Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I'm resisting the tempation to make a new thread now, stick it in the recycle bin, and retrospectively merge them so I'm the OP :ninja:

But that would be REALLY sad.
    You're trying to erase Sam?! :eek2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    You're trying to erase Sam?! :eek2:

No, just whoever starts the new thread! I can't postdate my own posts, but I could create a new thread now and force a merge later.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    So what happens to this thread anyway once the new thread starts? What d'you mean by recycle bin? Will it disappear, never to be seen again? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Teebs, kindly stop imagining your hands on my levers :p: Teebs may like to think he's going to get to me first, but he doesn't know what I have planned for him :yes:

Pfft, I go offline for seven hours and you all run amok. Pfft.
    Ohhhh, but imagining your *ahem* levers is such fun I suspect it's quite possible that we'll end up with a mutual kill creating a horrible power vacuum.

Edit: Shouldn't you be partying anyway? You're spoiling my power grab :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh dear. NB stated in a thread about becoming a lecturer that im so academic would probs like to talk to oxbridge_tutor, prompting oxbridge_tutor to ask me if im so academic is an academic :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Oh dear. NB stated in a thread about becoming a lecturer that im so academic would probs like to talk to oxbridge_tutor, prompting oxbridge_tutor to ask me if im so academic is an academic :rofl:
    Who on earth is Oxbridge tutor?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Who on earth is Oxbridge tutor?
    A TSR member who claims to be an Oxford tutor who posts every once in a while, usually on Oxford threads or threads about becoming a lecturer. Think he's a tutor at my college based on his previous posts, but that's just a hunch... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored and don't want to revise and it's too soon after dinner to go and do sit ups in front of the television. Someone entertain me!

ReputationRep:
    You could always follow the dangerous plan of my holiday and become addicted to games in the Arcade?

ReputationRep:
    You could always follow the dangerous plan of my holiday and become addicted to games in the Arcade?
    Since my subscription has come from another member, it could run out any time so I don't want to become overly dependent.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be all over by tonight. And then who will remember sjuthani *sniff*
    Forever in our hearts :rip:

ReputationRep:
    Does the thread end when it hits 10,000 posts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Yeah, its tsr's policy to close them at 10,000 because big threads are a drain on the server, so at that point we get "Post here if you're procrastinating - The Oxford Chat Thread MkII"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Yep, it'll get locked, and someone'll have to start a new one. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh goodness, if any of you are still in contact with Sjuthani, you should get hold of him at the right time so that he can make the last post of the thread too.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it there's no reason why sjuthani couldn't start the next thread too with a little bit of help from her ladyship. Copy the OP into a new thread and hey presto, sjuthani reborn :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Oh goodness, if any of you are still in contact with Sjuthani, you should get hold of him at the right time so that he can make the last post of the thread too.
    :rofl2:
    I always laugh when someone uses that who I wouldn't expect to....... :o:

On a controversial note....I'm beginning to think that Apple *might not* be the devil.....iMacs are looking more and more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)

On a controversial note....I'm beginning to think that Apple *might not* be the devil.....iMacs are looking more and more attractive.
    Can I suggest that you've been in Oxford too long and have been brainwashed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Can I suggest that you've been in Oxford too long and have been brainwashed?
    By Apple? Quite possibly.....my organic tutor must get paid for advertising for them or something! He's being made to retire in a few years (age) and has an iphone, massive iMac, awesome Macbook pro and something else....and that's before you get to the CRL and what he has hidden there....
    Apparently it's an old-fashioned chemistry thing. But I'm still jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarnishedpenny)

Oh goodness? I tend to use phrases like that in a semi-deliberate manner. I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect me to though.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.