Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    That's what we have as well (though I only have my three tutors there, plus the Senior Tutor). Luckily our Provost is seriously cool and these days just tends to talk about the termly concert, so it's not too bad
    This is a wild stab in the dark - but you're at Worcester right? Is your provost Robert Saxton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    It's times like these that I'm really glad I'm at Wadham, and that we don't bother with this stuff. I've only been to one Warden's collection all the time I've been here, the time I couldn't go (it clashed with a lecture), no one bothered to reschedule it.
    President's collections on Friday afternoon - gowning up and going and being told I haven't worked hard enough this term. Eugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    President's collections on Friday afternoon - gowning up and going and being told I haven't worked hard enough this term. Eugh.
    have you considered telling them that they don't have real jobs and to get out your face?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    This is a wild stab in the dark - but you're at Worcester right? Is your provost Robert Saxton?
    Yep, am at Woosta! My main tutor is Robert Saxton, but the Provost is Richard Smethurst! He's very cool :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    have you considered telling them that they don't have real jobs and to get out your face?
    That has suddenly become more tempting now that I have a job and have no need of further references and don't really need to do anymore tutorials, but in the end the acrimony is simply not worth the 15 minutes it would save me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Yep, am at Woosta! My main tutor is Robert Saxton, but the Provost is Richard Smethurst! He's very cool :yeah:
    Robert Saxton's an absolute legend. I used to work at the Music Faculty (in my gap year) and he knew i was really unhappy there and I would come in in the morning and find coffee and croissants on my desk from Cafe Loco from him!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Agrippina)
    Robert Saxton's an absolute legend. I used to work at the Music Faculty (in my gap year) and he knew i was really unhappy there and I would come in in the morning and find coffee and croissants on my desk from Cafe Loco from him!
    Aw, bless him! He can be quite sweet like that!

ReputationRep:
    This is now verging on the ridiculous... I can hardly move my back from the vertical without wanting to scream in agony... and even when vertical it kills.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I love how at Oxford, it's perfectly acceptable to discuss in tutorials (hypothetically) putting children in boxes and depriving them of language/morals/emotional development, to see what the results would be...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cpchem)
    This is now verging on the ridiculous... I can hardly move my back from the vertical without wanting to scream in agony... and even when vertical it kills.

Have you seen the doctor? My dad has been given some amazing painkillers for his back that I may steal...

ReputationRep:

Have you seen the doctor? My dad has been given some amazing painkillers for his back that I may steal...
    I have an appointment on Saturday morning.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    ok then it's settled.

I feel really bad about going out drinking and clubbing tonight because I just watched this thing about a 13 year old evangelical christian
    Really? I'm now watching it and thinking how scary she is, and what a shame it is that someone so obviously clever and articulate is being home-schooled. The bit about belonging to your father til he gives you away in marriage? Also creepy.

ReputationRep:
    i don't recommend getting up at quarter to three

ReputationRep:
    Really? I'm now watching it and thinking how scary she is, and what a shame it is that someone so obviously clever and articulate is being home-schooled. The bit about belonging to your father til he gives you away in marriage? Also creepy.
    It's probably just because I know I'm a terrible terrible person. All I ever do is sin.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by probably not)
    i don't recommend getting up at quarter to three

I only got out of my pyjamas at 7.15pm yesterday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Try a shot of morphine straight into the spine....

ReputationRep:
    I've started watching this program and it's making me twitchy with a combination of anger and horror.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I've started watching this program and it's making me twitchy with a combination of anger and horror.
    I could actually feel my blood pressure go up when they got onto the Creationist stuff. But that's always a good way to make me twitchy.

ReputationRep:
    I could actually feel my blood pressure go up when they got onto the Creationist stuff. But that's always a good way to make me twitchy.
    "I love science! I collect science textbooks! But the scientists are lying to you about the age of the world! About dinosaurs!"

*develops facial twitch*

The older son saying that when women flirt with him he finds it disgusting and runs away.

*facial twitch grows*

"My children don't need A levels or certificates to get into university."

*starts plotting door to door atheism*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Teebs)
    "I love science! I collect science textbooks! But the scientists are lying to you about the age of the world! About dinosaurs!"

*develops facial twitch*

The older son saying that when women flirt with him he finds it disgusting and runs away.

*facial twitch grows*

"My children don't need A levels or certificates to get into university."

*starts plotting door to door atheism*
    That got me. Her son is really clever, but he's at college in Buxton, because they'd take him on a vocational course without qualifications - if he were at a big university, he might have friends who offend his sensibilities less.

Also: "Dinosaurs lived in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve!" :toofunny:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.