Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Hehe Boo, we should definitely meet up some time next term because its great to know that we're both quite similar! I mean, I hadn't thought of a solution to this "problem" but its nice to know that it irritates someone else (and I also know you're into music and stuff, so there's another similarity).
    Hehe definitely! I always find it quite amusing that we lived at adjacent colleges, we both know Caroline and Rebecca and Rachel (have encountered you on their facebooks ) and yet we've never met...

Anyways, I'm feeling merrier now, so hows everyone's vac going? Have you all got your Xmas shopping done?
    Mostly - I really need to find something extra for my Granny. I've got her the Jesus JCR tea-towel (think like the ones you had in primary school - it's adorable and the kind of thing she loves!) but obviously even though I know she'd prefer that to anything else I feel a bit stingy because it only cost me £5. Didn't do xmas presents with anyone in college this year except my tute partner / best friend who I went out to lunch with which has saved me a lot of hassle - also single again which saves so much bother! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Have been back for 2 days now but absolutely shattered! Went to a ball last night in leeds and didn't get to bed til 4 so I guess thats kind of my fault Trying to have a rest now as all the drinking of the past week hasn't helped my tonsillitis and now got a cold too, am actually gonna try and get some sleep. Have done all of my xmas shopping though, feeling quite smug about that cos I finished it over a week ago. Hope everyone is having fun at home!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is in any doubt that I'm procrastinating they should see the thread I just created and the bunch of wikis to go with it - I've got formatting coming out of my ears! Also if YOU'RE procastinating then go to the pesky applicant thread and fill in my questions

ReputationRep:
    'Tis a very good idea, and I really hope it makes a difference- but there are shed-loads of PPE applicants this year asking all sorts of stupid stuff when there's a whole thread dedicated to them, stickied at the top of the page!

Mini-rant over. I don't want to sound too harsh because I can't really remember what I was like this time last year (on TSR I mean- in reality, I was a nervous quivering wreck, and to be fair, I do still think waiting on that offer is the worst feeling in the world) and I'm pretty sure I asked a stupid question or two. Some of them do take the p*ss though.

Procrastination by going on crazy journeys across the country to see old friends is great! Am feeling quite poor now :p: Haven't even started Christmas shopping! Oh dear....

So with all my free time (vac work? What vac work? I don't do a really demanding degree do I?) I feel like actually organising that TSR meet-up now! The last plan flopped because my last 2 weeks of term were suddenly flooded with billions of things to get done (completed in my usual, half-arsed way- Sam-style! :p: ). Let's get something planned though. I'm thinking the same places (and maybe times?) as last time?

ReputationRep:
    I say same place, same time, different day because various people said that Mondays were bad last time and got over-ruled, so maybe give them a chance to come this time? How is Thursday for people?

ReputationRep:
    I'm procrastinating. Am in bed.

*Leaves before he's chased out by angry pitchfork weilding Oxen*

ReputationRep:
    Who left the door open, and let the tab get in? Come on, 'fess up!

ReputationRep:
    We can't really arrange a meet until people know what their timetables are going to be like...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just realised that. Bugger.

I feel like such a *******, but some of these applicants are annoying me so much, that I've found myself hoping particular people get rejected. Its not that they're worried sick with nerves, because I can understand that, but its specifically what they're saying and how much they're saying. I'm a bad person

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got to the stage of hoping they don't get in, yet. :p:

It does tend to get frustrating at this time of year, but it won't stay like this for much longer. Once all the offers are through then it should calm down.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you guys, there are definitely some I don't want to get in and others who I hope do! I don't think its that mean....do any of you (Elles?) remember Phil23 on here a couple of years ago (now at LMH but no longer evident on TSR!)?

ReputationRep:
    I remember Phil. Oh dear. It's not the constant threads that get to me (though they do a bit), it's that they expect an answer as if it's a right. If they ask a question and I answer it, that's me doing them a favour, they can't demand an answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I do hate the way they get totally irate - in many ways I'd rather have some of the generally unpleasant people (and we all know who I mean ) who at least make life interesting than the whiny applicants!

ReputationRep:
    STU!!!! Need your help. Did you go to the cosmo lectures? I'm reading through them and slide 14 of lecture 7 seems wrong to me, but I didn't correct it during the lectures so now I'm confused! I think he's got the inequality signs the wrong way round in the summary, but if you could take a look and just check before I learn something completely wrong that would be great! Also, surely when k=0, r=Rx? Thanks

Sorry everyone for spamming the chat thread with work, but with so many application threads I worried my little question would get lost!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I say same place, same time, different day because various people said that Mondays were bad last time and got over-ruled, so maybe give them a chance to come this time? How is Thursday for people?

I'm up for a meet-up. was so gutted i didn't make the last one i had a millions things on that night, as well as a mountain of work to get done. Monday was always a busy day for me, as were Thursdays...but im not 100% sure if they will be my busy days next term.
    Thursdays should be ok for me, as long as i don't leave all my work to the last minute (which, was the case for MT! :p:)

ReputationRep:
    *bumps*

Come om guys, we have to try and keep this thread on the first page and above all silly applicants threads!

I'd love to come to a meetup but not sure what days will be good for me until the rehearsal schedule for the Turl St Musical has been finalised and also when Secular Choir will be. So I probably won't know until 1st week or so. Anyways, would be great to meet some more of you as I feel like there are a lot of current TSR Oxons I don't know (god I feel old!)

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I keep trying but nobody wants to talk to me!! I'm also gonna keep on plugging the pesky applicant thread - I'm hard at work on the Wiki but you guys know the drill - the more information is on there, the less silly questions we get! I've started repping my way down the list and oooooo look at all my pretty gems you know you want some of your own Chloe suggested a list of societies available other than sport so if you get the urge please post them too (in a new post btw don't edit your old one as I've been removing all the info to a Word document and I won't read your old post again!!)

I went shopping today and bought uh nothing. Except a jumper, because... well tbh I miss wearing men's clothing so i've finally succumbed and just started buying it myself [/sad Boo] and a very early bday present (my bday isn't til April... but it's pretty )

ReputationRep:
    Also everybody should look @ bobin's facebook profile with it's currently slightly risque picture... saw it the other day when he wrote on Dave's wall and only just remembered who [bobin's real name] is...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who Bobin is! :confused:

I'll go and add info about drama etc at Lincoln to your Wiki thread

ReputationRep:
    Gah. I haven't done nearly enough revision and I'm getting worried about collections now. There's just so much to do it's difficult to know where to start.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.