Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Both of you, creating negative stories for the Daily Mail to publish. Bah.
    Oh dear. Have I incurred your wrath, Teebs? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Oh dear. Have I incurred your wrath, Teebs? :ninja:
    You'll find out tonight when the demonic forces demolish your house (or not depending on whether you did).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    You'll find out tonight when the demonic forces demolish your house (or not depending on whether you did).
    :yikes:

*runs away to make evacuation arrangements* :vroam:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No sign of demonic forces so far... :ninja:

I've actually had a vaguely productive day. Am reading my fifth article of the day. Admittedly none of the articles were very long, but am still impressed with myself :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Whoa... this place is depressingly quiet at the moment. I feel partly to blame. I ought to be on here more, posting crap, rather than working :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    Whoa... this place is depressingly quiet at the moment. I feel partly to blame. I ought to be on here more, posting crap, rather than working :tongue:
    Yeah you suck, we could talk about the Oxford nuclear triad. It's not spam if it's in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was never in favour of Balliol's disarmament. The thermonuclear tortoise was our main deterrent against the Trinity College Axis of Evil. Now all we have is Roary the Lion :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It needed to be done. The Balliol rahs were far too close to taking over and turning it into a rogue state. Then the less posh colleges would have quickly become victims, unable to match the nuclear power of a major college.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but now our only defence is a short person in a frankly substandard lion costume. That wouldn't even scare the Benet's lot.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you, like every other minor college will be under the protection of the Pax Magdalena.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Carl, photos of post-Baccus clubbing have gone up - it looks like it was carnage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Carl, photos of post-Baccus clubbing have gone up - it looks like it was carnage!
    :yep: - I think I missed a good one. I went to Holywell with the grads instead. Certain others went back to Jowett for (I presume) blackcurrant squash :tongue:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :yep: - I think I missed a good one. I went to Holywell with the grads instead. Certain others went back to Jowett for (I presume) blackcurrant squash :tongue:

Yes, I noticed his absence in those photos. Interesting to see J and RD clubbing it up, didn't realise they were party animals!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, don't know how early J made it into the lab the next day...

ReputationRep:
    I learnt to scull!! and it was AWESOME!! Except now I hate punters even more than I did as a rower :p:

Only had three scary moments - 1 near-cap v near the beginning (bear in mind that not only have I never been in a scull before, I have never sculled - i.e. rowed with two blades - before, so this was a steep learning curve!!), 1 near-cap right right right at the end when I backed too hard and somehow pushed the handle of my blade BEHIND me and it started spinning, which was a close call, and the point at which the head of rowing (who lets me coach my school rowers without knowing I don't know how to scull myself) sculled past me.... Thankfully I was just coming up to where K had landed so I could just pause there and look like I was waiting for him :p:

ReputationRep:
    right im going home today- I'm getting no work done in oxford and this place blows sack.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I keep posting crap but feel guilty about the randomness of said crap. Even by the random standards of this thread :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-barbara-ellen

ReputationRep:
    People lacking in common-sense go to Oxford shocker! Rugby club and newspaper editorial boards full of nobs exclusive! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pf1)
    To my knowledge I've only met one person from here. Tomorrow I'm going to find that booklet and work out who you are.
    I wonder if we've met - or if my time of visits to Wellington Square preceded, where's the 'ancient' smilie...
    With a vintage array of publicity material you might be able to find me too! :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.