Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhh Unilever summer placement scheme applications have just opened! And I've just looked at application form and it has lots of scary competancy questions that I can never do!

*cries* Does anyone else ever wish they were back in nursery as a 4yr old when everything else seemed sooo much easier!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, save a copy of your application form - I've found a lot of use in copying and pasting answers to roughly similar competancy questions up until now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    *cries* Does anyone else ever wish they were back in nursery as a 4yr old when everything else seemed sooo much easier!!!!
    All the time. Why are "simple" things like form-filling actually really hard?

ReputationRep:
    Form-filling in is impossible!!!! I really have no idea what to write at all to most of these questions! Will, I'm going to be emailing you very soon begging you for help! I *really* want the internship with Unilever and I know I'd be good at the job if only I could get to the interview stage

ReputationRep:
    Yes I don't usually, but for the last 3 months or so, I've just had little imputice to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Form-filling in is impossible!!!! I really have no idea what to write at all to most of these questions! Will, I'm going to be emailing you very soon begging you for help! I *really* want the internship with Unilever and I know I'd be good at the job if only I could get to the interview stage
    Sure, just let me know

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhh Unilever summer placement scheme applications have just opened! And I've just looked at application form and it has lots of scary competancy questions that I can never do!

yup, I had an application form to BT on the go for a fortnight because I couldn't think what on earth to put for the competency questions and I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole. Thankfully I sent the damn thing off on Sunday.

Procrastination is so addictive it's dangerous!

ReputationRep:
    Ah...varsity match was fun (if, may I add, terribly refereed...) still - the best action was the singing which a little pack of 6 of us started up on many an occasion - great days!

ReputationRep:
    I need a doctor's appointment - but I don't know who my doctor is. Or what the number is *coughs more*

I'll keep my 2000th post in an Oxford thread, for good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a fire in the sky)
    Ah...varsity match was fun (if, may I add, terribly refereed...) still - the best action was the singing which a little pack of 6 of us started up on many an occasion - great days!
    Did you go and see it? Oxford lost didn't they I started off watching it in the queen's JCR, and then loads of current students came out of nowhere to watch it too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I need a doctor's appointment - but I don't know who my doctor is. Or what the number is *coughs more*
    In Oxford? You might well be registered with Dr Gancz like Lincoln (he might do all the turl St colleges?)...his surgery is in King Edward St which is just by Oriel Square. If it is, then let me know and I can give you his phone number. You could try asking the porters for the college doctor's number?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You could also be registered at one of the Beaumont Street practices. Does the college nurse come in in 10th week?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very glad I've never been ill enough to need to see a Doctor in Oxford, we're registered with Summertown health centre, which is at least 20-30min walk. Not something I'd enjoy when ill I'm sure!

ReputationRep:
    In Oxford? You might well be registered with Dr Gancz like Lincoln (he might do all the turl St colleges?)...his surgery is in King Edward St which is just by Oriel Square. If it is, then let me know and I can give you his phone number. You could try asking the porters for the college doctor's number?
    Nah this is back where my parents live - but since they moved here during my A-levels and I stayed in Newbury I never bothered sorting out things like doctors and it all gets very confusing when I come back here and don't know anything Eventually found a phone number online which turned out to be their emergency line and they were none too pleased when I phoned it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    Did you go and see it? Oxford lost didn't they I started off watching it in the queen's JCR, and then loads of current students came out of nowhere to watch it too!
    Yep...they played better though, and Cambridge were awarded two dubious trys, so hardly a satisfying game, but what can you do...

ReputationRep:
    Can sympathise with you Stu. I had to go and see an osteopath in Summertown, way past Ewert House, 3times during last term and its a long cycle ride (particularly when you have a bad back...yes I know I could have got the bus!)!!!

Hope you got the doctor's sorted Boo.

ReputationRep:
    Can sympathise with you Stu. I had to go and see an osteopath in Summertown, way past Ewert House, 3times during last term and its a long cycle ride (particularly when you have a bad back...yes I know I could have got the bus!)!!!

Hope you got the doctor's sorted Boo.
    Well, it's not really a problem as I've never had to go. I just hope I never do! A bus would probably have been more sensible if you do have a bad back. It's not that expensive as I recall (£1?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I did - she then turned up for surgery 45 mins late so even though I was her first patient of the afternoon the wait was uh massive... she also prescribed me antibiotics without mentioning it would interfere with the pill which led to a slightly hilarious exchange with the elderly pharmacist while i tried to explain that this wasn't a problem since despite living in chav-town central I wasn't in need of contraceptives...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.