ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    TRANSLATION!

:tongue:
    I was going to say that :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on a crew date tomorrow. Woo! I have the feeling this will turn out to be a huge mistake.

(Original post by Athena)
    Naughty naughty, do not self-swear-filter, mes enfants.
    Why not (genuinely curious)?

ReputationRep:
    I think, although I didn't see the post pre-editing, because TSR wants to block swearing completely (so they don't get blocked from schools etc) so people putting stars instead of hte vowels in swear words doesn't help.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wot Boo said :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Step 1 : Stay away from ill people.

Step 2 : Go to pharmacy and buy some difflam spray or some dequacaine. You will thank me later.
    What have you got me into? The pharmacist was very reticent about giving it to me... is it bad?! :eek3:

Temperature is on the way up again, but have to go out in 30 mins... Time to throw clothes on

(Original post by Bekaboo)
    What have you got me into? The pharmacist was very reticent about giving it to me... is it bad?! :eek3:

Temperature is on the way up again, but have to go out in 30 mins... Time to throw clothes on
    reluctant to give*

ReputationRep:
    ret⋅i⋅cent
    –adjective
    1. disposed to be silent or not to speak freely; reserved.
    2. reluctant or restrained.

Although it's not like anyone cares how we write on a chat thread...

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, balliol 75p shot + mixer does not sound good.

ReputationRep:

No no, it's very good. Strong too, which you may need, especially post-singing.

Source: My mum's owned a pharmacy since I was born .

ReputationRep:

Dequacaine got me through the acute bits of my chronic tonsilitis - it's amazing! Can't vouch for difflam though.
    Hope you feel better soon....

I look like a drowned rat. It's not even funny. I have backpack marks on my tshirt because the bit the straps covered is the only dry bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morbo)
    reluctant to give*
    :haughty: I like gerunds :haughty:

(Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    Dequacaine got me through the acute bits of my chronic tonsilitis - it's amazing! Can't vouch for difflam though.
    Hope you feel better soon....

I look like a drowned rat. It's not even funny. I have backpack marks on my tshirt because the bit the straps covered is the only dry bit!
    I ended up only getting the difflam because the pharmacist scared me with her questions... All the same I do feel a bit like going wth?! I had tonsilitus/pharyngitus/sinisitus (aka glandular fever with extras) for SIX WEEKS and I had to double dose on ibuprofen because without it my throat closed up too much for me to swallow the next dose. WHY did nobody tell me I could just buy stuff like this over the counter?! Not that I could have gone myself but I so would have bribed my sister...

ReputationRep:
    argh have been procrastinating since about 6, having started work at 3something... pretty much given up on being able to go to Park End tomoro

ReputationRep:
    :haughty: I like gerunds :haughty:

I ended up only getting the difflam because the pharmacist scared me with her questions... All the same I do feel a bit like going wth?! I had tonsilitus/pharyngitus/sinisitus (aka glandular fever with extras) for SIX WEEKS and I had to double dose on ibuprofen because without it my throat closed up too much for me to swallow the next dose. WHY did nobody tell me I could just buy stuff like this over the counter?! Not that I could have gone myself but I so would have bribed my sister...
    You know it's only a shop rule that they won't let you buy stuff if you're under a certain age? I'm pretty sure (hopefully, considering I myself have done this) that you can serve to whoever you like so long as it's over-the-counter. If you go to any half decent chemist and tell them about your terrible throat, they'll recommend this stuff. It's the first thing I recommend and I'm not even qualified :tongue:.

ReputationRep:
    wooo I didn't get drunk and I came home early... I'm so cool
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hmmm: to start work now, or to sleep and try and get up at stupid o'clock to do it? Decisions, decisions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Hmmm: to start work now, or to sleep and try and get up at stupid o'clock to do it? Decisions, decisions...
    Personally I'm doing work now AND getting up at stupid o'clock, because someone failed to inform our International Relations tutor that non-science folk don't DO tutorials at 9:30. And it'll take me half an hour of wheezing to get there. Joy. Oh! Must charge iPod.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Personally I'm doing work now AND getting up at stupid o'clock, because someone failed to inform our International Relations tutor that non-science folk don't DO tutorials at 9:30. And it'll take me half an hour of wheezing to get there. Joy. Oh! Must charge iPod.
    My tute partner used to have individual tutes at 8am last year :eek3:

See, I would try and do the work now AND get up at stupid o'clock, but there have been many occasions where I've failed to wake up again

The awful thing is that I could probs get away with going to this tute having done no work, because I'm ill (and look pretty ill apparently!) and the tutor is so nice, but I'd feel really mean...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    My tute partner used to have individual tutes at 8am last year :eek3:

See, I would try and do the work now AND get up at stupid o'clock, but there have been many occasions where I've failed to wake up again

The awful thing is that I could probs get away with going to this tute having done no work, because I'm ill (and look pretty ill apparently!) and the tutor is so nice, but I'd feel really mean...
    I haven't written either essay for a double tute tomorrow, but I have done reading and have read the others' essays (because she makes us present each others), and once she hears my cough, she shouldn't hate me too much. I miss my nice tutors who didn't care if I handed my essays in . Really not looking forward to a meeting next week about last term's work. I still don't know what he wants me to say...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I haven't written either essay for a double tute tomorrow, but I have done reading and have read the others' essays (because she makes us present each others), and once she hears my cough, she shouldn't hate me too much. I miss my nice tutors who didn't care if I handed my essays in . Really not looking forward to a meeting next week about last term's work. I still don't know what he wants me to say...
    What does a double tute mean? Is that one tute but twice the length?!?! You're much more ill than I am, so I'm sure your tutor can't possibly ignore your cough and hate you!

Try not to worry about the meeting too much. If they were gonna chuck you out or issue a serious warning, they'd have done so much earlier

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.