Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)

But what happens if you go round a corner straight into someone? Jeez the lanes round here are nightmare-enough as it is!
    thats exactly my point - not being able to see anything 100m ahead of me isn't really a problem when there is a corner 10m infront of me. I've been driving in lanes for years now though - it really is an acquired skill!

ReputationRep:
    Fog just gives it that whole Christmas feel. :p: I quite like fog, in an odd sort of way and assuming Im not travelling around in it.

Edit: Look on the bright side, at least the days are only getting longer now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Aaah I'm with you! When I was working this summer I used to go to work with my boss who, no jokes, will drive at over 50 on those windy lanes - he's insane!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Fog just gives it that whole Christmas feel.
    That it does. Loving that part of it, especially misty windows and lights in the distance. Wish where I lived was more Christmassy in terms of lights and stuff though. 'Tis a bit miserable
    Edit: Look on the bright side, at least the days are only getting longer now :cool:
    Love it when that happens. Makes me feel more... optimistic?

ReputationRep:
    Aaah I'm with you! When I was working this summer I used to go to work with my boss who, no jokes, will drive at over 50 on those windy lanes - he's insane!!
    Scarily fun, but not worth doing too often *is a reckless teenage driver* :p:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno I quite like it being dark early at night and late in the morning. I mean I like summer... but not really Augusty summer because I overheat at like 20 degrees But all my memories of my Dad from when I was younger seem to be at 6 or 7 in the morning when it was still dark outside. Don't know why... I mean I know why they were all from 6 or 7 in the morning but not why none of them are from summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjuthani)
    Scarily fun, but not worth doing too often *is a reckless teenage driver* :p:
    Ha! you think you know reckless teenage driving :p: A few of my friends passed their tests at the same time and ... well let's just say I won't get in te car with many of them anymore because of some of the stupid things we used to do at 3 in the morning hehe! One of the reasons why I was never too fussed about learning to drive was that it was terrifying enough being in the passenger seat without being expected to join in with my own car! :p:

ReputationRep:
    There's something about the long day that gives me loads of energy- I tend to wake up really early and just get loads done. Although that happened a lot over the last term, so maybe its not a weather thing. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    That it does. Loving that part of it, especially misty windows and lights in the distance. Wish where I lived was more Christmassy in terms of lights and stuff though. 'Tis a bit miserable

Love it when that happens. Makes me feel more... optimistic?
    Yeah I'd noticed that. Lights on houses seems to have gone out of fashion a little. There was a time a couple of years ago where just about every house had flashing lights and wizz bang decorations all over the shop. This year there are relatively few. Maybe people just can't be bothered.

Boo --> dark is a bit like fog too... in a funny kind of way it makes me feel safe and secure, I suppose because it brings the world down to just a small little area. Still, at least with more daylight it might start being less sub-zero. My house at home is freezing compared to Ox (where I'm only heating 1 room). I can't get warm at all!

ReputationRep:
    There's something about the long day that gives me loads of energy- I tend to wake up really early and just get loads done. Although that happened a lot over the last term, so maybe its not a weather thing. :confused:
    Mmm you're right actually - I always get up earlier during the summer

Yeah I'd noticed that. Lights on houses seems to have gone out of fashion a little. There was a time a couple of years ago where just about every house had flashing lights and wizz bang decorations all over the shop. This year there are relatively few. Maybe people just can't be bothered.
    Hehe I'll take some pictures of roudn by me then - I kinda live in chav town and they go ALL out for it! Someone has an inflatable santa that kinda got knocked off the roof and there was a really strong wind and it looked like santa was flailing as he tried to hang on and climb back up - 'twas awesome :p:

Boo --> dark is a bit like fog too... in a funny kind of way it makes me feel safe and secure, I suppose because it brings the world down to just a small little area. Still, at least with more daylight it might start being less sub-zero. My house at home is freezing compared to Ox (where I'm only heating 1 room). I can't get warm at all!
    hmmm maybe. I like dark but I don't like twilight. On my own. But that's another story. It's got wolves in it :confused:

ReputationRep:

Hehe I'll take some pictures of roudn by me then - I kinda live in chav town and they go ALL out for it! Someone has an inflatable santa that kinda got knocked off the roof and there was a really strong wind and it looked like santa was flailing as he tried to hang on and climb back up - 'twas awesome :p:
    That fine line between cheerful and festive and tacky:rolleyes: Still, I think people round here could risk *some* lights!

hmmm maybe. I like dark but I don't like twilight. On my own. But that's another story. It's got wolves in it :confused:
    I've loads of work to do that I'm not doing, and a famiy Christmas party to plan for tomorrow night that er... isn't. I've got time to hear this. *settles down to hear story*

ReputationRep:
    Hehe sorry babes lunch calls - you can hear it later

ReputationRep:
    I'll excuse you- but only for the supreme respect I have for lunch. Lunch is good. My second lunch calls to me now actually...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm seems that lunch was a false alarm. So we may as well...

Once upon a time there was a little girl called Boo, except she wasn't really very little because Boo has always been ridiculously tall. But you get the idea. And one day Boo's Daddy read her the story of Little Red Riding Hood, which was terribly exciting except that Boo fell asleep right after the wolf ate Grandma up! So Boo's Daddy left her to sleep but that night Boo was very ill and had a temperature of 103 and started fitting and hallucinating and she thought that there were lots of big bad wolves everywhere coming out of the walls and that everbody who went near her was a wolf too!!

And that is why to this day if I feel a fever coming on I'll warn people to just ignore me if I start talking about wolves. Because I STILL see them. Generally now I know that they're not really wolves. It's only when I get really ill that I get the full blown nightmare hallucination thing. But I still don't like being on my own in the twilight because I start seeing shapes in things and red eyes everywhere

ReputationRep:
    I bet my lunch beats your lunch. I have tiger bread for my lunch

ReputationRep:
    Boo, my mother always warned me about meeting up with people off the internet- i think your story justifies her concern!

ReputationRep:
    Off home, today. I've got to be one of the last to leave Ox.

And I'm procrastinating SO much. I've done about half my list of chores, but it's so boring. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    Boo, my mother always warned me about meeting up with people off the internet- i think your story justifies her concern!
    *sighs* I try so hard to be normal. Besides you met me, I didn't try to murder, molest or otherwise maim you... what's wrong?!

ReputationRep:
    no one mentioned anything about the possibility of wolves being there! They're attracted to those gifted in seeing them you know!

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they only ever attack me

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.