Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    Woo neighbours! Until this term I never watched it in termtime, always fell back into it during the vacs and swore I'd get to the JCR to watch it every day and never did. But this last term i've been watching it on five on demand or whatever it's called... yay!
    I'm careful not to watch it in term, otherwise I'd end up watching it religiously. Then I'd realise how much I miss EastEnders and start on that too. Then I'd start on X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing, etc...

Neighbours is very good for the soul though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    On the plus side, have done quite a bit of research on my plan to escape Stateside. Even more importantly, I've watched 'Neighbours' for the first time in months today :yep:
    You do know Neighbours isn't set Stateside, right?

I generally hate Tuesdays but today was great. Just got back from a fantastic date. :woo:

(rhyme not intended)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pf1)
    You do know Neighbours isn't set Stateside, right?

I generally hate Tuesdays but today was great. Just got back from a fantastic date. :woo:

(rhyme not intended)
    :eek: :mad: :rofl:

I do indeed. Bullied my godfather until he took us on the 'Neighbours' tour when my sis and I went to Melbourne. We met Jackie Woodburne (Susan) and took lots of photos :woo: :woo: :woo:

This brings up a very good point about what to do about general TV watching if I end up Stateside...

Tuesdays do seem to be a 'meh' day in Oxford. When we first arrived, my tutor told us that it always rains on Tuesdays. She kinda had a point, seeing as that first year at least, we usually had to walk through the rain to get to her flat. One time I turned up drenched and she insisted that I wore one of her jumpers :eek:

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Helloooo?!

This thread's very quiet today... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo?!

This thread's very quiet today... :ninja:
    Maybe too quiet... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8t3...eature=related
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Maybe too quiet... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8t3...eature=related
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Maybe I should do this in orchestra next term. That would liven things up a bit :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Maybe I should do this in orchestra next term. That would liven things up a bit :rofl:
    You should have stopped posting after my post, then it would have been really creepy :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    You should have stopped posting after my post, then it would have been really creepy :p:
    Damn. I fail.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Damn. I fail.

:getmecoat:
    Well I'm currently failing at revision so off I go :p:

It would have been even better if you'd hit 'post' halfway through writing a response.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Well I'm currently failing at revision so off I go :p:

It would have been even better if you'd hit 'post' halfway through writing a response.
    I will bear all this in mind for the next time you decide to post freaky YouTube links (which I imagine may be fairly soon)... :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Everybody's gone home now
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Athena)
    :console: :hugs:

Oxford feels very weird during the hols. I got freaked out enough last holidays when I was helping out with the interviews and there were loads of candidates wandering around! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    :no:

At least I'm going home on saturday though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I can hardly complain, since I'm home too :p: But it's definitely why traffic has dropped off in here.

ReputationRep:
    I normally post more in the holidays because I've got less to do. Other people are weird.

ReputationRep:
    i know.

oh my god ipswich is the worst place ever, i got the bus in today and everyone looks like just living here is draining them of life. i need to get out. london on monday...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still here, and it's wonderful. All my alkie group of people are still here, on even more dubious grounds than me, and it's great. Weather is still :coma:. Does anyone know any way in which I can get paid enough/get free accomodation to justify staying in Oxford/anywhere not in Scotland for the summer? I've tried a couple of things, but I utterly fail at real-life interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    I'm still here, and it's wonderful. All my alkie group of people are still here, on even more dubious grounds than me, and it's great. Weather is still :coma:. Does anyone know any way in which I can get paid enough/get free accomodation to justify staying in Oxford/anywhere not in Scotland for the summer? I've tried a couple of things, but I utterly fail at real-life interviews.
    Summer project with someone in the biochem dept? Just try sending out a load of emails to various people...

ReputationRep:
    Wow... I have so completely whipped myself into revising it's unreal.

Begging for a summer project is probably the way forward, ixivxivi, although it might be a bit late to apply for funding now - I know the Nuffield deadline was in February last year, and I imagine the Wellcome Trust is similar. You really just want to find someone with a very rich research group
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah, Nuffield and Wellcome are both done. Although your if you college does academic grants, you could claim the extra lab experience was important.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.