Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    was having an interesting chat with my psychology teacher about intelligent people and drugs (we spoke about my brother for quite a while). does anybody know/know of anyone frequently/infrequently taking heroin at oxford?

(Original post by skagitup)
    was having an interesting chat with my psychology teacher about intelligent people and drugs (we spoke about my brother for quite a while). does anybody know/know of anyone frequently/infrequently taking heroin at oxford?
    Funnily enough yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turdburger)
    Funnily enough yes
    would you be able to explain what you know of his/her situation a little?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't know of anyone. Clearly I have boring friends...

(Original post by skagitup)
    would you be able to explain what you know of his/her situation a little?
    The guy was in 4th year when I was in first. I think he missed out 2 years due to drug problems so was about 24 ish. Met him at the first bop in college. Didnt know him very well at all.

He was off the stuff by the time I knew him. His excuse for taking it was "Freshers Week was boring"
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MSB)
    I have never had tea in a tute. I am sure my performance would improve significantly if I did.
    Perhaps you should try and hint at that? We originally only had tea but thought tutes would be far more fun if we took cake.

I mean, educational :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I will try it. Unfortunately, I have a complete change-over of tutors next term, so I'm not sure what it'll be like.

ReputationRep:
    my tutor always offers us coffee/tea. she's awesome in general though.

ugh i need a job this summer but there are like no attractive vacancies on the career service website for first years... i might have to start applying to random shops in ipswich and give up on my dream of a job in london this summer.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this on the front page :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Only two tutors have ever offered me tea - one was Stephen Blamey (Teddy Hallers will understand why I declined...) and the other was my amazing Latin grammar tutor. Tea, cakes, biscuits, and sometimes cats to play with... would've been ideal if it wasn't 9am and miles away.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and I am enjoying revision. This clearly makes me a freak, and it won't last, but still...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Oh, and I am enjoying revision. This clearly makes me a freak, and it won't last, but still...
    :yes: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered coffee before in tute before...

I swear its always arts tutors that are interesting and weird.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Most of my tutors are bonkers in one way or another :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno... I once had a tute in uni parks where I got sunburnt and my tutor smoked a lot. I also had one once where I wasn't asked to write an essay until after the tute, and the guy began it by putting his walking boots on the desk...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I dunno... I once had a tute in uni parks where I got sunburnt and my tutor smoked a lot. I also had one once where I wasn't asked to write an essay until after the tute, and the guy began it by putting his walking boots on the desk...
    McCleery used to tread mud from Wytham Woods into whatever nice carpet/rug the college had put down for him...

ReputationRep:
    JHJ used to have a bed in his college room.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, MA offer

ReputationRep:
    Apparently theology results are out in schools! Anyone have a camera and/or fancy taking a shot of the sheet?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.