Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by twistme)
    Oh dear, I was supposed to stay in and pack for France this evening and the only 'productive' thing I've done is paint my toenails.
    Painting one's toenails is very important :yep:

Whereabouts in France are you going?

I wanna go abroad :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Painting one's toenails is very important :yep:

Whereabouts in France are you going?

I wanna go abroad :cry:
    I now have 'coralicious' toenails :yep:

I'm going to Nice! On Saturday morning! Woo!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I now have 'coralicious' toenails :yep:

I'm going to Nice! On Saturday morning! Woo!
    Saturday morning?! Then you didn't need to spend today packing anyway then! That's what Friday is for :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm working all day tomorrow, and we're leaving at 6.30am

Google is pretty today.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm working all day tomorrow, and we're leaving at 6.30am

Google is pretty today.
    Eeeeek! That's ridiculously early! :eek:

I :love: 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. I forgot that book even existed until I was using it to teach English to French primary school kids :yep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My mum is questioning my insistence that my brain has felt like mush since the end of 7th week, as she feels that spending so much time on TSR must be turning my brain into mush, rather than the workload/annoying uni people... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    My mum is questioning my insistence that my brain has felt like mush since the end of 7th week, as she feels that spending so much time on TSR must be turning my brain into mush, rather than the workload/annoying uni people... :ninja:
    You let real world people know about TSR? I still fear trying to explain away knowing any of you lot :tongue:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cpchem)
    You let real world people know about TSR? I still fear trying to explain away knowing any of you lot :tongue:
    Not exactly: she asked around Christmas why I spend so much time on the Internet, so I was trying to explain that this is an academic ( :ninja: ) forum with a Medicine section (which my younger sis used a lot when she was applying for places) and an Oxbridge section and that I was waiting to see if any of the Woosta musos would make an appearance. She vaguely got what I was on about. I had to say something, otherwise I'd get another rant about why I'm not reading/practicing/doing useful things :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When Drogue was still a student, you could establish anyone, however random, as his friend, and anyone who knew Drogue would then stop asking questions, because EVERYONE knew Drogue, and Drogue knew everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I just tell people, "these are my internet friends." No one blinks an eye at this.

ReputationRep:
    Turdburger's about the only person I can explain away, seeing as I met him at his interviews. Apart from that... you're all completely unjustifiable. If I saw anyone I knew from the real world on that meet, for example, I'd probably have just run away
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    See, actually meeting TSR people who I don't already know would kinda freak me out. Tiz why I don't sign up to these meet-ups... :ninja:

I'm very weird like that, though. Plus I'm fairly anti-social anyway :yep:

I do love TSR though. I think one of it's best uses is stalking incoming applicants. I was sparring with a muppet in the year below on here way before he inflicted himself on Oxford :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    See, actually meeting TSR people who I don't already know would kinda freak me out. Tiz why I don't sign up to these meet-ups... :ninja:

I'm very weird like that, though. Plus I'm fairly anti-social anyway :yep:

I do love TSR though. I think one of it's best uses is stalking incoming applicants. I was sparring with a muppet in the year below on here way before he inflicted himself on Oxford :rofl:
    Despite the fact that the majority of us could probably recognise you, thanks to 'Interviews at Oxford'? :tongue: :ninja:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Despite the fact that the majority of us could probably recognise you, thanks to 'Interviews at Oxford'? :tongue: :ninja:
    Admittedly, that was a huge oversight on my part. I completely forgot I was in it and that it'd been sent around the world until the bunch that were being interviewed last December connected my sig with the booklet. I've had all kinds of messages since, full of sightings! :ninja:

I don't mind people knowing what I look like so much. Just would be very weird actually meeting people I don't know in person. My imagination doesn't deal with people, so I've never actually considered what anyone looks like or anything. So when I'm typing this reply, I'm aware that you're a male chemist, but don't consider things beyond that.

My brain is very strange :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly, that was a huge oversight on my part. I completely forgot I was in it and that it'd been sent around the world until the bunch that were being interviewed last December connected my sig with the booklet. I've had all kinds of messages since, full of sightings! :ninja:

I don't mind people knowing what I look like so much. Just would be very weird actually meeting people I don't know in person. My imagination doesn't deal with people, so I've never actually considered what anyone looks like or anything. So when I'm typing this reply, I'm aware that you're a male chemist, but don't consider things beyond that.

My brain is very strange :ninja:
    Ah, I find TSR that much better now I've met a fair few of the regulars in the real world
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ah, I find TSR that much better now I've met a fair few of the regulars in the real world
    Hmm... maybe one day if I'm feeling sociable, I'll come along to a meet-up!

Out of interest, how many people (Woostarites aside) have spotted me? Some applicants claim to have seen me but only one current member has, IIRC :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    To my knowledge I've only met one person from here. Tomorrow I'm going to find that booklet and work out who you are.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pf1)
    To my knowledge I've only met one person from here. Tomorrow I'm going to find that booklet and work out who you are.
    Nooooooooo, don't! They picked an awful photo of me. I was quite cross about that actually. I'm sure they must have had nicer ones :mad:

ReputationRep:
    TBF if you just walked round Wellington Square during working hours you'd probably see me. So I'm only making it a level playing field. :ninja:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pf1)
    TBF if you just walked round Wellington Square during working hours you'd probably see me. So I'm only making it a level playing field. :ninja:
    That's near enough to me for me to probs try that out sometime... :ninja:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.