The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8680
tarnishedpenny
You realise that's kind of futile because there's a mediumish number of us who can read it anyway :p:
And....can you really be coy about facebook when you wrote that accursed message on my wall (seriously.....*very* hard to explain away!)?!

Damnit, karma. And sorry* again about that...

*note: may not actually be sorry, because it was FUNNY
Mrs Carrothead
Who, which, where, why? Add me if you like, I am relatively friendless :frown:. I tried FB stalking you, but got bored. Once it gets to cross-referencing, you really have to stop and examine your life :biggrin:.

2 mutual friends Ms. Clarke
Turdburger

Great, now everyone on the entire Internet knows my first and last names, and where I live. :tongue: I'm coming to learn that mutual friends are somewhat unsurprising.... especially since I expect yours are Maria and Sema.
Hey guys, sorry to intrude, but I have a friend's birthday coming up and I want to send her something, but don't want to ask her address since she'll know why!
She goes to Hertford (1st year)
I'm guessing the address is something like:
Name
Hertford College
Catte Street
Oxford
OX1 3BW
Or do I have to put something else too?
Mrs Carrothead
Great, now everyone on the entire Internet knows my first and last names, and where I live. :tongue: I'm coming to learn that mutual friends are somewhat unsurprising.... especially since I expect yours are Maria and Sema.

Both wrong. One at BNC and one at Oriel.
Couldxbe
Hey guys, sorry to intrude, but I have a friend's birthday coming up and I want to send her something, but don't want to ask her address since she'll know why!
Name
Hertford College
Catte Street
Oxford
OX1 3BW

Thats fine.
Couldxbe
Name
Hertford College
Catte Street
Oxford
OX1 3BW

Yep that's fine - actually, a friend of mine once sent me a letter to (literally)
Boo
Jesus
Oxford

No last name, no post code, not even a Jesus COLLEGE. And I got it :smile:
Turdburger

3. All TSRers.
Reply 8688
I have RL friends with Mrs Carrothead, because I spend/spent too much time at Oriel.
tarnishedpenny
I like facebook stalking! :smile:
I don't like lectures that are cancelled without prior warning.

The really stupid thing is that I think Churchill actually sent me an email with the rescheduled timetable on it, yet I still forgot and went along...
Even stupider thing: I said I'd do Thurs practicals, yet not only have a tute starting at quarter past 5 (which then also clashes with the lecture), but also have a reasonably formal FREE subject dinner that evening, with drinks starting at about half six. Woops. How long did the uteri take to do their stuff? Someone that did the course before gave me an estimated getting out time of 9pm!
rkd
Damnit, karma. And sorry* again about that...

*note: may not actually be sorry, because it was FUNNY

I saw that and put you straight on restricted profile. I meant to take you off when I thought you'd grown less dangerous, but can't actually figure it out. Do you just press the cross on the restricted list, or will that delete you entirely?
Reply 8691
I just broke the 10,000 word barrier :cool:
Reply 8692
ixivxivi
I saw that and put you straight on restricted profile. I meant to take you off when I thought you'd grown less dangerous, but can't actually figure it out. Do you just press the cross on the restricted list, or will that delete you entirely?

Ooh, try it. I'll re-add you if it does.
Reply 8693
rkd
Just now? It was indeed completely innocent, we were returning from the OFS having acquired six The Truth tickets for us and our friends. On which note, yay Pratchett.

I've just been to see that.
Athena
I've stupidly scheduled a 9.30am tutorial on Friday morning, when I have a much-anticipated crew date on Thursday night :puppyeyes:

I'm gona be drunk at that. If wadham porters let me in; I believe i was fairly threatening last time I saw them
Reply 8695
pf1
I've just been to see that.

Good?
Reply 8696
Athena
I just broke the 10,000 word barrier :cool:

Woo! :biggrin:

Does that mean you need to start pruning soon?
Reply 8697
cpchem
Woo! :biggrin:

Does that mean you need to start pruning soon?

Yep, I need to write my conclusion (which model do I like best? Argh, can't decide), and then I'll have to chop about 300 words, I predict - shouldn't be too hard. I've assigned myself a week for sprucing it up. Some of my friends are on 11,000 words already though, and that's without any discussion, just theories/data :s-smilie:

Minor moan - I wanted to celebrate hitting 10k/unwind before bed slightly with my flatmates, but all save one are out and he's got his new, sort-of potential girlfriend round, so I can't really go and interrupt him :hmpf:
Reply 8698
Athena
Yep, I need to write my conclusion (which model do I like best? Argh, can't decide), and then I'll have to chop about 300 words, I predict - shouldn't be too hard. I've assigned myself a week for sprucing it up. Some of my friends are on 11,000 words already though, and that's without any discussion, just theories/data :s-smilie:

Minor moan - I wanted to celebrate hitting 10k/unwind before bed slightly with my flatmates, but all save one are out and he's got his new, sort-of potential girlfriend round, so I can't really go and interrupt him :hmpf:

So the last ten thousand words haven't persuaded you one way or the other, then? Is that because all of the models are crap, or all convincing?
Reply 8699
rkd
Good?

I don't really like Pratchett, so yes, considering. :smile: One of my friends was in it so there was a big group of us there. Did you enjoy it?

Latest

Trending

Trending