Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Right. Press Ctrl, Alt, any arrow key other than up.

BE TERRIFIED AND AMAZED!

(the up arrow will cure it)
    Why would someone invent that? WHY? *gathers self*

But I'm totally going to get my colleague with it later on.

ReputationRep:
    AHA! I am awake! And I finished my essay with 2 minutes to spare, despite something terrifying happening.

BE TERRIFIED AND AMAZED!

Jesus!
    Hmm, this could be an extremely amusing way of freaking people out about their computers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    How's your back feeling today?
    Less good. Hence the not wanting to be awake

ReputationRep:
    AHA! I am awake! And I finished my essay with 2 minutes to spare, despite something terrifying happening.

BE TERRIFIED AND AMAZED!

What does that actually do, then?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Less good. Hence the not wanting to be awake
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    What does that actually do, then?
    It flips the display.....so ctrl, alt, down makes it go upside down etc.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    It flips the display.....so ctrl, alt, down makes it go upside down etc.....
    Ah, right.

Anyone with a mac, try Control-Alt-Command-8. Something different, but still weird.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, too scared to nap now, but tomorrow is a day of SLEEP. Unfortunately, I've watched everything I can think of, so it's a toss up between Sims and a book. Or I could discover a new television series. Any suggestions?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah, too scared to nap now, but tomorrow is a day of SLEEP. Unfortunately, I've watched everything I can think of, so it's a toss up between Sims and a book. Or I could discover a new television series. Any suggestions?
    Have you looked up season 1 of Damages? And are you watching Dollhouse?

Ooh, I was half-way through the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility last night. I'm going to go back to that

ReputationRep:
    90210 is suitably brain-numbingly trashy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    That film is actually so bad. I knew that it sounded naff, from the title and brief summary, but had high expectations just because I knew so many people, who I previously had half decent opinions of their taste, rated it so highly. But no, just naffness - no particular funniness or emotion and full of cliche. Am I missing something - was there some extra depth where the cliche transcended into some type of brilliant irony, that I've completely missed?
    I don't know about subtle irony, I just find it hilarious, as has just about everyone else I know who has seen it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Have you looked up season 1 of Damages? And are you watching Dollhouse?

Ooh, I was half-way through the BBC version of Sense and Sensibility last night. I'm going to go back to that
    I did try Damages.... then remembered why I only ever watch it at home where the Internet is so slow it hasn't encountered streaming yet, and when it hits 3am and Dave shuts down :tongue:.

Same goes for The Closer, which I always think is cloh ser (as in to), which always sounds a lot more interesting that clohzer (as in finishes the deal).

I am indeed watching Dollhouse. I wasn't so keen on the first episode, but I think it's showing promise. Apart from the fact that the way Eliza Dushku stands makes me want to hurt either her or my eyes, it's going well!

I might find a decent (haha) horror movie to watch. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Have found a film with John Simm and Philip Glenister in. Ah, I miss Life on Mars :cry:. And a variety of trashy horror films. Well I have a tute in an hour or so, then I'll buy jaffa cakes and pot noodles, then I shall watch trash. Perfect. Should get some alcohol too really. Pfft. Need to find driver's license.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am indeed watching Dollhouse. I wasn't so keen on the first episode, but I think it's showing promise. Apart from the fact that the way Eliza Dushku stands makes me want to hurt either her or my eyes, it's going well!

I might find a decent (haha) horror movie to watch. Any suggestions?
    Dollhouse needs more back story - more about 'the attic', and Alpha, and why Echo is showing signs of being self-aware. Also, we've hit episode 3 and Agent Ballard hasn't even met Echo yet! In Buffy, Angel was there right from the beginning, and Firefly had everyone mixed up together from episode 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Going with release at the end of 8th week again? Why on earth?
    Hopefully middle. Glad of it, actually, or we'd have missed the OSPL stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Dollhouse needs more back story - more about 'the attic', and Alpha, and why Echo is showing signs of being self-aware. Also, we've hit episode 3 and Agent Ballard hasn't even met Echo yet! In Buffy, Angel was there right from the beginning, and Firefly had everyone mixed up together from episode 1.
    I've just finished watching all of Firefly. Watched Serenity yesterday. It was sooooooooooo good. I think even better than Buffy. It makes me laugh out loud several times an episode. *stamps* I hate Fox. :cry:

My friend wants a Buffy marathon next term, though she claims she can only spare an hour a week. I have no idea what she DOES with her life, but I'm sure she can't be that busy!

Hee hee "I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark when he made Pearl Harbour" I love randomising my iTunes library. Now we're onto Supertramp. Was there ever a band with a better name? No. I didn't think so.

ReputationRep:
    omg I spent 2 hours in a library working. Simpkins helped me by sleeping on my bag.

ReputationRep:

BE TERRIFIED AND AMAZED!

I did that to my roomate in first year and it took him days to figure it out, i still remember him trying to type an essay with his laptop upside down...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear God year 8 french is dull...

ReputationRep:
    J'aime, tu aimes, il aime, nous aimons, vous aimez, ils aiment...

It'll be more fun if you replace aimer with baiser. That's what my old French teacher used to do. Made grammar lessons more fun for anyone in the know. Just don't try and get them to use it in a sentence... :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I have decided two things:

1) I shall decide upon a colour and post in that colour. It shall not be purple. That way, I can identify my own posts without having to read the **** I write.

2) I shall take to typing random lyrics of the song I'm listening to at the bottom of my posts. Mainly so I can sing along to them when I re-read.

I did find a carrot colour. Unfortunately, it hurt my eyes :cry:

Gimme, gimme shelter, or I'm gonna fade away...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.