The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what's your twitter account? i keep updating mine with how much i hate essays and because some of my family read it they now think i'm doing much worse than i am.
tigrrmilk
what's your twitter account? i keep updating mine with how much i hate essays and because some of my family read it they now think i'm doing much worse than i am.

I'm mozartlover5 :smile:
Agrippina
I'm mozartlover5 :smile:

I need to make a list of who all of you are, because I'm losing track :tongue:. The only one I know is cpchem, because his name's vaguely related!
ah cool. i'm tambourine. i need to start making my updates less banal...
Mrs Carrothead
I need to make a list of who all of you are, because I'm losing track :tongue:. The only one I know is cpchem, because his name's vaguely related!

I should have thought when I signed up to make it the same as my TSR name, but ah well, maybe it's a good thing to have them separate :p:
Reply 8905
Dear Dr. So-and-So,

I honestly tried to care about this week's tute work, but it proved beyond me. This is, perhaps, unsurprising, given that it constitutes the dullest, most complex and least relevant part of the dullest, most complex and least relevant paper that I will be sitting next term. I hope this note will do in lieu of the work set - after all, we both know, and have come to accept, that I genuinely don't give a flying **** about your subject.

Best wishes etc.

Do you think I'll get away with it? So tempted...
cpchem
Dear Dr. So-and-So,

I honestly tried to care about this week's tute work, but it proved beyond me. This is, perhaps, unsurprising, given that it constitutes the dullest, most complex and least relevant part of the dullest, most complex and least relevant paper that I will be sitting next term. I hope this note will do in lieu of the work set - after all, we both know, and have come to accept, that I genuinely don't give a flying **** about your subject.

Best wishes etc.

Dermot would axe murder you
Reply 8907
Turdburger
Dermot would axe murder you

Except you'll note it's addressed to Dr. So-and-So, not Professor, so it's not actually to him...
cpchem
Dear Dr. So-and-So,

Best wishes etc.

You never know! Physical by any chance?! :p:

I'm currently just....argh.....I'm genuinely loking into potentially deferring and my tutor just wrote in my collections report that he expects me to get well over 70% in his collection paper next term and probably similar marks in the others. Seriously. Nervous breakdown in progress here.
/end rant
Reply 8909
tarnishedpenny

I'm currently just....argh.....I'm genuinely loking into potentially deferring and my tutor just wrote in my collections report that he expects me to get well over 70% in his collection paper next term and probably similar marks in the others. Seriously. Nervous breakdown in progress here.
/end rant

Deferring IA until next year?! Ouch... how seriously?
cpchem
Deferring IA until next year?! Ouch... how seriously?

Seriously enough to have actually spoken to one of them about it and the reasons are serious enough that they're happy to support me whatever I decide...
Sorry to interrupt your serious conversation, but.... anyone have any recommendations for lunch? Considering I said I'd go to Combibos, let's narrow it down to Combibos. Anyone have any recommendations for lunch at Combibos? Plus, Jamie's Italian is on the way, and I could always go there. Attempting to get a friend to be in a less **** mood, so decent food and lots of it is the way to go!

Edit: OH GOD! ARGH! Do Combibos people PROWL these forums?! I mention them, then they're there, FOLLOWING ME ON TWITTER. I'm officially scared. I'm going to hide behind my chair. Well mostly hide. The chair's not that big.
Mrs Carrothead
Sorry to interrupt your serious conversation, but.... anyone have any recommendations for lunch? Considering I said I'd go to Combibos, let's narrow it down to Combibos. Anyone have any recommendations for lunch at Combibos? Plus, Jamie's Italian is on the way, and I could always go there. Attempting to get a friend to be in a less **** mood, so decent food and lots of it is the way to go!

Edit: OH GOD! ARGH! Do Combibos people PROWL these forums?! I mention them, then they're there, FOLLOWING ME ON TWITTER. I'm officially scared. I'm going to hide behind my chair. Well mostly hide. The chair's not that big.

Combibos is quite expensive for lunch and I don't think Jamie's is worth the money, but that's just me :biggrin:
tarnishedpenny

/end rant

:eek: :frown: :console: :hugs: :smile:
Reply 8914
Tutor set us an essay outline to do and present on at 9pm last night for this afternoon. How is this in any way reasonable? Particularly when he was meant to have set it well before the class' original date of Friday?!
Mrs Carrothead

I think that might be cos I started following them on Twitter and maybe they looked down the list of people I was following?!
Teebs
Tutor set us an essay outline to do and present on at 9pm last night for this afternoon. How is this in any way reasonable? Particularly when he was meant to have set it well before the class' original date of Friday?!

:s-smilie:

Something similar happened to me in my first term here: got set an essay (with no title, suggested topics or reading list) to read for and complete within 36 hours. Complained to my JRF, who was very sympathetic. Complained to my main tutor, whose response was: "you know, we did warn you about this at the interviews"!

Um, no he didn't... :s-smilie:
Did someone mention Jamie's Italian? Because I went to Jamie's Italian, and it was really, really bad. Quite awful. If I'd have had to pay, I wouldn't have paid.

Just saying, in passing.

EDIT: who are these "Combibos people"?
2 5 +
Did someone mention Jamie's Italian? Because I went to Jamie's Italian, and it was really, really bad. Quite awful. If I'd have had to pay, I wouldn't have paid.

Just saying, in passing.

EDIT: who are these "Combibos people"?

Glad to find I'm not the only person who's not so keen on Jamie's Italian. Though when did you go? I went in the first fortnight after it opened and wasn't sure how much of the bad qualities could be attributed to the fact that they were probs still settling down :smile:
i probably will be- and of course i won't mention that i know you from the internet.

Latest