Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    What were you doing in there if you're already a student? :ninja:
    I was congratulating/commiserating the applicants we'd all got to know through the frenzied questions around results day/application time/interviews and looking out for Woosta musos, since the last time I tried to ask my tutors about the incoming bunch, they gave hilarious but incorrect answers :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cpchem)
    I actually answer questions like a helpful person over in Chemistry from time-to-time. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
    People rarely ask questions about Music, but I'm always watching and ready to pounce on them when they do :yep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well this is just typical. Sister asks me how long I'm gonna be, making me feel bad and like I'm hogging the computer. I log off TSR and go to tell her that the computer is hers and she insists on snoozing for an extra ten minutes :rolleyes:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Wooo.... sleeeeeep.

ReputationRep:
    It's true, back then the servers ran on clockwork and we had to remember to wind them up every half hour. :sadnod:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    :wavey:
    Hey Elles, how's life treating you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Elles, how's life treating you?
    Not too badly... I am getting married, got a junior doctor job in London (sort of!), passed the Final Finals of doom & am currently on my elective - first half was a tropical island, now having really awesome research/clinical experience! :woo: Back to Oxford soon though to do the final essay of my student life & some optional modules & make my 6th (!) Trinity term the best yet. :yep:

How's it treating you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Not too badly... I am getting married, got a junior doctor job in London (sort of!), passed the Final Finals of doom & am currently on my elective - first half was a tropical island, now having really awesome research/clinical experience! :woo: Back to Oxford soon though to do the final essay of my student life & some optional modules & make my 6th (!) Trinity term the best yet. :yep:

How's it treating you?
    Congratulations! When's the big day? All sounds like good fun and excitement. There are worse places to be than a tropical island! As for me, life is treating me just fine. Working life isn't as bad as I thought it might be and neither is the Scottish weather so all in all it's going pretty good.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Elles)

How's it treating you?
    Awwww! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    I *really* want to watch Prince of Egypt but don't own it...and by the time I've ordered it/it's arrived the craving won't be quite so urgent. It's all part of a perfect conspiracy to try and push me further towards work.
    Also....am now terrified by only having 12 days left at home.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)
    I *really* want to watch Prince of Egypt but don't own it...and by the time I've ordered it/it's arrived the craving won't be quite so urgent. It's all part of a perfect conspiracy to try and push me further towards work.
    Also....am now terrified by only having 12 days left at home.
    Can I ask what inspired this great need to watch 'Prince of Egypt'? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i kant weight two go2 oxford and be all happi he he xx all meh oxf0rd boyz holla once twice three tymez 4 a ladi xx he hex

loadz luv,

x laDy laSheS x (oxf0rd gash n proud he he x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skagitup)
    i kant weight two go2 oxford and be all happi he he xx all meh oxf0rd boyz holla once twice three tymez 4 a ladi xx he hex

loadz luv,

x laDy laSheS x (oxf0rd gash n proud he he x)
    If you're going to write like that you can **** right off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    If you're going to write like that you can **** right off.
    likewise

essentially, though, it does all relate back to fairly simplistic algebraic function

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Can I ask what inspired this great need to watch 'Prince of Egypt'? :cool:
    Not quite sure......probably vague flashbacks to the fairly awesome soundtrack and the animation (which was fairly impressive).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not quite sure......probably vague flashbacks to the fairly awesome soundtrack and the animation (which was fairly impressive).
    It did have a good soundtrack :yep: Was not impressed when Leon from the X Factor did a cover of 'When You Believe' :no: Did you manage to get hold of a copy quickly in the end?

Went bowling today for the first time in years. Was good fun! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It did have a good soundtrack :yep: Was not impressed when Leon from the X Factor did a cover of 'When You Believe' :no: Did you manage to get hold of a copy quickly in the end?

Went bowling today for the first time in years. Was good fun! :woo:
    :no:
    Was quite upsetting.....might have to order one in for next term though. Animated films are the only way forward for revision breaks. I found that cover on youtube and got very angry....the one in the film is the best though (I don't really like the uberly scary mariah carey/whitney houston one).

And ooooh......bowling. Fun.

Have to go to ox tomorrow....trying to work out which of my friends are there so I can at least have lunch on top of my doctor's appt and make the 8 hours of travelling seem worth it! Who knows.....I might even get to the RSL!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :no:
    Was quite upsetting.....might have to order one in for next term though. Animated films are the only way forward for revision breaks. I found that cover on youtube and got very angry....the one in the film is the best though (I don't really like the uberly scary mariah carey/whitney houston one).

And ooooh......bowling. Fun.

Have to go to ox tomorrow....trying to work out which of my friends are there so I can at least have lunch on top of my doctor's appt and make the 8 hours of travelling seem worth it! Who knows.....I might even get to the RSL!
    :eek: :console: :hugs:

Animated films are definitely the way forward. Unfortunately I can't justify spending 20 quid per Disney DVD, otherwise I'd buy a whole lot of them :cry: I keep telling myself that my ever-growing collection of musicals is related to my course and thus justifiable :ninja:

That's a long way to go for a doctor's appointment! The JR asked me to come back to Oxford for 3 hours of hearing tests in January before term started and then cancelled it. Except they'd sent the cancellation letter to college, so I only found out when I got there. Still had my hearing therapy session, otherwise I'd have been v unimpressed :mad:

There was a v uncanny Holly Willoughby lookalike in church today (a pregnant one as well!) but a quick Google stalk of the husband confirms that it wasn't her :no:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! When's the big day? All sounds like good fun and excitement. There are worse places to be than a tropical island! As for me, life is treating me just fine. Working life isn't as bad as I thought it might be and neither is the Scottish weather so all in all it's going pretty good.
    Thank you. Christmas - so this year if I informally switch an SSM to 'Wedding Planning' (because finals/elective have sort of been in the way!) & things fall into place, or next year if not. :p:

Remind me where you're working & whereabouts in Scotland? I have some friends who were allocated 'Scotland' (!) in our job process...

Awwww! Congrats!
    The JR asked me to come back to Oxford for 3 hours of hearing tests in January before term started and then cancelled it. Except they'd sent the cancellation letter to college, so I only found out when I got there. Still had my hearing therapy session, otherwise I'd have been v unimpressed :mad:
    Thank you. :woo:

3 hours of hearing tests? Sheesh... which ones take that long? Or was it including Consultant appointment afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Thank you. Christmas - so this year if I informally switch an SSM to 'Wedding Planning' (because finals/elective have sort of been in the way!) & things fall into place, or next year if not. :p:

Remind me where you're working & whereabouts in Scotland? I have some friends who were allocated 'Scotland' (!) in our job process...

Thank you. :woo:

3 hours of hearing tests? Sheesh... which ones take that long? Or was it including Consultant appointment afterwards?
    Sounds very exciting! It scares me all these people getting married, it's so grown up :p:. I'm working in Aberdeen for one of the oil majors as a reservoir engineer, which is mainly computer simulation and analysis type stuff.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.