERM. I knew I should have hidden.

ReputationRep:
    Have to finish writing a magazine, but sleep is SO GOOD. I missed it so much.

ReputationRep:
    I just found out that my college daughter also applied for my PhD at Bristol... We only realised because she received a letter address to Bekaboo and mentioned it to my tutor who said it was funny because he had written me a reference too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I hate the randomness of my Friday nights. Sometimes we all pub after work and pub turns into dinner, and then cocktails. Sometimes by half 6 everyone wants to go off home. Grrr
    I so agree with this. I want to have a Friday night tradition, something I can look forward to and use an an excuse to have to leave on (semi) time, and preferably for that tradition to involve nice food and drink.

ReputationRep:
    omg oxford is awful today. stupid torpids. folly bridge is like a bike park.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.