Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I finished Zusak's The Book Thief t'other day. Sooo good, but soooo sad :cry:. I think it's the end of Remains of the Day, then A Thousand Splendid Suns up next.

Boo hoo. Doctor's given me steroids, 6 a day for the next week 'unless you want to be in hospital', so my eyes are currently out on stalks, I'm jittery as hell, and if past experience is anything to go by, there will be precious little sleep this week. This is doing absolutely no good for the work.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i've read a non course book since last term - not sure if i even read any in the vac. in the last 3/4 days i've read brave new world, 1984 and a clockwork orange though, but i really didn't need that much dystopia all at once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    I prefer iplayer, it uses the brain less.
    I did watch an episode of Arthur on iplayer before lectures this morning....it's one of the most amazing children's shows EVER!

(Original post by MrsCarrothead)
    Evil bronchitis + steroids....
    Sorry about the bronchitis :console: That's not much fun.

I have 2 tutes and a pharmacology practical (I think) today....argh....also need to sort out the insomnia. In between the million and one appointments I have for my knee. And the revision I should be doing for 9th week.....:rolleyes:
    The next few weeks are going to be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I did watch an episode of Arthur on iplayer before lectures this morning....it's one of the most amazing children's shows EVER!

Sorry about the bronchitis :console: That's not much fun.

I have 2 tutes and a pharmacology practical (I think) today....argh....also need to sort out the insomnia. In between the million and one appointments I have for my knee. And the revision I should be doing for 9th week.....:rolleyes:
    The next few weeks are going to be fun!
    You have to do practicals for the pharmacology option? Mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    You have to do practicals for the pharmacology option? Mental.
    This one involves a bit of rat uterus I think, there's also a ferret video and one they've cancelled again for this year that's all about the metabolism and excretion of aspirin.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to be a Brookes student next year. Oooer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I'm probably going to be a Brookes student next year. Oooer.
    I trust you'll continue to spam here, however?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    !
    I ADORE Arthur . It's just so..... psychedelic. I particularly like their teacher. What is he supposed to be? A rat? Oooh, and the random, guitar-playing moose that they comment on...

Lol this is verging on chemchat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Lol this is verging on chemchat.
    Went to check out chemchat. Was disturbed by the 'interestingness' of your lives, and left hurriedly :tongue:.

Anybody else tried Google Chrome? I'm using it today, and I have to say, I'm rather impressed. Not so customisable as FF, but wow it's fast. And it doesn't keep glitching like the Windows Safari.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Went to check out chemchat. Was disturbed by the 'interestingness' of your lives, and left hurriedly.

Anybody else tried Google Chrome? I'm using it today, and I have to say, I'm rather impressed. Not so customisable as FF, but wow it's fast. And it doesn't keep glitching like the Windows Safari.
    In what way is it fast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    In what way is it fast?
    Loads pages a lot faster than IE or FF. I personally like FF, but find it to clog up its profiles so fast that after a month or so without reinstalling it becomes so buggy, I'd be just as well off running IE. Could be the add-ons, of course, but personally I can't live without Opendownload or .pdf readers.

And it runs much faster as a program. I mean it runs on 38000KB rather than the 300,000 of FF.

Oooh, and it does this cool thing where when you type the beginning of a site, it comes up with it (I presume in the same way it searches) even if you haven't been there before. It's fun .

ReputationRep:
    I ADORE Arthur . It's just so..... psychedelic. I particularly like their teacher. What is he supposed to be? A rat? Oooh, and the random, guitar-playing moose that they comment on...
    Ahh yeah I just rediscovered Arthur last week and ended up watching til 3am... impressive when the episodes are only 12mins long!

ReputationRep:
    Went to check out chemchat. Was disturbed by the 'interestingness' of your lives, and left hurriedly :tongue:.

Yep Chrome is what I use at home. Don't like FF and couldn't keep using IE after the security scares. And I like the way it keeps your most used pages on the home page

I barely ever read as an undergrad apart from e.g. after exams. Am LOVING that I now have time to

ReputationRep:
    Hm. I've installed Chrome but not used it much. Maybe I'll try using it some more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I trust you'll continue to spam here, however?
    Well my reasons for wanting to go there are, it's pretty good for the course, it's cheaper than London and I get to keep bumming round Oxford for another year, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Well my reasons for wanting to go there are, it's pretty good for the course, it's cheaper than London and I get to keep bumming round Oxford for another year, so yes.
    I don't understand. I thought you were already doing a course here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I don't understand. I thought you were already doing a course here.
    I'm at Oxford now and am a finalist and I'm planing to do a year of postgrad at Oxford Brookes.

ReputationRep:
    where can I buy a cheap phone?

ReputationRep:
    ebay?

(how cheap?)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.