Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_cane)
    Are you still dancing for cuppers?
    When was I ever dancing for cuppers?

I hate competition, it takes all the fun out of sportsy things (from my experience anyway).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    Were you in combibos this morning? :ninja:
    :eek:

Yes! Were you? How did you know it was me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is scary :ninja:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    Probably, she does spend rather a lot of time there :p:
    Not as much as the Tutor for Women :ninja:

:rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Internet connection went AGAIN!

Does this happen frequently at any college apart from Worcester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Internet connection went AGAIN!

Does this happen frequently at any college apart from Worcester?
    Nope, the other colleges conspire to regularly cut off your internet.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Nope, the other colleges conspire to regularly cut off your internet.
    :eek3: :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Yes! Were you? How did you know it was me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is scary :ninja:
    Psychic :p:
    No - I recognised you from the interviews booklet that I read when helping with the interviews this year. I was on the same bit as you (ie back wall) until I got bored after having been there for 2 hours and finished my book...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Psychic :p:
    No - I recognised you from the interviews booklet that I read when helping with the interviews this year. I was on the same bit as you (ie back wall) until I got bored after having been there for 2 hours and finished my book...
    Damn. It didn't occur to me when I volunteered for that booklet that people across the world would receive it and know what I look like! :redface: Were you the person to my left, working away furiously? I felt awful this morning (still kinda do), so I wasn't particularly with it. Not that I notice fellower Combibos people much in general. Aside from the Tutor for Women

ReputationRep:
    Damn. It didn't occur to me when I volunteered for that booklet that people across the world would receive it and know what I look like! :redface: Were you the person to my left, working away furiously? I felt awful this morning (still kinda do), so I wasn't particularly with it. Not that I notice fellower Combibos people much in general. Aside from the Tutor for Women
    No - I was the person to the left of her (I think :p: ) if you're talking about my friend with red hair wearing all black.
    People spotting is fun. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    When was I ever dancing for cuppers?

I hate competition, it takes all the fun out of sportsy things (from my experience anyway).
    Woops, I thought you were...sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I actually have NO idea what any of you are talking about. Not even an inkling.

Just watched The Reader. Great film! Incredibly depressing. Made me cry .
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No - I was the person to the left of her (I think :p: ) if you're talking about my friend with red hair wearing all black.
    People spotting is fun. :yep:
    I was talking about your friend with red hair. I didn't spot you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    I actually have NO idea what any of you are talking about. Not even an inkling.

Just watched The Reader. Great film! Incredibly depressing. Made me cry .
    Last year I agreed to be in the Interviews booklet, so I wrote a profile and had my picture taken. The major flaw in this is that I forgot that this makes me easily identifiable, so people I've never met know who I am and what I look like even if I don't see them! tarnishedpenny was in Combibos (a fairtrade coffee shop opposite Worcester/next to Gloucester Green coach station) today and spotted me! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Last year I agreed to be in the Interviews booklet, so I wrote a profile and had my picture taken. The major flaw in this is that I forgot that this makes me easily identifiable, so people I've never met know who I am and what I look like even if I don't see them! tarnishedpenny was in Combibos (a fairtrade coffee shop opposite Worcester/next to Gloucester Green coach station) today and spotted me! :eek:
    Aha. You had me lost at Combibos, but now I'm up to date . Living on the High Street, there's really no cause to walk that far for a coffee :tongue:. I only realised t'other day that there's an Animal shop in Gloucester Green. Oh dear.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mrs Carrothead)
    Aha. You had me lost at Combibos, but now I'm up to date . Living on the High Street, there's really no cause to walk that far for a coffee :tongue:. I only realised t'other day that there's an Animal shop in Gloucester Green. Oh dear.
    You're missing out with Combibos. It's Fairtrade, friendly, they serve things to you at your table! Plus they have amaaaazing hot chocolates and cooked breakfasts :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

I spend enough time there that some of them know me as the girl who'll stay there from 9 until 4/5 sometimes, others as the one who's permanently on crutches. They're awesome! And their special hot chocolate is sooooooo good!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :ditto:

I spend enough time there that some of them know me as the girl who'll stay there from 9 until 4/5 sometimes, others as the one who's permanently on crutches. They're awesome! And their special hot chocolate is sooooooo good!
    Wait, I did see you! :woo:

Hot chocolate supreme = :love: normally, except I've given up all forms of chocolate for Lent :cry:

ReputationRep:

Hot chocolate supreme = :love: normally, except I've given up all forms of chocolate for Lent :cry:
    Do they let you take out? Sounds like fun. Maybe I'll hang out there taking pictures until I identify all of you :ninja:.

EDIT: OPEN AT 7AM?! You have me sold. I shall be there at some point this week.

ReputationRep:

To be fair, if you asked the average TSR-er how they'd recognise tarnishedpenny, it would probably be the crutches :rolleyes: :tongue:

ReputationRep:

Let me guess......the crutches gave it away :p:
    You could always do the (mildly cheating) version of lent a lot of my friends used to do where you could do it on sundays. Then you could have chocolatey, marshmallowy goodness!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.